Banting

lol, ok first of all it must be the right stuff. The color should be more red than orange.

The trick in taking it with minimal burn, is to place the teaspoon of CP in an espresso cup. Add just enough water to mix it in, as little as possible is best. Then stir it with the back of the teaspoon, and quickly pour into your mouth.

Don't swallow yet though, fill the espresso cup as above and then swallow. Do this a few times and there is virtually no burning. The mistake some people make is using too much water.
Here is the stuff we got, powdered fire!

10479716_10205702722468845_7037656414189605340_n.jpg

did you notice how I subtly positioned a few of my mods in the pic? :D

Apparently you need the right spoon, make funny noises and pull faces when you do cayenne pepper:

No, looks interesting...let us know how it came out. What is "designated" coconut?
Now I know too :rolleyes:

Desiccated coconut basically means that the coconut meat has been dried and that it now contains much less moisture than the initial fruit. Shredded coconut: Made up of thin strands of coconut, shredded coconut looks a little like grated cheddar cheese. It's usually available both sweetened and unsweetened.

Now I know too :rolleyes:

Desiccated coconut basically means that the coconut meat has been dried and that it now contains much less moisture than the initial fruit. Shredded coconut: Made up of thin strands of coconut, shredded coconut looks a little like grated cheddar cheese. It's usually available both sweetened and unsweetened.
Lol, thanks, I know "desiccated" coconut, the "designated" coconut threw me, but seems like a typo then.

Well cocoa is one of the healthiest things you can have, so it must be good.

Howzit guys. Ok so it's day 4 for me now. Going quite good. Really happy came across this thread!

Yes it is indeed! Busy googling low carb choc muffins, pizza bases and bread. It's killing me watching everyone else eat it. Plus the wife made choc muffins over the weekend with that ready mix! So now I'm eager to find low carb recipes.

Yes it is indeed! Busy googling low carb choc muffins, pizza bases and bread. It's killing me watching everyone else eat it. Plus the wife made choc muffins over the weekend with that ready mix! So now I'm eager to find low carb recipes.
Oh no!!
Luckily we are all in it :D

Welcome to a new life :cool:

I apologise for the wall of text but there's no other way of getting across a vast amount of relevant info.

I usually refrain from posting in threads about exercise and/or nutrition as there are so many aspects to losing/gaining weight. Saw some posts when scrolling through the thread about some missing their starches and just thought I'd share the work of some great people and maybe some would find it useful/interesting.

Yes this is controversial because when some random dude posts on a forum, why should a person believe him over the professor that released a book, etc. I will most definitely link the studies and resources of the people that do some great work in the field.:-D

Lots of diets in the mainstream do work but not entirely for the reasons advertised.
Recently a friend started a keto diet and asked me what I think of it as he lost some weight and was excited about his progress.
I didn't mean to take away from his excitement/progress at all but the progress isn't due to your body releasing more ketones which burn fat for fuel, as it's found in studies that a non-keto diet can also be equally if not more effective.

The bottom line is calories in vs calories out. Even for people with high insulin resistance.
Carbs is not the evil. Calorie surplus is.
Carbs doesn't directly cause a person to store fat. The lack of carbs also won't guarantee fat loss, not if you don't create a calorie deficit.
I heard of Tim Noakes book on the keto diet. The reason why the diet works is not because of not eating carbs but cutting 100-150g (400-600kcal) carbs out of a diet AND limiting portions of the rest will certainly create a calorie deficit.
Eating enough protein and fat will still at some point create a calorie surplus which will cause storage into fat stores.

Great article by a nutrition guru Alan Aragon.
http://www.alanaragon.com/carbs-fat-friends-after-all.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234
A relatively recent trial examined the effects of 3 diets consisting of roughly 1400 kcals each for 8 weeks, followed by 4 weeks of maintenance [3]. The diets had the following macronutrient proportions: a) very low fat (70% carb, 10% fat, 20% protein), b) high unsaturated fat (50% carb, 30% fat, 20% protein), and c) very low carb (4% carb, 61% fat, 35% protein). Since none of the groups were told to separate their fat and carb intake, the high unsaturated fat group should have lost the least amount of fat because of all that dreadful mixing, right? On the contrary, no significant differences were seen in total weight loss, or loss of bodyfat percent. And here’s the kicker: this lack of difference in bodyfat reduction was seen despite the distinctly different effects each diet had on fasting insulin levels.

No matter the carb intake, as long as calories in was less than calories out, the body resorts to other means such as gluconeogenesis to use other sources like fat and protein to produce glycogen.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16685046
Another recent trial compared two 1500 calorie diets, a non-ketogenic diet and a ketogenic one [4]. Insulin sensitivity was equally improved between the groups. No inhibition of fat loss was seen in the non-ketogenic diet despite the fact that it was moderate in both fat (30%) and carbs (40%). In fact, the non-keto group lost more bodyweight and bodyfat than the keto group, although neither of these effects was statistically significant. It appears that any threat of fat/carb combining slowing fat loss is imagination-based.

Insulin obviously pops up.
Just as some people's bodies raises their insulin too much when eating a certain food, it doesn't stay elevated, and when it drops.
Insulin is not directly the cause of weight gain. Insulin problems make people lethargic, more tired and lazy and also makes them feel hungry more often. Recipe for weight gain. Wanting to eat more and move less. Calories in go up, and calories out go down.
Lipolysis-Lipogenesis1.png

People with insulin resistance really have to focus on making calories count with high satiation food that keeps you fuller for longer. They can't afford wasting calories on some sweets or things. It didn't fill them up and brought them a small meal's worth of calories closer to their daily limit.
Green vegetables are great choices as they have very low calories per gram and makes you feel full quite quickly.

One of the most interesting aspects of low carb diets, if people are exercising, is maybe that they like filling themselves up with whey protein shakes?
Interestingly enough, whey protein can spike your insulin more than white bread :)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22647249
You don't hear people saying they're gonna avoid their protein

GI value is also nothing to base a diet on.
http://alanaragon.com/glycemic-index
Some people will benefit from specific diets because of allergies, other medical reasons, etc. so no diet is a "BAD" diet. If it works, it works.
Some people do feel better when cutting certain foods like red meat, gluten, refined sugar, milk products, or eating less carbs, less fat, etc, etc.

The mainstream diet and fitness industry makes it's money from the fact that very few people dig deeper into nutrition and the vast majority will only ever hear what's being said by people around us or someone trying to sell a product/service. I'm definitely not calling anyone a con artist or a bad person, just that what most know about nutrition and what still spreads to this day comes from so many years ago even though so many new and great things have been discovered.

Essentially, purely in terms of body composition, a calorie is a calorie. In terms of health, it definitely is not.
In a side note, without weight training exercise a person will lose muscle tissue along with fat, eventually getting "skinny fat". Looking slim but having the flabbiness. Been there:blush:
Because bodyfat percentage is just that, a percentage, losing muscle along with bodyfat will make the muscle to fat ratio drop slower;)
Some heavy weight training and cardio will help keep muscle tissue, burn fat and the bodyfat percentage will drop faster.

If a person knows about counting calories, macros, healthy vs unhealthy food sources, etc. then you can easily create your own diet and never have to swear off your favourite foods.
I use a free app called MyFitnessPal to track calories. Scan a barcode, weigh the portion and done.
If you're not comfortable with figuring out a balanced/healthy diet a you go then by all means follow preplanned diets. I just wanted to share some info that saved me from going insane trying to eat foods from these diets that I either hate, depriving myself of so many foods or just doesn't fit into my lifestyle to prepare those foods.

I apologise for the wall of text but there's no other way of getting across a vast amount of relevant info.

I usually refrain from posting in threads about exercise and/or nutrition as there are so many aspects to losing/gaining weight. Saw some posts when scrolling through the thread about some missing their starches and just thought I'd share the work of some great people and maybe some would find it useful/interesting.

Yes this is controversial because when some random dude posts on a forum, why should a person believe him over the professor that released a book, etc. I will most definitely link the studies and resources of the people that do some great work in the field.:-D

Lots of diets in the mainstream do work but not entirely for the reasons advertised.
Recently a friend started a keto diet and asked me what I think of it as he lost some weight and was excited about his progress.
I didn't mean to take away from his excitement/progress at all but the progress isn't due to your body releasing more ketones which burn fat for fuel, as it's found in studies that a non-keto diet can also be equally if not more effective.

The bottom line is calories in vs calories out. Even for people with high insulin resistance.
Carbs is not the evil. Calorie surplus is.
Carbs doesn't directly cause a person to store fat. The lack of carbs also won't guarantee fat loss, not if you don't create a calorie deficit.
I heard of Tim Noakes book on the keto diet. The reason why the diet works is not because of not eating carbs but cutting 100-150g (400-600kcal) carbs out of a diet AND limiting portions of the rest will certainly create a calorie deficit.
Eating enough protein and fat will still at some point create a calorie surplus which will cause storage into fat stores.

Great article by a nutrition guru Alan Aragon.
http://www.alanaragon.com/carbs-fat-friends-after-all.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234

No matter the carb intake, as long as calories in was less than calories out, the body resorts to other means such as gluconeogenesis to use other sources like fat and protein to produce glycogen.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16685046

Insulin obviously pops up.
Just as some people's bodies raises their insulin too much when eating a certain food, it doesn't stay elevated, and when it drops.
Insulin is not directly the cause of weight gain. Insulin problems make people lethargic, more tired and lazy and also makes them feel hungry more often. Recipe for weight gain. Wanting to eat more and move less. Calories in go up, and calories out go down.
View attachment 19630

People with insulin resistance really have to focus on making calories count with high satiation food that keeps you fuller for longer. They can't afford wasting calories on some sweets or things. It didn't fill them up and brought them a small meal's worth of calories closer to their daily limit.
Green vegetables are great choices as they have very low calories per gram and makes you feel full quite quickly.

One of the most interesting aspects of low carb diets, if people are exercising, is maybe that they like filling themselves up with whey protein shakes?
Interestingly enough, whey protein can spike your insulin more than white bread :)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22647249
You don't hear people saying they're gonna avoid their protein

GI value is also nothing to base a diet on.
http://alanaragon.com/glycemic-index
Some people will benefit from specific diets because of allergies, other medical reasons, etc. so no diet is a "BAD" diet. If it works, it works.
Some people do feel better when cutting certain foods like red meat, gluten, refined sugar, milk products, or eating less carbs, less fat, etc, etc.

The mainstream diet and fitness industry makes it's money from the fact that very few people dig deeper into nutrition and the vast majority will only ever hear what's being said by people around us or someone trying to sell a product/service. I'm definitely not calling anyone a con artist or a bad person, just that what most know about nutrition and what still spreads to this day comes from so many years ago even though so many new and great things have been discovered.

Essentially, purely in terms of body composition, a calorie is a calorie. In terms of health, it definitely is not.
In a side note, without weight training exercise a person will lose muscle tissue along with fat, eventually getting "skinny fat". Looking slim but having the flabbiness. Been there:blush:
Because bodyfat percentage is just that, a percentage, losing muscle along with bodyfat will make the muscle to fat ratio drop slower;)
Some heavy weight training and cardio will help keep muscle tissue, burn fat and the bodyfat percentage will drop faster.

If a person knows about counting calories, macros, healthy vs unhealthy food sources, etc. then you can easily create your own diet and never have to swear off your favourite foods.
I use a free app called MyFitnessPal to track calories. Scan a barcode, weigh the portion and done.
If you're not comfortable with figuring out a balanced/healthy diet a you go then by all means follow preplanned diets. I just wanted to share some info that saved me from going insane trying to eat foods from these diets that I either hate, depriving myself of so many foods or just doesn't fit into my lifestyle to prepare those foods.
I am no expert so cannot comment other than to say the Tim Noakes plan has worked for us and ask that you consider reading his book.

I agree with the calories part and the flabby fat. Loosing weight does entail calories out.. but I think this diet is a healthier way of lifestyle as well, and the plus is loosing weight as well. I will see after a month how much weight I lost. I'm definitely going to incorporate exercise as part of weight lose and healthy lifestyle..

I am no expert so cannot comment other than to say the Tim Noakes plan has worked for us and ask that you consider reading his book.
Really not trying to take away from anyone's success or convince anyone from changing what works for them:)
Just saying, carbs and insulin spiking aren't the evils that it's made out to be and in those linked studies, no matter what the carb intake was, all subjects lost bodyfat and bodyweight. If it boiled down to insulin spiking then we should even avoided some protein sources.
Protein increases satiety in meals so a person fills up and stays full for longer. Usually the carbs most people eat aren't high satiety sources so we get hungry more often and end up overeating. A person can still create a caloric surplus with fat and protein

Just wanted share this cause one reason why so many give up trying to follow a diet is because it just doesn't fit into their lifestyles, routines or schedules.:) It's knowing what your options are that can help find a solution that works and most importantly, is sustainable:nod:

I would go this far and say that Sugar is worse than cocaine. The biggest evil in our existence. People can stop, with a lot of effort, using cocaine, but sugar is much harder.

Have you watched " cereal killers, don't fear fat"?
We watched it last night, explains a lot and worth watching
We found it on kickass to download.

So as you know, it was @BumbleBee 's birthday yesterday.
I sent mom-in-law the green list because she wanted to make him dinner.
WOW!!! 5 stars for the effort :rock:
We ate so well that we only got a picture of the main meal:D

10885001_10205693527838532_160456275_n.jpg

We are going to live on fat bombs from now on :D
They are delicious:rock:

They are stuck in the ice tray but I got these few out hehehehe:-D
10941728_10205693877447272_918791148_n.jpg

Morning All. Quick question... I know this might be a little personal, but does banting make you constipated? :blush:

I wanted to know what I could eat to assist with this? Something high in fiber that does not contain to much carbs? What is permissible should I ask..

Thanks All

Back