Builds for Coil Master Medal

So here I go again, this time playing around with my UD Kanthal 26ga wire, as that is the only wire I have at this stage, lol. Again it is a simple build but with a bit of a twist.

Getting the wire ready:
01.jpeg

I wrapped the Kanthal A1 26ga wire around a 0.7mm diameter wire, and pulled it off the 0.7mm wire, unfortunately the photo of the winding process got deleted by accident.
02.jpeg

I then stretched it out a bit and hammered it flat, again this pic got lost somewhere.
03.jpeg

Coiled it up on my 3mm coiling Jig, it didn't came out quite as I wanted it to, but it works, lol.
04.jpeg

Coming in at 0.55 Ohms before wicking on dual coil build on my new Griffin 25.
05.jpeg
Dry burning it a bit:
06.jpeg

Wicked (Sorry the quality is bad, very blurred, but was the best between the couple photos I took):
07.jpeg

Juiced up and ready to Rumble:
08.jpeg

09.jpeg

Using UD Kanthal A1 26ga wire, with 7 wraps, 3mm ID, Dual Coil coming in at 0.55 Ohms.

So here I go again, this time playing around with my UD Kanthal 26ga wire, as that is the only wire I have at this stage, lol. Again it is a simple build but with a bit of a twist.

Getting the wire ready:
View attachment 57066

I wrapped the Kanthal A1 26ga wire around a 0.7mm diameter wire, and pulled it off the 0.7mm wire, unfortunately the photo of the winding process got deleted by accident.
View attachment 57067

I then stretched it out a bit and hammered it flat, again this pic got lost somewhere.
View attachment 57068

Coiled it up on my 3mm coiling Jig, it didn't came out quite as I wanted it to, but it works, lol.
View attachment 57069

Coming in at 0.55 Ohms before wicking on dual coil build on my new Griffin 25.
View attachment 57070
Dry burning it a bit:
View attachment 57071

Wicked (Sorry the quality is bad, very blurred, but was the best between the couple photos I took):
View attachment 57072

Juiced up and ready to Rumble:
View attachment 57073

View attachment 57074

Using UD Kanthal A1 26ga wire, with 7 wraps, 3mm ID, Dual Coil coming in at 0.55 Ohms.
Nice work. How does it vape?

Last edited:
My second attempt on this build, this time on my Serpent Mini:

Using the left over wire I made this time coiling it up on my UD Coiling jig on 2.5mm ID. think this came out better than my first attempt on my Griffin 25:
11.jpeg

12.jpeg

Coming in at 0.77 Ohms:
13.jpeg

With a bit if Dry Fire:
14.jpeg

All wicked and juiced, ready to blow dem coulds, lol:
15.jpeg
Using UD Kanthal A1 26ga wire, with 5 wraps, 2.5mm ID, coming in at 0.77 Ohms.

My second attempt on this build, this time on my Serpent Mini:

Using the left over wire I made this time coiling it up on my UD Coiling jig on 2.5mm ID. think this came out better than my first attempt on my Griffin 25:
View attachment 57075

View attachment 57076

Coming in at 0.77 Ohms:
View attachment 57077

With a bit if Dry Fire:
View attachment 57078

All wicked and juiced, ready to blow dem coulds, lol:
View attachment 57079
Using UD Kanthal A1 26ga wire, with 5 wraps, 2.5mm ID, coming in at 0.77 Ohms.
Great work. Love the symmetry.

Hey guys. Been a while...

Nice pics of quad coil build without wicking (didn't crimp them too much, wanted the space in between):
IMG_5231.JPG

IMG_5230.JPG

All wicked up:

IMG_5239.JPG
Very nice ramp up:

IMG_5232.JPG IMG_5233.JPG
I confirm, these are my own.

UD 26AWG SS 316L
15 wraps
2mm ID
Comes in @ 0.18ohm
In the Velocity Mini, stunning vape. Nice and hot, chucks cloud and stunning flavour!! To all the naysayers that reckon the Velocity is a cloud chasing atty, try this build, the flavour is up there with the best! Stainless Steel is just awesome, love the "clean" taste you get off it.

Adios :hsughwiggle:

Hey guys. Been a while...

Nice pics of quad coil build without wicking (didn't crimp them too much, wanted the space in between):
View attachment 57221

View attachment 57220

All wicked up:

View attachment 57222
Very nice ramp up:

View attachment 57224 View attachment 57223
I confirm, these are my own.

UD 26AWG SS 316L
15 wraps
2mm ID
Comes in @ 0.18ohm
In the Velocity Mini, stunning vape. Nice and hot, chucks cloud and stunning flavour!! To all the naysayers that reckon the Velocity is a cloud chasing atty, try this build, the flavour is up there with the best! Stainless Steel is just awesome, love the "clean" taste you get off it.

Adios :hsughwiggle:
Wow, that is at least a hectare of prime real estate! I would need more than 10 fingers.

IMG_3108.JPG IMG_3134.JPG
Built and wrapped myself
Staple Staggered Fused Clapton
2 strands 28g kanthal, 4 strands 0.5/0.1 ribbon kanthal and claptoned with 36g Ni80. 5 wraps came to 0.24 ohms. Scottish roll wicking with Japanese cotton (all my builds are wicked like this)
My coil wrapping wasn't very neat so will post another build of this with better pictures when I do it again.

So I think we have another winner here, this actually ties with the Alien wire as my favourite build. Nice vapour production with really good flavour (not too hot but nice and warm), can almost describe it as a really smooth vape, going great with Paulies Coffee Cake.

So the secret to wrapping this is in the prep work, make sure all the wires are straight and hand wrap the ends together with short pieces (5-10cm) of the 36g Ni80 before loading the wire into the drill and swivels. I definitely recommend buying some ball bearing fishing swivels, initially struggled with them but when you get the hang of it, claptoning wires becomes a lot easier. If you can make a staggered fused clapton, you will get this build super quickly.

Overall another fun build and great vape :)

Last edited:
View attachment 57245 View attachment 57246
Built and wrapped myself
2 strands 28g kanthal, 4 strands 0.5/0.1 ribbon kanthal and claptoned with 36g Ni80. 5 wraps came to 0.24 ohms. Scottish roll wicking with Japanese cotton (all my builds are wicked like this)
My coil wrapping wasn't very neat so will post another build of this with better pictures when I do it again.

So I think we have another winner here, this actually ties with the Alien wire as my favourite build. Nice vapour production with really good flavour (not too hot but nice and warm), can almost describe it as a really smooth vape, going great with Paulies Coffee Cake.

So the secret to wrapping this is in the prep work, making sure all the wires are straight and hand wrapping the ends together with the 36g Ni80 before loading the wire into the drill and swivels. I definitely recommend buying some ball bearing fishing swivels, initially struggled with them but when you get the hang of it, claptoning wires becomes a lot easier. If you can make a staggered fused clapton, you will get this build super quickly.

This is beautiful bud. Where do you get time for this???????

I have about a 25 minute window at night before my wife, 4year old and bull terrier drive me mad to play with them... Obviously on very different levels and not at the same time...

This is beautiful bud. Where do you get time for this???????

I have about a 25 minute window at night before my wife, 4year old and bull terrier drive me mad to play with them... Obviously on very different levels and not at the same time...

Thanks @theyettie, if I'm not working or studying then usually have some time to mess around and try a new build (have no wife, dog, or kid duties at this stage) :)

Last edited:
View attachment 57245 View attachment 57246
Built and wrapped myself

So the secret to wrapping this is in the prep work, making sure all the wires are straight and hand wrapping the ends together with the 36g Ni80 before loading the wire into the drill and swivels. I definitely recommend buying some ball bearing fishing swivels, initially struggled with them but when you get the hang of it, claptoning wires becomes a lot easier. If you can make a staggered fused clapton, you will get this build super quickly.

Hey bud, easy way to keep your wires together is to use a piece of shrink wrap around the ends... snip a small piece, slip it over and give it a quick torch with the lighter and you're golden

Below is a picture of my coil(s) as installed without wicking.
20160610_145105_resized.jpg

20160610_145115_resized.jpg

Below is a picture of my build as wicked.

20160610_150617_resized.jpg

20160610_150901_resized.jpg

20160610_145523_resized.jpg

20160610_145535_resized.jpg

20160610_151431_resized.jpg

Twisted this wire myself. Not precoiled. I Twisted 2 Kanthal A1 26G wires together and Coiled it together with Clapton Wire III 32G. Did 5 wraps on 3mm comes out to 0.14 Ohm and wow what a treat. Making mad clouds and getting the best flavor I have ever tasted from my DIY juices

Attachments

• 20160610_151112_resized.jpg
    20160610_151112_resized.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 20160610_141411_resized.jpg
    20160610_141411_resized.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 78
Finally got around to making some clapton wire. 24gauge kanthal claptoned with 28gauge kanthal:

FullSizeRender 1.jpg

Ramping 'em up...

FullSizeRender2.jpg

Wicking 'em up...

FullSizeRender.jpg

So everything done myself
5 full wraps with a 3mm ID
Comes in @ 0.27ohm
Firing @ 95W
Obviously with those gauges it's a lot thicker than your normal clapton, but basically all the drippers nowadays have HUGE post holes, so it ain't a problem...
Warm vape, dense cloud and great flavour!! (Once again I say, you can get stunning flavour on the Velocity with a flavour oriented build)

All coils made by me ... Nothing pre-made including the Clapton wire used ...

3 x 26awg Kanthal twisted reading at 0.19ohm

fbac4032aa7d90187141e38770e12e4e.jpg

Staged heating Clapton with 24awg twisted pair Kanthal. Parallel wrap, single coil at 0.2ohm.

Video below images

0952b6447ab2356a9c2c087fda40c27c.jpg

bc6ed2d6ad0fabd583717b45562dbec2.jpg

This one is a bit of a bad quality shot. It's called a Zipper Coil. Flavour was amazing!

6ad959cf006e8e731521117285dbb37e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just having a fun time building a Cloud Coil

Twisted messes rda
Kanthal A1 26g
0.23ohm
Dual 6 wrap - Parrallet

Next build will be Stainless steel 7dual wraps

Attachments

• 20160613_204824.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
5 loops of 34ga TMN80 Reverse Slentre over 2 x 28ga KA1 cores

3mm ID Dual coils of 4 wraps each on the Twisted Messes RDA

Wicked with Cotton Bacon

Vapes is great! But I need a device with more power (parallel mech is not enough) to get the performance. This wire is very wide and so I couldn't get enough wraps in to use it on my Noisy Cricket :( I will revisit this wire with smaller cores.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 76

Wicked with Cotton Bacon

Vapes is great! But I need a device with more power (parallel mech is not enough) to get the performance. This wire is very wide and so I couldn't get enough wraps in to use it on my Noisy Cricket :( I will revisit this wire with smaller cores.

Way above my pay-grade dude. Well done!

Wicked with Cotton Bacon

That does look complicated. Well done. Looking forward to seeing the smaller cores result.

5 loops of 34ga TMN80 Reverse Snakespine Slentre over/between 2 x 28ga KA1 cores

3mm ID single coil of 6 wraps on the Phenotype-L RDA at 0.35Ω after pulse

Wicked with Cotton Bacon

This isn't as clean as the last build; it's more difficult to go between the cores and get a very even result... But the wire is narrower and so I could use it for a series build. The next one will be better! I intend to redo this for neatness, because the flavour is really great! Nice seperation of flavour notes!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 65
5 loops of 34ga TMN80 Reverse Snakespine Slentre over/between 2 x 28ga KA1 cores

3mm ID single coil of 6 wraps on the Phenotype-L RDA at 0.35Ω after pulse

Wicked with Cotton Bacon

This isn't as clean as the last build; it's more difficult to go between the cores and get a very even result... But the wire is narrower and so I could use it for a series build. The next one will be better! I intend to redo this for neatness, because the flavour is really great! Nice seperation of flavour notes!
Looks neat to me. Well done.

Some of the guys on here got some mad building skills! although I wouldn't want to know at what cost it came to make all these sexy coils!

Back