A new low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Profit is good. Without it, we wouldn't be able to buy vape gear. Or food, even. I don't mind the rat race, I just wish there was more cheese.

Not personally, no. Although I'm unclear what the Guptas have to do with anything I've posted.
Same like Im unclear with alot of your posts like you steering away from the point and finding new technicalities to old angles,
And If you knew what happened in ZA government...aka presidential suite you might find the answers there.

I guess what they were doing was right then...making sure they profit.
Then why complain in the first place???
Please stick to the point this time...

I totally agree with you @Resistance. It would seem that certain ppl on this forum keep chopping and changing with the wind. We each have a right to our own opinion yet opinions change here like I change my underwear... Lol twice a day.

What happens in the presidential suite? Do tell, I'm sure we're all keen to know.

What happens in the presidential suite? Do tell, I'm sure we're all keen to know.
You have lots of follwers on your side maybe some of them might enlighten you. I am going to browse through the forum in case someone else needs realtime help.

No.people need me for better things on this forum and im waisting my time here

Maybe you get an answer from someone that agreed with you or liked your posts but as you said. Everybody needs to profit. I dont profit from this debate and I am sure I am more usefull om this forum then arguing here.

Well my guess is as good as anyones but i would hazard a guess that it is allot of confusion followed by simple minded thinking followed by lunch, day over.

Just imagine if big companies were run like this with mismanaged finances/planning/direction/leadership, oh wait we don’t have to cause.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heh, the difference between perception and reality. Try working for a Cabinet Minister. I have, albeit in a freelance consulting capacity. You will not believe the hours these people put in. Just look at how Obama aged in 8 years, that gives you an idea of how much stress they are under. It's not a job I'd take for all the tea in China.

Heh, the difference between perception and reality. Try working for a Cabinet Minister. I have, albeit in a freelance consulting capacity. You will not believe the hours these people put in. Just look at how Obama aged in 8 years, that gives you an idea of how much stress they are under. It's not a job I'd take for all the tea in China.
Now we know why you are biased.still not the issue you started this debate with,hence me moving on to a brighter future somewhere else on the forum where real people need real help with vape related issues as this is a vape forum.everytime you dont have an answer you change the topic and that is still according to me ignorance.give up everything you own for a week and and come back with solid feedback on how the you feel after your experience.I'll bet you'll have a change of heart and mind. Its not to late to make a positive change for hamanity,but take off the blinders first.Go live in the place where people face life everyday and tell me how brilliant your views are. Then you wont have this type of comments.peace out and vape on

Wouldn’t expect anything else for the compensation they get. In that same train of thought wouldn’t it be safe to say that if they work so hard we should have a better run organization leading our country?

I mean a country is just like a company,so take vodacom for eg; they run huge profits with massive expansions and developments but fraud and corruption must be there but its controlled and run effectively
so it does well and continues to grow with great prospects.

I typed out quite a long post but erased it because allot of people take what i say the wrong way.

Wouldn’t expect anything else for the compensation they get. In that same train of thought wouldn’t it be safe to say that if they work so hard we should have a better run organization leading our country?

I mean a country is just like a company,so take vodacom for eg; they run huge profits with massive expansions and developments but fraud and corruption must be there but its controlled and run effectively
so it does well and continues to grow with great prospects.

I typed out quite a long post but erased it because allot of people take what i say the wrong way.

Well said

giphy.gif

In that same train of thought wouldn’t it be safe to say that if they work so hard we should have a better run organization leading our country?

Not necessarily. Working hard is not the same as working effectively. A labourer who digs a 20-foot hole by lunchtime, then fills it in again during the afternoon, is working very hard but not achieving much of a result. So not working very effectively. For any politician, it's debatable whether they are working effectively. But they all work hard in my experience.

This guys has a serious case of jaundice. That or he rubbed his eyes after eating butter popcorn

It might be the diacetyl in the popcorn which has turned his eyes yellow.

{Diacetyl is an organic compound with the chemical formula (CH3CO)2. It is a yellow or green liquid with an intensely buttery flavor)

Not necessarily. Working hard is not the same as working effectively. A labourer who digs a 20-foot hole by lunchtime, then fills it in again during the afternoon, is working very hard but not achieving much of a result. So not working very effectively. For any politician, it's debatable whether they are working effectively. But they all work hard in my experience.

Thank you, because this is coming from your mouth allot of people on this forum will believe what I’m about to say next,

So what you are saying is that since you have “first hand experience” of our politicians working so hard and the state our country is in(poor), we can safely say that they are ineffective at running there divisions and thus the country.

I don't think one can make a blanket statement about the performance of politicians. There are some who are effective at what they do, others less so. That doesn't just apply to Ministers but throughout the Departmental structures. One of my jobs was to compile annual departmental reviews, which entailed interviews with DGs, DDGs and CDs around whether they met their targets or not. Some fell far short of their targets, others exceeded them. Like any huge organisation, it is a mixture of people with differing competency levels.

One of the problems govt has is head-hunting by the private sector. Around the world, the ideal is for govt to have remuneration parity with the private sector, and perhaps even get paid more. As someone in the US once quipped "Government doesn't hire burger-flippers". Govt experts are doing the vitally important job of managing the country, it is fair that they should be paid accordingly. But then the electorate has problems with being taxed to pay people who are earning more than they are in the private sector. So it's a sensitive issue that must be managed accordingly.

Needless to say, the entry requirements for top posts in govt are extremely steep. For a DDG, two degrees is the minimum: a Law degree and then another degree in line with the post. So a Medical degree for NDOH, Commerce for Treasury/SARS, and so on. And then preferably post-grad in at least one of the degrees. There aren't a whole lot of dual-degree grads in the country so several of the departments I worked with have severe staff shortages. They advertise a top post, get 60k applications, and not one of them has the base level requirements. They want someone with Law and Marine Biology degrees and get applicants who have a BA, or an IT certificate they got in a correspondence course, or a diploma in Office Management.

Then when they do get someone who is adequately qualified, the private sector head-hunts them after a year and offers them double the salary. It's an ongoing problem. But it does counter the perception among many that govt employees are lazy and incompetent. If they were, the private sector wouldn't be so keen to hire them.

@Resistance, with all due respect, you argue like SARS's IT head to us mere mortals.
@Andre wish I was there to fix what is wrong.Im the type that don't crumble at the sight of money...meaning I am passionate about what is right and won't let a paycheck decide how to treat people and what I think of them.I will also not look the other way when I see something is wrong just because my bank balance stands firm at the end of month.

@Andre wish I was there to fix what is wrong.Im the type that don't crumble at the sight of money...meaning I am passionate about what is right and won't let a paycheck decide how to treat people and what I think of them.I will also not look the other way when I see something is wrong just because my bank balance stands firm at the end of month.

Bet if you won the euro lotto you would forgot about us while you’re on you’re mega yacht with your model friends surrounding you

Trying to lighten the mood here cause we all family even thou we dont agree on everything.

I don't think one can make a blanket statement about the performance of politicians. There are some who are effective at what they do, others less so. That doesn't just apply to Ministers but throughout the Departmental structures. One of my jobs was to compile annual departmental reviews, which entailed interviews with DGs, DDGs and CDs around whether they met their targets or not. Some fell far short of their targets, others exceeded them. Like any huge organisation, it is a mixture of people with differing competency levels.

One of the problems govt has is head-hunting by the private sector. Around the world, the ideal is for govt to have remuneration parity with the private sector, and perhaps even get paid more. As someone in the US once quipped "Government doesn't hire burger-flippers". Govt experts are doing the vitally important job of managing the country, it is fair that they should be paid accordingly. But then the electorate has problems with being taxed to pay people who are earning more than they are in the private sector. So it's a sensitive issue that must be managed accordingly.

Needless to say, the entry requirements for top posts in govt are extremely steep. For a DDG, two degrees is the minimum: a Law degree and then another degree in line with the post. So a Medical degree for NDOH, Commerce for Treasury/SARS, and so on. And then preferably post-grad in at least one of the degrees. There aren't a whole lot of dual-degree grads in the country so several of the departments I worked with have severe staff shortages. They advertise a top post, get 60k applications, and not one of them has the base level requirements. They want someone with Law and Marine Biology degrees and get applicants who have a BA, or an IT certificate they got in a correspondence course, or a diploma in Office Management.

Then when they do get someone who is adequately qualified, the private sector head-hunts them after a year and offers them double the salary. It's an ongoing problem. But it does counter the perception among many that govt employees are lazy and incompetent. If they were, the private sector wouldn't be so keen to hire them.
I am really glad I live in the real world to be able to see you are either high or you live in a perfect world which only belong in fairy tales.

Bet if you won the euro lotto you would forgot about us while you’re on you’re mega yacht with your model friends surrounding you

Trying to lighten the mood here cause we all family even thou we dont agree on everything.

No,I'm the guy that will buy everyone a yacht so they can all join me without paying it back.
and I still won't have a superiority complex and I still won't think I'm better...
there were people born with golden spoons that thought they could manipulate me before. What they didn't know is I don't have snobs as friends and I don't work for them either.
that's my morals and it didn't cost a cent so I won't sell it or sell out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back