Temp Sensing Check in

smok.jpg

speaks for itself :D
Where did you get the GCT @Willyza? Its a great looking tank!

Hey all, noob here! this is my first post so go easy on me lol.
Got the heatvape invader mini with TC and was running 2.4mm diameter 28g nickel coil at 0.16ohm on my lemo 2. The TC feature definitely seems to work however I'm noticing flavor(DIY vanilla custard) tasting abit weird, been through 3 tanks and still tasting wonky but not exactly terrible. Hoping to find out if that is normal. Also I'm getting super inconsistent hits in flavour. Vapor production seems the same though. Started off running at 300 degrees celsius eventually going up to the max 600 degrees and it seems to put out better flavor and vape the higher I go. the invader mini seems to lock the resistance of the coil automatically or atleast according to the display that's what it does. The major buzz kill of all is that after 1 or 2 good hits the wattage drops down to like single digits and you can forget about tasting any flavor, atleast for a few good minutes while I'm assuming it needs to cool down. No dry hits though since TC works as i said. Just need to know if this is what you gotta put up with on TC devices.
What am i getting wrong here? should i go for titanium wire as some posts suggests its much better? don't even know where I'm going to get it from but yeah. I'm back on my trusted kanthal build and starting to doubt the benefits of this TC feature.

Any advice? :wondering:

Got the heatvape invader mini with TC and was running 2.4mm diameter 28g nickel coil at 0.16ohm on my lemo 2. The TC feature definitely seems to work however I'm noticing flavor(DIY vanilla custard) tasting abit weird, been through 3 tanks and still tasting wonky but not exactly terrible. Hoping to find out if that is normal. Also I'm getting super inconsistent hits in flavour. Vapor production seems the same though. Started off running at 300 degrees celsius eventually going up to the max 600 degrees and it seems to put out better flavor and vape the higher I go. the invader mini seems to lock the resistance of the coil automatically or atleast according to the display that's what it does. The major buzz kill of all is that after 1 or 2 good hits the wattage drops down to like single digits and you can forget about tasting any flavor, atleast for a few good minutes while I'm assuming it needs to cool down. No dry hits though since TC works as i said. Just need to know if this is what you gotta put up with on TC devices.
What am i getting wrong here? should i go for titanium wire as some posts suggests its much better? don't even know where I'm going to get it from but yeah. I'm back on my trusted kanthal build and starting to doubt the benefits of this TC feature.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that it is dropping wattage to prevent dry hits. Are you sure you wicked correctly? Can you post a pic of your build? My guess would be that it is not wicking quick enough.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge while sitting in a blissfull vaping cloud.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that it is dropping wattage to prevent dry hits. Are you sure you wicked correctly? Can you post a pic of your build? My guess would be that it is not wicking quick enough.

Agreed. Sounds like a wicking issue, and seeing that it is a Lemo 2 this is a high probability

Most welcome to the forum. Have not tried TC yet, but are seeing more and more comments that it is possibly not as straightforward as it might have been made out to be.

@baksteen8168 i think you might be right on both of those things,the wattage drop and wicking. I ran the mentioned build for a day or two then lost patience pulling my hair out and went to kanthal. Thanks for the quick response you folks are awesome,will definitely give it another try when i get a chance and get back here with feedback. What about the weird taste i get though? any noticeable change in taste with nickel in your experience? The first hit after a few minutes gives alot of flavor as usual but it just tastes different compared to kanthal. Thought maybe i burnt the coil at first but after a re-wick it tasted the same. But hey maybe my impatience at the time made me wick it poorly. The lemo 2 is my only atomizer at the moment until i get my billow v2 next week. That should increase my patience for these trial and error nickel builds since I'll have something else to vape with while I try and wick it better. As you know, vapers gotta vape!

Have to agree, its heavy and bulky, but still an awesome looking mod and performs just as good :)
ive currently got an IPV4 and its kinda big and heavy too. Its still my ADV.
as long as it feels good in your hand then size and weight has no effect.
If the snow wolf wasnt so far out of my reach i would definitely be getting one too

i think you might be right on both of those things,the wattage drop and wicking. I ran the mentioned build for a day or two then lost patience pulling my hair out and went to kanthal. Thanks for the quick response you folks are awesome,will definitely give it another try when i get a chance and get back here with feedback. What about the weird taste i get though? any noticeable change in taste with nickel in your experience? The first hit after a few minutes gives alot of flavor as usual but it just tastes different compared to kanthal. Thought maybe i burnt the coil at first but after a re-wick it tasted the same. But hey maybe my impatience at the time made me wick it poorly. The lemo 2 is my only atomizer at the moment until i get my billow v2 next week. That should increase my patience for these trial and error nickel builds since I'll have something else to vape with while I try and wick it better. As you know, vapers gotta vape!

many guys say that the flavour off the nickel builds are way better. Honestly i dont think that to be true.
The issue with the lemo 2 is that the wick gets dry rather quickly and its does not get saturated quickly enough. i Found that when i wick the lemo 2 the section the coil needs to be snug but with enough space to get jst the sightest movement without pulling the coils with the cotton.the ends i cut off to meet the base exactly without too much over hang. also thin the side out a little bit to allow the juice to move up toward the wick a little faster. (turning the tank upside now now and again will help get the wick saturated too.)
unfortunately the lemo isnt the greatest tank for nickel builds. IMO try building on a dripper until you found your sweet spot and then try to replicate it into a tank.

Sheesh! you people awesome on the response times hey, thanks again all you okes. Will give this a bash soon and see how it goes fingers crossed. Really looking forward to getting this TC thing right for those long hits. Also FYI a tricky I do sometimes on the lemo 2 to get it to wick immediately I close off the airflow completely then give it a few light pulls until i see enough bubbles coming out of the juice wells then I'm good to go again. Some people claim it causes leaks by doing that but I haven't experienced any so far.

Sheesh! you people awesome on the response times hey, thanks again all you okes. Will give this a bash soon and see how it goes fingers crossed. Really looking forward to getting this TC thing right for those long hits. Also FYI a tricky I do sometimes on the lemo 2 to get it to wick immediately I close off the airflow completely then give it a few light pulls until i see enough bubbles coming out of the juice wells then I'm good to go again. Some people claim it causes leaks by doing that but I haven't experienced any so far.

on the lemo 2 that process should not cause any leaks. I have done it quite a few times. Except i close off the airflow to allow only a very small amount of air in to allow more juice to pull into the chamber with the air. Let us know how your progress goes.

And please @reefy3 add an avatar to your profile.

on the lemo 2 that process should not cause any leaks. I have done it quite a few times. Except i close off the airflow to allow only a very small amount of air in to allow more juice to pull into the chamber with the air. Let us know how your progress goes.

And please @reefy3 add an avatar to your profile.

sorted with the avatar. Whoop whoop!

@baksteen8168 i think you might be right on both of those things,the wattage drop and wicking. I ran the mentioned build for a day or two then lost patience pulling my hair out and went to kanthal. Thanks for the quick response you folks are awesome,will definitely give it another try when i get a chance and get back here with feedback. What about the weird taste i get though? any noticeable change in taste with nickel in your experience? The first hit after a few minutes gives alot of flavor as usual but it just tastes different compared to kanthal. Thought maybe i burnt the coil at first but after a re-wick it tasted the same. But hey maybe my impatience at the time made me wick it poorly. The lemo 2 is my only atomizer at the moment until i get my billow v2 next week. That should increase my patience for these trial and error nickel builds since I'll have something else to vape with while I try and wick it better. As you know, vapers gotta vape!
Taste is roughly the same to me. Thus is the reason I prefer Kanthal over finicky nickel. Lol

Maybe I got lucky? I do taste diffirences in going up and down in temp, but get the same going up and down in watts.

Taste is roughly the same to me. Thus is the reason I prefer Kanthal over finicky nickel. Lol

Maybe I got lucky? I do taste diffirences in going up and down in temp, but get the same going up and down in watts.

Yeah for now i also still prefer the kanthal too. But since I paid R129 for a spool of nickel I gotta get something good out of it. Sigh...
Know anything about this titanium wire I'm hearing of for TC? I know certain factory made coils comes with it but can it be bought to build with? Also eager to get into building clapton and twisted wire but that's another discussion.

@BuzzGlo Isn't the resistance supposed to stay locked if it gets locked? I mean, this gets locked on the device, so I don't understand how the coil then would affect this. My problem is that even when locking the resistance in, it still drops on the device!

Could this be an issue with the device? Should I perhaps try a different sub tank coil?

Yeah for now i also still prefer the kanthal too. But since I paid R129 for a spool of nickel I gotta get something good out of it. Sigh...
Know anything about this titanium wire I'm hearing of for TC? I know certain factory made coils comes with it but can it be bought to build with? Also eager to get into building clapton and twisted wire but that's another discussion.
Titanium is supposedly harder and thus easier to work with. I think Vapeowave is in the process of acquiring some. I will probably be getting some of that.

Back