Twisp Vega

I just thank Twisp for all the money they put into advertising (not cheap).
That is the real benefit for vaping in SA.

'I'm still a relative n00b but even I know that you can just adjust airflow for MTL and get a higher ohm coil. Why market a separate setup?"
To MAke More Money!!!
I used to think Twisp was the best thing after birth control.
Until mine broke for the millionth time. I was changing coils every 4-5 days if i was lucky.
Im saving about R500 a month on Juice, im building now an my rba/rdta etc/ thus saving R400 there also.
Now im wondering... Why do they feel the need to rip unknowing customers off (im pretty sure its unknowing as i dont think anyone would knowingly buy a twisp with the other available offers.

'I'm still a relative n00b but even I know that you can just adjust airflow for MTL and get a higher ohm coil. Why market a separate setup?"
To MAke More Money!!!
Until mine broke for the millionth time. I was changing coils every 4-5 days if i was lucky.
Im saving about R500 a month on Juice, im building now an my rba/rdta etc/ thus saving R400 there also.
Now im wondering... Why do they feel the need to rip unknowing customers off (im pretty sure its unknowing as i dont think anyone would knowingly buy a twisp with the other available offers.
The EGo AIO o,6ohm coil is marketed as MTL the 0,5 ohm for direct lung hits. Think they are trying the same

To MAke More Money!!!

All you need now is make your own juice!
Give it a go, it's easier than you think...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Rudi it's ridiculous! R800 for a Vega. The AIO box starter kit is R400 at Sir Vape. For a decent small atty and a mod! I always tell potential vapers to shop around first. But then again, it's the Twisp Kiosks in big shopping centres that catch the unsuspecting beginner.

Sorry to ramble on. But I was caught exactly the same way. Last December my Aero cost, R1000, a back up charger for work: 300, a spare battery: 300, some juice: 150. Some spare coils for 200. Total: R1950!

If I had just Googled first, I would not have spent nearly as much. But no, I was too spontaneous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alas,same happened to me

Sent from my Stoep, overlooking Slaapstad

I got the intro mail. The kit is R999 as an introduction price. I thought I was special to get the discount, lol.

I expected it to have VV/VW now but doesn't look like it, just a bigger battery.

P.S: Also got caught to buy the old Twisp device at R999 and then they stopped supporting it and their solution was to buy the Clearo's/Janty, not even offered a trade-in discount since they weren't selling coils and seals anymore. At least I found this site after though so I didn't waste tons of cash on their juice and found better, fancier equipment cheaper when I needed to upgrade.

I got the intro mail. The kit is R999 as an introduction price. I thought I was special to get the discount, lol.

I expected it to have VV/VW now but doesn't look like it, just a bigger battery.

P.S: Also got caught to buy the old Twisp device at R999 and then they stopped supporting it and their solution was to buy the Clearo's/Janty, not even offered a trade-in discount since they weren't selling coils and seals anymore. At least I found this site after though so I didn't waste tons of cash on their juice and found better, fancier equipment cheaper when I needed to upgrade.
Website blurp "The Twisp Vega is a new category in the Twisp range. It offers a host of features for you to enjoy. The Vega offers greater power, increased battery capacity and is the first Twisp device to introduce advanced control electronics. Its Variable Wattage Control makes consistency in performance possible."

Website blurp "The Twisp Vega is a new category in the Twisp range. It offers a host of features for you to enjoy. The Vega offers greater power, increased battery capacity and is the first Twisp device to introduce advanced control electronics. Its Variable Wattage Control makes consistency in performance possible."
I stand corrected. Didn't bother to read the blurb, just looked for buttons on the pic and didn't see any.

@SAVaper, LOL....Now I don't feel so bad...I walk past the Twisp vendor in my mall, and I hear the man say to the customer: "That will be R1550 please". I just chuckle to myself.

Twisp is not a bad device sure they ridiculously overpriced but they have helped many people who only know twisp.
At least those fokes now get a little taste of what vaping has become.

Hi All, here to field your wrath :), and hopefully answer some questions:

The reason Twisp have not released a high powered device to date is that they have not been ready (technically) for mass market use. Too many complications for us to support at store level to "non-enthusiast level" customers, and too much risk from a regulatory standpoint if consumers can unintentionally increase wattage to dry hit conditions.

With this in mind, the Vega has been modified to recognise our supported coils and give a safe range of wattage levels for that coil. MTL and STL versions, without risk of scorching or dry hits (liquid level permitting)

Regarding spitting: we have overcome this with a baffle design unique to this tank. Try it and see :)
Gurgling and flooding, have also been overcome with our choice of coil, and design tweaks.
STL use: works great with a the 0.5ohm coil and the wide bore drip tip. The kits come standard with the MTL setup, and this is what is most familiar with the vast majority of customers.

Regarding pricing: Without advertising, regulatory advocacy, and sufficient product support, SA wouldn't be as on track to being "smokeless" as it is today.

Kind regards

Philip

The reason Twisp have not released a high powered device to date is that they have not been ready (technically) for mass market use. Too many complications for us to support at store level to "non-enthusiast level" customers, and too much risk from a regulatory standpoint if consumers can unintentionally increase wattage to dry hit conditions.

With this in mind, the Vega has been modified to recognise our supported coils and give a safe range of wattage levels for that coil. MTL and STL versions, without risk of scorching or dry hits (liquid level permitting)

Regarding spitting: we have overcome this with a baffle design unique to this tank. Try it and see :)
Gurgling and flooding, have also been overcome with our choice of coil, and design tweaks.
STL use: works great with a the 0.5ohm coil and the wide bore drip tip. The kits come standard with the MTL setup, and this is what is most familiar with the vast majority of customers.

Regarding pricing: Without advertising, regulatory advocacy, and sufficient product support, SA wouldn't be as on track to being "smokeless" as it is today.

Kind regards

Philip

Thanks for the info! Some other questions:

1. Does it take 18650 batteries?
2. Are the coil heads rebuildable? If not will there be rebuildable head available?
3. Does it take any other industry standard coils?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply @Philip from Twisp

Have moved this thread to the Twisp subforum since it was in the general threads of the forum and vendors are not allowed to discuss their products directly there.

But your post and participation is very welcome, so moving the thread for you

Kind regards

Philip
thanks philip...kudos for the reply...what is the wattage range on the device (and the regulated part) and why are you basically marketing a 2nd mod as a battery, seems abit strange. would 18650 model not be easier. agn as i have said in my previous post..twisp is the reason i got into bigger mods

Now I understand a lot more. Because Twisp put their name on products they carry much more liability for malfunctions etc. If my Eleaf blows up there is no one that can be held accountable. If my twisp explodes it is a different story, so they have to tread more carefully.

1. Does it take 18650 batteries?
No, its a sealed unit. from the statistics of thermal runaway on lithium cells, having loose batteries around to short on keys/coins etc is the wrong way to go.
2. Are the coil heads rebuildable? If not will there be rebuildable head available?
No, supporting this level of variability is not feasible at any consistent level.
3. Does it take any other industry standard coils?
Yes, you can fit any Cubis type coil, however we have spent lots of time refining the structure around the 0.5 and 0.6 ohm variants. you can also of course fit any 510 tank you want, but the unit will revert to the standard firmware, and not offer the "safe ranges" , but add TC etc

thanks philip...kudos for the reply...what is the wattage range on the device (and the regulated part) and why are you basically marketing a 2nd mod as a battery, seems abit strange. would 18650 model not be easier. agn as i have said in my previous post..twisp is the reason i got into bigger mods
Up to 80 watts. The "mod" is essentially a spare part. ie: you lose your device and don't want to purchase a whole starter pack.

Back