Builds for Coil Master Medal

Build compressed then pull them apart, then compress them back. Repeat as needed. As soon as they have the shape you want twmper them with a little blowtorch to help them stay in shape as you install them. IMO.

Are you saying doing a parallel build with two strands of wire and then "untangling" them?

Are you saying doing a parallel build with two strands of wire and then "untangling" them?
OK let me elaborate:

Twist your wraps for your coil around your jig or screwdriver keeping wraps compressed together. Once you hit your target use your finger nails to gently pull wraps apart one by one from the centre out OR grab the furthest wraps and pull outwards (not tails or you will lose wraps). To even out spacing push your wraps back together they will spring back to a spaced configuration but neaten up a touch. Once happy give them a torch. But no I meant one wire at a time... Your idea sounds GREAT! Doing a paracoil and pulling the one out... that will work.

OK let me elaborate:

Twist your wraps for your coil around your jig or screwdriver keeping wraps compressed together. Once you hit your target use your finger nails to gently pull wraps apart one by one from the centre out OR grab the furthest wraps and pull outwards (not tails or you will lose wraps). To even out spacing push your wraps back together they will spring back to a spaced configuration but neaten up a touch. Once happy give them a torch. But no I meant one wire at a time... Your idea sounds GREAT! Doing a paracoil and pulling the one out... that will work.

I'll give it a shot thank you. I want to try spaced coils on the Noisy Cricket / Lish combo.

Only works on 28g or smaller but get suitably sized bolt and wraps around the threads. Perfect spaced every time. I suppose you could find a coarser thread bolt for lower gauge wire but I have not managed to find any.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 102
Got bored today and my theorem had to face the consequences

24g SS304
3mm
5 wraps
.25 ohms per coil
.13 ohms final

Nice clouds but the flavor is not as good as the std notch coil.

9fb5c023429b13d0791e98f65a01e040.jpg
de74bea6943958f72b395d13347ccfc3.jpg
653e91dbf308b6cf6af9d7b9f7f80b55.jpg
787e9c17c3897ca2f8bd62996572d1b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an easy but very effective little build I did on the Wotofo Lush for the Noisy Cricket. I intended it to be in the region of 0.6 - 0.7 ohms.

For this build I used 26g UD Kanthal, around a 2.5 mm bit and did 11 wraps.

aa56ba28e0b71f306c4b0f7c3390fef6.jpg

8b9ccbb47d45237ee26853ea64263269.jpg

Before dry firing the coils, they came out at 0.54ohms, which was a little lower than I intended but I decided to go with it anyway since it would draw between 14.5 and 15.5 Amp on the married pair of Sony VTC5s I use in the cricket. That left me with plenty of headroom.
894d359a4f99c916a808d4272a108bf7.jpg

I then dry fired the coils on the RX200, first at low power (25watts) and worked out the couple of hotspots. I increased the power a bit to 45 watts and got both the coils to fire from the inside out.

Then went on to the wicking. This time I decided to use organic Japanese cotton pads. I wicked the 2 strips and cut the ends.

f9ba7199712a777362bc2049e879e88d.jpg

I then combed the ends out a little to fluff it up.

579877a3b3cfeea8e2df629d5cb5b175.jpg

I then juiced it up and decided to test it once more. It came out on 0.58ohm.

83504d8bda8c5cb51ccc20ee28623342.jpg

Then it was on to the Cricket and OOH BOY... Angry little boy!

I run it with airflow open all the way and with vents lining up with the coils on each side. I use the wide bore drip tip.

The vapour production is dense and thick and as always in the Lush, flavour is real good. Would have been better with Rayon but I found Rayon to wick a little slower than organic cotton. When I rewick, I'll try Rayon and see what it's like.

c0a29a59db81d1e3b615fad10465d6c2.jpg

afe561c716f33ce2ca2d47162334a4b3.jpg

I'll update the post once I did the Rayon.

This is an easy but very effective little build I did on the Wotofo Lush for the Noisy Cricket. I intended it to be in the region of 0.6 - 0.7 ohms.

For this build I used 26g UD Kanthal, around a 2.5 mm bit and did 11 wraps.

aa56ba28e0b71f306c4b0f7c3390fef6.jpg

8b9ccbb47d45237ee26853ea64263269.jpg

Before dry firing the coils, they came out at 0.54ohms, which was a little lower than I intended but I decided to go with it anyway since it would draw between 14.5 and 15.5 Amp on the married pair of Sony VTC5s I use in the cricket. That left me with plenty of headroom.
894d359a4f99c916a808d4272a108bf7.jpg

I then dry fired the coils on the RX200, first at low power (25watts) and worked out the couple of hotspots. I increased the power a bit to 45 watts and got both the coils to fire from the inside out.

Then went on to the wicking. This time I decided to use organic Japanese cotton pads. I wicked the 2 strips and cut the ends.

f9ba7199712a777362bc2049e879e88d.jpg

I then combed the ends out a little to fluff it up.

579877a3b3cfeea8e2df629d5cb5b175.jpg

I then juiced it up and decided to test it once more. It came out on 0.58ohm.

83504d8bda8c5cb51ccc20ee28623342.jpg

Then it was on to the Cricket and OOH BOY... Angry little boy!

I run it with airflow open all the way and with vents lining up with the coils on each side. I use the wide bore drip tip.

The vapour production is dense and thick and as always in the Lush, flavour is real good. Would have been better with Rayon but I found Rayon to wick a little slower than organic cotton. When I rewick, I'll try Rayon and see what it's like.

c0a29a59db81d1e3b615fad10465d6c2.jpg

afe561c716f33ce2ca2d47162334a4b3.jpg

I'll update the post once I did the Rayon.

Perfect :clap::clap::clap:

Quad Claptons at 3.5mm ID 8 wraps .3 ohm in the Goon.

The build deck just BEGS for something excessive lol.

At 120 watts the flavour blows me away. Chain vaping it is a bad idea it gets HOT. But damn, what a nice vape! Wicked it with ELP Cowboys Apple Pie and my oh my I think this build and the bottle are married.
View attachment 54357
View attachment 54355 View attachment 54356

Looks great! May I ask where did you get you Esige Effiel mod from? I saw one and fell in love with it immediately. That and the wireless fast charging!

IMG_0503-3.JPG IMG_0512.JPG

2. Built myself
3. Half staggered fused clapton (built myself).
4. 26g kanthal (both inner strands of the coil). 34g nichrome 80 for the wrapping of the strands. 0.28 ohms on the evic mini. 4 wraps and I still have no idea what my ID is but it was on that one screwdiver that is just right :)

The vape is a good one, ramp up time is quick and flavour is awesome. So far I like it more than a standard fused clapton (time will tell).
All in all a fun build with great results.

Edit: just uploaded better photo's but still the same build

Last edited:
View attachment 54587 View attachment 54588

2. Built myself
3. Half staggered fused clapton (built myself).
4. 26g kanthal (both inner strands of the coil). 34g nichrome 80 for the wrapping of the strands. 0.28 ohms on the evic mini. 4 wraps and I still have no idea what my ID is but it was on that one screwdiver that is just right :)

The vape is a good one, ramp up time is quick and flavour is awesome. So far I like it more than a standard fused clapton (time will tell).
All in all a fun build with great results.
Second great post and second great build. Just no ways I will be able to construct that intricate a wire. Well done, Sir :clap::clap::clap:

This is a slentre vertebraid build:
2x 28ga KA1 cores in a 5loop 32ga KA1 - all Youde wire from Vapers Cornerimage.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

8 wraps on a 3mn bit = 0.4Ω

in a Phenotype clone on the noisy cricket.

I ❤️ braided builds: the flavour is so good, with many ppl trying juice that they know and tasting it for the first time! and coils this big obviously produce clouds bro!

wicked up with Cotton Bacon!

This is a slentre vertebraid build:
2x 28ga KA1 cores in a 5loop 32ga KA1 - all Youde wire from Vapers CornerView attachment 54597 View attachment 54598 View attachment 54599 View attachment 54600

8 wraps on a 3mn bit = 0.4Ω

in a Phenotype clone on the noisy cricket.

I ❤️ braided builds: the flavour is so good, with many ppl trying juice that they know and tasting it for the first time! and coils this big obviously produce clouds bro!

wicked up with Cotton Bacon!
Wow, breathtaking. How long did it take you to braid that wire?

IMG_0332.JPG IMG_0338.JPG
2. Built Myself
3. Staggered fused clapton (built myself).
4. 26g kanthal inner strands. 34g nichrome 80 outer wraps. 5 wraps and 0.31 ohms on evic mini. Id: screwdriver (will one day find out what my ID actually is).

Again a great vape. If you like a warm vape with good flavour, you should give this coil a go. Ramp up time is a little slower than the half staggered fused clapton but nothing too serious, still pretty quick for claptons (from what I can tell). Patience is definitely key when building this, but worth it when done (will try get the next one a little neater :)).

View attachment 54878 View attachment 54879
2. Built Myself
3. Staggered fused clapton (built myself).
4. 26g kanthal inner strands. 34g nichrome 80 outer wraps. 5 wraps and 0.31 ohms on evic mini. Id: screwdriver (will one day find out what my ID actually is).

Again a great vape. If you like a warm vape with good flavour, you should give this coil a go. Ramp up time is a little slower than the half staggered fused clapton but nothing too serious, still pretty quick for claptons (from what I can tell). Patience is definitely key when building this, but worth it when done (will try get the next one a little neater :)).
Stunning work. And 3rd perfect post. Third time lucky I am sure.

This seems to be the easiest place to aak this, but mods, please move if this not the right place to ask this.

I wondering what the best way is to build neatly spaced coils. I have OCD and spacing needs to be perfect for a coil to stay on a deck, so how do I achieve this?

i use a different method for my spaced coils.

i wrap huge spaces between each turn, then once finished i push them down onto the end of the screwdriver and they space each other evenly.

will post some pics later

Okay here goes my 1st attempt at something different - braiding :D

This is a 4 strand Chainlink Braid made with pre-twisted 34g Kanthal and 34 Flat Ribbon. As an after thought next time I'll just hand twist 2 strands of 34g Kantha - the flat ribbon just made the braiding more difficult.
1.jpg

4 wraps spaced came out at .4ohms - at 40W the ramp up time was quick.
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
All loaded up with Gush :inlove:

I wish I could say the vape is better than the stock Notch coil but it wasn't :( Sadly I kept tasting cotton - that taste you get just before a dry hit. But I used FibreFreaks cotton and not Bacon Cotton. I suspect this is why I get a cotton taste. I swear I'm never buying another brand of cotton besides Bacon Cotton again ever!
I think I went wrong by not torching the wire enough so the braid was still a bit springy and didn't hold shape when compressed. Ended up having to make it a spaced coil because of the springyness.

All lessons learnt for next time tho :D

Great post @Greyz
Informative and interesting to hear the commentary on how the coil/wick vaped
Adds value, thanks

Already got a medal, but thought I'd join the fun. 3mm ID, 24 awg and 26/32 clapton. All kanthal. Clapton wire is UD. Unfortunately the Vertex Jr top cap didn't fit though and my other atties postholes are too small. Did a simal coil with 26 awg in a Derringer. Single coil, 3mm ID, coming to 0.56 ohm. Vaping at 55W on an RX200s and loving the DDD. First time I've tried it.

IMG-20160521-WA0002.jpg

Someone else likes it too :D

20160520_193551.jpg 20160520_193523.jpg

Okay here goes my 1st attempt at something different - braiding :D

This is a 4 strand Chainlink Braid made with pre-twisted 34g Kanthal and 34 Flat Ribbon. As an after thought next time I'll just hand twist 2 strands of 34g Kantha - the flat ribbon just made the braiding more difficult.
View attachment 54981

4 wraps spaced came out at .4ohms - at 40W the ramp up time was quick.
View attachment 54982
View attachment 54983
View attachment 54984
All loaded up with Gush :inlove:

I wish I could say the vape is better than the stock Notch coil but it wasn't :( Sadly I kept tasting cotton - that taste you get just before a dry hit. But I used FibreFreaks cotton and not Bacon Cotton. I suspect this is why I get a cotton taste. I swear I'm never buying another brand of cotton besides Bacon Cotton again ever!
I think I went wrong by not torching the wire enough so the braid was still a bit springy and didn't hold shape when compressed. Ended up having to make it a spaced coil because of the springyness.

All lessons learnt for next time tho :D
Mate, that is way above my coil building capabilities at the moment, well done. Do not understand why someone would take the time to respond with a dislike to your post.

Mate, that is way above my coil building capabilities at the moment, well done. Do not understand why someone would take the time to respond with a dislike to your post.
Someone disliked the post? Luckily on Tapatalk I don't see dislikes. Then again come to think about it there's no like button anymore either.
But anyway I don't sweat it if someone dislikes my post because of what I said, then that's their opinion. I came here to share my experiences with like minded vapers not garner popularity...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Someone disliked the post? Luckily on Tapatalk I don't see dislikes. Then again come to think about it there's no like button anymore either.
But anyway I don't sweat it if someone dislikes my post because of what I said, then that's their opinion. I came here to share my experiences with like minded vapers not garner popularity...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Probably a finger slip, it happens occasionally

Back