Twisp Vega

Now I understand a lot more. Because Twisp put their name on products they carry much more liability for malfunctions etc. If my Eleaf blows up there is no one that can be held accountable. If my twisp explodes it is a different story, so they have to tread more carefully.
100% accurate. Also this is a very sensitive time for decision makers to decide how to regulate the industry. Self regulation and responsible stewardship enables us to engage.

1. Does it take 18650 batteries?
No, its a sealed unit. from the statistics of thermal runaway on lithium cells, having loose batteries around to short on keys/coins etc is the wrong way to go.
2. Are the coil heads rebuildable? If not will there be rebuildable head available?
No, supporting this level of variability is not feasible at any consistent level.
3. Does it take any other industry standard coils?
Yes, you can fit any Cubis type coil, however we have spent lots of time refining the structure around the 0.5 and 0.6 ohm variants. you can also of course fit any 510 tank you want, but the unit will revert to the standard firmware, and not offer the "safe ranges" , but add TC etc
Hi Philip, is this a modified Cuboid Mini?

Glad to have you here @Philip from Twisp ! Great to see that despite the negativity you are here to assist us! Thanks for the answers and the transparency. I think things are best handled in such a way, and kudos to you for stepping up to the plate here.

upload_2016-9-14_8-48-53.png

The Twisp Vega is a new category in the Twisp range. It offers a host of features for you to enjoy. The Vega offers greater power, increased battery capacity and is the first Twisp device to introduce advanced control electronics. Its Variable Wattage Control makes consistency in performance possible.

The Twisp Vega is suitable for both Mouth Inhale (MI) or Direct Inhale (DI) Twisping (Direct Inhale Kit sold separately).

The Twisp Vega offers a Smart Mode with a wide range of improvements, such as matching power to coil, graphical Twisp Trend Lines and Smart Lock functionality, with a user interface that is intuitive and easy to read.

It contains:

1 x Twisp Vega 80W (2400mAh) Battery

1 x Twisp Vega 3.5ml Smart Tank

1 x Twisp Vega Black Mouthpiece

2 x Twisp Vega 0.6 Ohm Mouth Inhale Atomizer Heads

1 x AC/USB Adapter

1 x USB Cable

1 x User Manual

1 x Quick Start Guide

http://www.twisp.co.za/shop/electronic-cigarette-starter-packs/twisp-vega-black-kit-2400mah/

View attachment 67592

The Twisp Vega is a new category in the Twisp range. It offers a host of features for you to enjoy. The Vega offers greater power, increased battery capacity and is the first Twisp device to introduce advanced control electronics. Its Variable Wattage Control makes consistency in performance possible.

The Twisp Vega is suitable for both Mouth Inhale (MI) or Direct Inhale (DI) Twisping (Direct Inhale Kit sold separately).

The Twisp Vega offers a Smart Mode with a wide range of improvements, such as matching power to coil, graphical Twisp Trend Lines and Smart Lock functionality, with a user interface that is intuitive and easy to read.

It contains:

1 x AC/USB Adapter

1 x USB Cable

1 x User Manual

1 x Quick Start Guide

http://www.twisp.co.za/shop/electronic-cigarette-starter-packs/twisp-vega-black-kit-2400mah/

At this rate twisp will have TC options on there devices by the year 2026:risas3:

At least they trying shame...
I think its a damned amount better than trying. This is a move in the right direction as per the thread I started on the new device.

I think this will move vaping in the right direction with regards to the general public. Their marketing will probably remove the stigma that the public has over vaping. Introduce the masses to mods so that we do not see any more post about bongs while driving, etc.

I like what is happening here, I think we might see some change sooner rather than later in terms of the general perception of vaping. IF only they would market it as VAPING and not "TWISPING" or smoking...

"The Twisp Vega is suitable for both Mouth Inhale (MI) or Direct Inhale (DI) Twisping (Direct Inhale Kit sold separately)."

How you going to sell a separate kit for something that should be included?

View attachment 67592

It contains:

1 x AC/USB Adapter

1 x USB Cable

1 x User Manual

1 x Quick Start Guide

Hi @BrizzyZA (VapeLife)
Have moved your post amd the subsequent posts to this existing thread on this product

Last edited:
I still cant understand the hatred against the company that got most of us of cigarettes. (Please don't give the argument that they are to expensive. If you bought something without doing your research then the joke is on you).

Their new kit is actually very reasonably priced for a cuboid mod and a tank that use cubis coils.

I actually got into vaping through Twisp, I went to their kiosk and saw a special for the Aero and 3 liquids for R999.00 I decided let me get it cause it looks cool, and well I had money to burn at the time. I don't live in an area of the country that provides vape stores close by, so I opted for that as an intro as I had already known quite a bit about vaping from my introduction through a guy on Instagram called BlakeVapes(he is what made me wanna try it).

When I was in Joburg I went to the Vape King in Bellairs and bought a Joyetech Ego AIO, my sister stole it and 2 days later I went back and bought another one. I personally think the Aero is better than the Ego AIO, although its based on the Ego One.

Last weekend I went to the mall for lunch, and I had been looking at ordering from Vape Kings website a new Joyetech box mod or Kangertech Dripbox, just because, for no reason. I saw that the Twisp kiosk has a new device, I checked it out, went for lunch and checked out Vape King and the online stores for comparisons, I looked at Joyetech's website and deduced it must be a rebranded Cuboid Mini with a different tank. I looked for the Cuboid Mini online and saw it costs R800 about on a online South African vape store. I did calculations for batteries and a tank and some coils and figured it would be more than R999.00 that Twisp was asking.

I then went and got it and it has been a real treat for me, I'm really enjoying it. at the launch special price I paid I have no regrets.

P.S. I put the Aero tank on the Vega box and vaped on 73 watts 3 times, it drained the battery by a quarter.

I also found @Philip from Twisp 's comment about not releasing an unsafe product into the market to be quite interesting.

I have often come across people that have asked me about my vapes, and I guide them towards a shop because I'm not prepared to be the one that convinced them to take up the hobby when they end up blowing off their hands. My best friend got on to vaping for a day or two, when he proudly showed me his new Evic I asked him if they had explained the safety aspects of such a device. He was dismissive, but as a semi-qualified electrical engineer he almost shat his pants when he realised that the battery was just a raw cell.

I can see why Twisp have been aprehensive to put these bigger devices into the market. They have spent (and yes, made) a lot of money building up the brand, and don't need it all to come crumbling down by releasing semi-safe devices. When my KBox takes my hand off, I can almost guarantee Kangertech will be hard to get hold of, but Twisp is on my front door, so they will have to face the music so to speak.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few things that bug me...

1. Their products are overly expensive, but welcome to the world of Captilism. If you don't want to pay for it, go find something else.
2. Insisting on using Twisp-only juices, again, they don't want to be held liable for my face-herpes when I put some R10 liquid from the local shebeen in my tank, so still understandable.

I've never owned a Twisp, and never will, because I found this forum before I got there. But I was very close to getting one, and it is only because of their advertising campaigns, and efforts to put themselves into every store and garage that I even considered looking.

Well... After a lengthy post I forgot what my point was supposed to be :think:

Oh I forgot to mention. I used a 0.5 Ohm Joyetech Cubis coil on it and I also used Vape King liquids in it. Good flavour and all that stuff, just not a nice throat kick cause of the low PG.

It actually supports TC, just not with their tank.
The Vega Tank supports TC, but not with the 0.5 or 0.6 ohm coils. Put in a TC coil out of that range and you will have the TC options. We dont expect a rush of card carrying vapers to move to the Vega, its geared to existing MTL customers wanting higher performance, and better battery life in an easy to use platform.. flaming can resume :)

Back