Starter kit wanted

Hey. Yeah I got the 4ml pico with 3 efest batteries. The first 2 or 3 weeks I used about 2 batteries a day. Now, 2 months later 1 battery a day is all I need. At night I swop batteries.

Im not 100% sure what the coils are called but I buy the 0.3 ohm coils. When you buy new you get a 0.3 and a 0.5 coil. I have heard the 0.3 is the best.

The settings is not complicated. I just use the watts setting. I found that 50 to 55 watts is perfect for me. But start off at 30 and work your way up.

The booklet that comes with will explain everything you need to know and if you struggle, youtube has a few videos of the pico being explained.

Anybody with more information please feel free to jump in. I am by no means an expert. I dont think you can go wrong with a pico. Its a great little device.

On the forum there is a thread with know "problems" of the pico like the airlock problem. I can honestly say its not a big deal. Keep the top cap screwed on just tight enough that it doesnt leak and if you chain vape just unscrew it slightly every few puffs to release the airlock and then screw it back. It doesn't bother me at all. My biggest problem is/was buying the right liquid with the right nicotine levels. 3mg is more than enought. Don't be like me and buy 6mg. Especially if you had flu and a sore throat because it with burn. Believe me

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Hey. Yeah I got the 4ml pico with 3 efest batteries. The first 2 or 3 weeks I used about 2 batteries a day. Now, 2 months later 1 battery a day is all I need. At night I swop batteries.

Im not 100% sure what the coils are called but I buy the 0.3 ohm coils. When you buy new you get a 0.3 and a 0.5 coil. I have heard the 0.3 is the best.

The settings is not complicated. I just use the watts setting. I found that 50 to 55 watts is perfect for me. But start off at 30 and work your way up.

The booklet that comes with will explain everything you need to know and if you struggle, youtube has a few videos of the pico being explained.

Anybody with more information please feel free to jump in. I am by no means an expert. I dont think you can go wrong with a pico. Its a great little device.

On the forum there is a thread with know "problems" of the pico like the airlock problem. I can honestly say its not a big deal. Keep the top cap screwed on just tight enough that it doesnt leak and if you chain vape just unscrew it slightly every few puffs to release the airlock and then screw it back. It doesn't bother me at all. My biggest problem is/was buying the right liquid with the right nicotine levels. 3mg is more than enought. Don't be like me and buy 6mg. Especially if you had flu and a sore throat because it with burn. Believe me

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
Thanks , I appreciate the feedback

Where did you get the best deal ?

Oh and how much liquid and coils are using more or less a month?

I don't know if I got the best deal or not but sir vape had everything I wanted. So instead of shopping around I just got everything at one place.

Coils. I don't use more than 2 coils a month. I think a coil last me about 3 weeks. Maybe more.

Liquid. Well that will depend on what you buy and how much you like it. I got a 30ml 5mg pappa smurf and it didn't last me a week. I think it was like 3 to 4 days and then it was gone. But it was my first liquid I bought and I had a huge habit to kick so I vaped the hell out of my pico. I would say its safe to say that you will probably use 60 to 100 ml a month. But again it all depends on your vaping style and the type of liquid.

I hope this helps you.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I don't know if I got the best deal or not but sir vape had everything I wanted. So instead of shopping around I just got everything at one place.

Coils. I don't use more than 2 coils a month. I think a coil last me about 3 weeks. Maybe more.

Liquid. Well that will depend on what you buy and how much you like it. I got a 30ml 5mg pappa smurf and it didn't last me a week. I think it was like 3 to 4 days and then it was gone. But it was my first liquid I bought and I had a huge habit to kick so I vaped the hell out of my pico. I would say its safe to say that you will probably use 60 to 100 ml a month. But again it all depends on your vaping style and the type of liquid.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks, helps a lot to hear from someone in a similar situation as i am

My 2 cents :
Got a Pico about 3 months ago and have kicked the stinkies.
The pico is an awesome starting point and performs above its price point.
I go through about a coil a week and about 60ml of juice easily.

Looking to get something bigger next month at Vapecon to run my RDA and have better battary life, as I drain 2 or 3 1860 a day (change batteries twice a day).

As a first Device the Pico is great and I'm definitely holding on to mine as a backup / second device

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

My 2 cents :

Looking to get something bigger next month at Vapecon to run my RDA and have better battary life, as I drain 2 or 3 1860 a day (change batteries twice a day).

As a first Device the Pico is great and I'm definitely holding on to mine as a backup / second device

so i guess from now on its only going bigger and bigger

until i set a rat trap in my pocket :(

My 2 cents :

What tank/RBA at what ohm coils are you using on your pico? Is that what is draining your battery, coil and juice?

Reason I'm asking is I'm looking at getting a RTA for my pico. At the moment I'm using the standard 4ml melo 3 tank that comes with the pico.

so i guess from now on its only going bigger and bigger

until i set a rat trap in my pocket :(
I think it depends. Are you vaping as a hobby or a habit. I see alot of people making it a hobby. Collecting devices and and and. For me its an alternative to smoking. I find myself needing to vape less every day. I dont think I will ever completely stop. But there is days that I barely empty a tank.

Hey @Franky3,

I am probably a terrible example as I chain Vape badly. In the 3 little "smoke breaks" I get at work I frantically hit my Pico like a red headed step child, hence my high juice consumption.
I have the mini Melo3 (2ml) tank, and am using the 0.18 ohm ECL heads with the bigger juice holes in TC mode. I personally really like Temperatur Control mode as I don't burn the coils. Because they are 0.18 they use a lot more power draining the batteries twice as fast. (Would like to get the 0.3 ECL coils but nobody seems to stock them).

Last week I got the 22mm Wotofo Freakshow V2. Loving it, running some low end claptons at 0.45 ohm. So its not heavy on battary, but with big clouds and big flavour comes mayor juice consumption.

That makes sense, I think. I'm still very dumb when it comes to alk the technical stuff of vaping.

Im looking at the Ammit 22 RTA.

I think it depends. Are you vaping as a hobby or a habit. I see alot of people making it a hobby. Collecting devices and and and. For me its an alternative to smoking. I find myself needing to vape less every day. I dont think I will ever completely stop. But there is days that I barely empty a tank.

more as a habit, very stressful job i have and i always took out frustration on a stinkie instead of shouting , was hoping for vaping to be a a healthier and cheaper (im living in a fools paradise if i think that will happen) alternative

That makes sense, I think. I'm still very dumb when it comes to alk the technical stuff of vaping.

Im looking at the Ammit 22 RTA.

although i like working with my hands, i dont want to get technical

it was very easy to buy a pack of stinkies and light it up

coil building and settings confuse me

I think there is ways of making it cheaper. But then you are going to be building your own coils and making your own liquid. But its definitely healthier.

I think there is ways of making it cheaper. But then you are going to be building your own coils and making your own liquid. But its definitely healthier.

I am really enjoying the healthier benefits

guess ill have to take up the hobby of making my own juice and building coils if i would like to carry on

Im looking into starting to build my own coils but as far as liquid goes im still not convinced its worth the effort. It sound like one hell of a mission. And because I don't use that much buying from all day vapes works out to about R500 for 180ml. So I'm exploring other options before I invest in something thats not worth it for me.

Like all things in life "Your milage may vary"
Making your own juice will work out way cheaper like R20/100ml.
It's like cars, are you happy with a Kia Picanto than will get you from A-B economically without much hassle, or do you want a Subaru that you will fiddle with and turn into a beast.

No man. You can't say stuff like that. Dammit. Now I have to learn how do make my own juice. Why the hell would you say stuff like that.

Lol..
I just placed an order this morning for *all* the things I'll need to make my own juice. Came to about R1000,
R400 for equipment like scale and bottles etc, then like R150 for 1.5 litre worth of base ingredients, and the rest was assorted flavours that will last for quite a few batches.

Last edited:
Hey man where are based. I can give you a wismec rx200 with a wud skin for 700 negotiable
Hi guys and girls. I want to get into vaping but don't have the cash to buy a new mod. I have my eye on that smok alien kit. Is there anybody that is selling a complete kit( mod with tank) batteries etc. If I could get away with something under R1000 that would be perfect.

Back