Calling all DIY'ers

Hey guys! Here's a few original recipes which turned out to be not too bad:

Orange Chocolate Tobacco

Virginia (FA) - 3%
Orange Cream (TFA) - 5%
Double Chocolate (Clear) (TFA) - 12%
Caramel (TFA) - 2%

VG:pG = 65:45

Needs two week steeping. Orange is mostly an undertone to the tobacco/chocolate, so increase if you want!

Blue Bubblegum

Cantaloupe (TFA) - 6%
Blueberry (Proudly SA) - 10%
Root Beer (TFA) - 1.5%
Honeydew (TFA) - 1%
Coconut (TFA) - 3%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) - 1.5%
Marshmallow (TFA) - 1%

VG:pG = 60:40

Mostly shake and vape, but will become more bubblegummy after a few days' steeping. And yes - there is no bubblegum flavouring in it! Yet it tastes so much like bubblegum with a juice blueberry filling (bubblegum flavours come mostly from the Cantaloupe and Root Beer)! Woohoo! I guess you can swop the Blueberry from Proudly SA for a more common blueberry.

Lime Cheesecake

Bavarian Cream (TFA) - 3%
Cheesecake (Graham Cracker Crust) (TFA) - 6%
Marshmallow (TFA) - 0.5%
Lime Tahity (Cold-pressed) (FA) - 3.5%
Sweet Cream (TFA) - 3%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) - 1%

VG:pG = 70:30

Needs two weeks to steep for the cheesecake to develop and the lime to settle. For a more limey sauce, either increase the Lime or use another Lime flavour (not Cold-Pressed). Very strong cheesecake flavour with a syrupy lime sauce...

Guess it's my turn to share. This was the first thread I read from beginning to end and took notes. From December to now I have probably mixed 60% of the recipes posted.

I have quite a few good ones that get even better when I mix a couple or more together. I am still battling with taste buds so the percentages are high but I end up watering them down with up to 25% neat VG @ 3mg nic, I have a bottle on hand to vape for when I get to the stage that taste is totally gone. I drip these two straight for a treat and water the rest down in batches of 50ml for the tanks, this one gets 20% neat VG with 3% nic .

The following two recipes are not bad on their own but mixed together are so much better. I mix these 33.3 and 66.6 both ways and also 50% - 50% so from the 2 recepies I get 3 more that are even better. These are the original final testers so total quantity is small but the last batches were 250ml each.

Both need 2 weeks steeping although the donut is vapable after 4 days but the cheesecake needs longer because it still tastes of stinky socks. after about 8 days the creams come out and the stinky socks are gone. The Cookies and cream need more than a week for the creams to kick in properly. I let them steep naturally with no heating or cheating.

Sweet%20Jam%20Donut.png

All TFA except Strawberry and Sweet Cream both CAP.
Cookies%20and%20cream.png

All TFA ,Sweet Cream is CAP.
As I said percentages are high but easy enough to water down with premixed VG @ 3mg nic,

Thanks for sharing http://www.ecigssa.co.za/members/dave1.5511/.
Those are not by any means excessively high on flavourant. some flavours are just weaker, the blueberry extra for instance is not at all a pungent flavour.
To be honest i only use it in one recipe, with a few other blueberries to compliment and round it off and even there i use it at a higher %. Dont be scared to do high flavour mixes, if they suit your pallet, and make you happy.
When i started i was told that 20% is the upper celing. I now know that sometimes you need to exceed that to get some flavours to shine.
Remember that guidelines are just that, you need to use your discretion. also small thing that took me a long time to learn, is that sometimes a purphume taste is from over flavouring, and sometimes its more a sign of an incomplete mix.
thanks for sharing your creations.. happy mixing.

Guess it's my turn to share. This was the first thread I read from beginning to end and took notes. From December to now I have probably mixed 60% of the recipes posted.

I have quite a few good ones that get even better when I mix a couple or more together. I am still battling with taste buds so the percentages are high but I end up watering them down with up to 25% neat VG @ 3mg nic, I have a bottle on hand to vape for when I get to the stage that taste is totally gone. I drip these two straight for a treat and water the rest down in batches of 50ml for the tanks, this one gets 20% neat VG with 3% nic .

The following two recipes are not bad on their own but mixed together are so much better. I mix these 33.3 and 66.6 both ways and also 50% - 50% so from the 2 recepies I get 3 more that are even better. These are the original final testers so total quantity is small but the last batches were 250ml each.

Both need 2 weeks steeping although the donut is vapable after 4 days but the cheesecake needs longer because it still tastes of stinky socks. after about 8 days the creams come out and the stinky socks are gone. The Cookies and cream need more than a week for the creams to kick in properly. I let them steep naturally with no heating or cheating.

Sweet%20Jam%20Donut.png

All TFA except Strawberry and Sweet Cream both CAP.
Cookies%20and%20cream.png

All TFA ,Sweet Cream is CAP.
As I said percentages are high but easy enough to water down with premixed VG @ 3mg nic,
That donut recipe looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing http://www.ecigssa.co.za/members/dave1.5511/.
Those are not by any means excessively high on flavourant. some flavours are just weaker, the blueberry extra for instance is not at all a pungent flavour.
To be honest i only use it in one recipe, with a few other blueberries to compliment and round it off and even there i use it at a higher %. Dont be scared to do high flavour mixes, if they suit your pallet, and make you happy.
When i started i was told that 20% is the upper celing. I now know that sometimes you need to exceed that to get some flavours to shine.
Remember that guidelines are just that, you need to use your discretion. also small thing that took me a long time to learn, is that sometimes a purphume taste is from over flavouring, and sometimes its more a sign of an incomplete mix.
thanks for sharing your creations.. happy mixing.
The one thing I have noticed is that everybody's taste is so different. Both my sons have quit smoking and are vaping and all three of us have completely different tastes. I loose my taste completely very often even changing flavours often I can have a few hits and then all flavours gone, change and a few hits later that ones gone. I had 7 Lemo tanks each with a different flavour because of this. The Lemos are awesome for flavours and I don't need to unscrew the 510 every time I change a tank after a few hits, just leave the base on and change the tank. The kids kits and backups were stolen so now I'm down to 3 but it has made me realise that if I water them down a bit it takes a bit longer before the flavour goes. Both the kids can vape on 2 flavours the whole day but the one likes fruity mixes and the other desserts. Going to need a dedicated kitchen for mixing soon, had to lock the steeping box so the mixes get steeped. Had these two mixes @ 14 days 4 days ago and nearly all gone. The next batch is 7 days old and will probably mix another tomorrow. I have about 7 mixes in total that get made up every weekend and many more still being tweaked. So many bottles but fortunately mostly due to this thread nearly nothing was too bad to vape, the exceptions being the Lemon Lime and the rainbow drops. Just cant get them to work with anything.

That donut recipe looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing

The last batch I made I took out 50ml and I added 2% Harvest Berry and it was good, thinking of upping the Frosted donut by 1% and adding the 2% Harvest Berry to another 50ml tomorrow. It never ends.

I must say i agree with you on any fake lemon, fake lime taste, goes for fruit circles too. i Love a deeper more true lemon, but absolutely can not do the less true versions.

A bit off topic, but am I the only one at the mumford & sons concert blowing huge clouds? Cant find a single other vaper in this place. Here I am thinking that a stall selling ejuice would profit...

I was there, but I was standing at the back - to the right of the stage on the hill. It was lovely blowing my clouds over the crouds, looked pretty freaking epic :dance:

Guys, I tried one of my DIY's I mixed up yesterday by mistake. How you may ask, well I reused one of my NCV StrawB bottles, and thought I was painting my Velocity with StrawB - but when I tasted/smelled it, I was like doh - this is not StrawB! Anyways I thought ahh well let me try it. To my relief and my tongue's satisfaction - I came up with a Melon Surprise juice. Not sure if someone already posted this, but my goodness it tastes amazing after 24 hour steep. I'm sure it will get better with time, but this batch won't last long enough to tell.

Also I need to mention that this recipe was given to me buy the awesome gentlemen that owns @Vapeowave - I feel terrible because I dont remember his name.

This is the recipe:
FW: Strawberry Shortcake 4%
Vapeowave: Cantaloupe 1%
FW: Sugar Cookie 3%
FW: Honeydew 2%
FW: Candy Watermelon 2%

Try it you will be pleasantly surprised. I use it in a 80/20 mix

hey everyone has anyone made a good flavor using tfa peanut butter.. really would like a good peanut butter flavor
i made one flavor and it was okay but couldnt vape on it all day

Actually you should drop the Pear a little - to 2,5%.

I think it holds up better this way :)

Pear at 4 %, tends to take over after 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ah man its so good. Went with 2.5% pear like you recommended

Just a pic while im re-organising my diy stuff

cc3d7f5e53e15936def98b3083ce0988.jpg

Fellow DIY'ers

I need some help/advice relating to 2 concentrates; TFA Caramel Original and TFA Double Apple

1. Caramel Original:
I recently tried cloning Gambit from 5P. The recipe I'm using contains 1.5% Caramel Original. All I can taste is Caramel. I tried the Milk and Honey clone as well where the Caramel is at 2%... all I taste is Caramel. The funny part is, I gave a few samples to friends and family, and most of them were really fond of the Gambit clone; talking about stewed apple and cinnamon where I got absolutely nothing of that.
I tested the juice after steeping for:
  1. 2 weeks of steeping
  2. 3 weeks of steeping
  3. 1.5 months of steeping
Then I reduced the caramel content to 0.5% in a 20ml batch. Tested after 2 weeks of steeping, and still, just caramel! For control purposes, I made a batch without the Caramel, but honestly, it tasted horrendous (like it needed that little something extra). Have any of you experienced this and possibly found a way to negate the overpowering Caramel taste?

2. Double Apple
No real snafu here, just want to know if any of you experience a mentholy/koolada-y sensation with double apple. I've never used double apple before and with the first test (6% in 30PG/70VG), I got a mentholy sensation. Only been steeping for 2 weeks though.

PS. For reference, I test all my mixes at various times of the day on the following setups:
  1. Velocity RDA - 6wrap Kanthal Claptons Dual (26/32), 3mm ID
  2. Atty Cubed RDA - Spaced 10wrap 24ga 316L SS in temp mode at between 180 and 220 degrees
  3. Mutation V4 RDA - 6 wrap Kanthal 24ga single, 2.4mm ID
  4. Crius RTA - 4wrap Kanthal Clapton Dual (26/32), 2.4mm ID
My steeping process:
Week one, cap on and bottle placed on a shaker. Week 2, cap off and manually shake mid week. Week 3+, cap on and no shaking. No heat applied, ever... My room temp has been ranging between 19 and 24 degrees for majority of the day and dropping to a minimum of 14 degrees during the night

The Caramel thing is really bothering me because other people are reporting much different tastes to me... like much different.

Thanks in advance

Fellow DIY'ers

I need some help/advice relating to 2 concentrates; TFA Caramel Original and TFA Double Apple

1. Caramel Original:
I recently tried cloning Gambit from 5P. The recipe I'm using contains 1.5% Caramel Original. All I can taste is Caramel. I tried the Milk and Honey clone as well where the Caramel is at 2%... all I taste is Caramel. The funny part is, I gave a few samples to friends and family, and most of them were really fond of the Gambit clone; talking about stewed apple and cinnamon where I got absolutely nothing of that.
I tested the juice after steeping for:
  1. 2 weeks of steeping
  2. 3 weeks of steeping
  3. 1.5 months of steeping
Then I reduced the caramel content to 0.5% in a 20ml batch. Tested after 2 weeks of steeping, and still, just caramel! For control purposes, I made a batch without the Caramel, but honestly, it tasted horrendous (like it needed that little something extra). Have any of you experienced this and possibly found a way to negate the overpowering Caramel taste?

2. Double Apple
No real snafu here, just want to know if any of you experience a mentholy/koolada-y sensation with double apple. I've never used double apple before and with the first test (6% in 30PG/70VG), I got a mentholy sensation. Only been steeping for 2 weeks though.

PS. For reference, I test all my mixes at various times of the day on the following setups:
  1. Velocity RDA - 6wrap Kanthal Claptons Dual (26/32), 3mm ID
  2. Atty Cubed RDA - Spaced 10wrap 24ga 316L SS in temp mode at between 180 and 220 degrees
  3. Mutation V4 RDA - 6 wrap Kanthal 24ga single, 2.4mm ID
  4. Crius RTA - 4wrap Kanthal Clapton Dual (26/32), 2.4mm ID
My steeping process:
Week one, cap on and bottle placed on a shaker. Week 2, cap off and manually shake mid week. Week 3+, cap on and no shaking. No heat applied, ever... My room temp has been ranging between 19 and 24 degrees for majority of the day and dropping to a minimum of 14 degrees during the night

The Caramel thing is really bothering me because other people are reporting much different tastes to me... like much different.

Thanks in advance

Ah bud, I hate Caramel, despite it being used in Cowboy Apple Pie, one of my favourites. So I dont use Caramel, and I stay away from it. When I crack open a bottle of Cowboy Apple, until its settled, all I taste is Caramel, and I swear I won't buy it again... but then it settles and Im happy.

All I can say, is with Low Ohm build dripper set ups, the "strongest" flavour usually peers through first. So its difficult to set up juice according. I mean, my menthol juices are like 0.3% (10% menthol solution) in a 10% flavoured juice, just so that the Menthol does not take over. The same Menthol at 0.5% takes over.

So... I would suggest, if you like Drippers, get used to making low flavour % juices. So if for example, your flavour total was say 5% total for a juice, you could reduce Caramel to really low percentages, and still have it come through.

Do you know what I mean? If you are working with low percentages, its easier to control a percentage of any particular flavour.

Ah bud, I hate Caramel, despite it being used in Cowboy Apple Pie, one of my favourites. So I dont use Caramel, and I stay away from it. When I crack open a bottle of Cowboy Apple, until its settled, all I taste is Caramel, and I swear I won't buy it again... but then it settles and Im happy.

All I can say, is with Low Ohm build dripper set ups, the "strongest" flavour usually peers through first. So its difficult to set up juice according. I mean, my menthol juices are like 0.3% (10% menthol solution) in a 10% flavoured juice, just so that the Menthol does not take over. The same Menthol at 0.5% takes over.

So... I would suggest, if you like Drippers, get used to making low flavour % juices. So if for example, your flavour total was say 5% total for a juice, you could reduce Caramel to really low percentages, and still have it come through.

Do you know what I mean? If you are working with low percentages, its easier to control a percentage of any particular flavour.

Thanks for that. I totally get what you are saying. In fact, most of my own creations, I haven't exceeded 12% flavour concentrates. Recipes using CAP and FA stay below the 8% mark because of over sweetness on the drippers.

This just worried me a bit as I was making an exact clone with great reviews, and it honestly tasted like puke (and thats besides for other people tasting something completely different to what I am of the exact same juice).

I'm definitely taking your advice and will try halving each ingredient to see if it makes a difference. Subsequently, last night I made some with higher PG (50/50) to see if the other concentrates will carry better, and I tried another 70vg/30pg mix with 0.25% Caramel instead of the original 1% (0.5% was still overbearing)...

This is honestly my last attempt with Caramel... just have to wait a MONTH for this to steep and make the call :hit:

Thanks again; glad I'm not the only one with this Caramel issue.

Thanks for that. I totally get what you are saying. In fact, most of my own creations, I haven't exceeded 12% flavour concentrates. Recipes using CAP and FA stay below the 8% mark because of over sweetness on the drippers.

This just worried me a bit as I was making an exact clone with great reviews, and it honestly tasted like puke (and thats besides for other people tasting something completely different to what I am of the exact same juice).

I'm definitely taking your advice and will try halving each ingredient to see if it makes a difference. Subsequently, last night I made some with higher PG (50/50) to see if the other concentrates will carry better, and I tried another 70vg/30pg mix with 0.25% Caramel instead of the original 1% (0.5% was still overbearing)...

This is honestly my last attempt with Caramel... just have to wait a MONTH for this to steep and make the call :hit:

Thanks again; glad I'm not the only one with this Caramel issue.
I have found plenty clone recipes to be a load of...

In all fairness many of them are old. So designed for old tech

You not using the Gambit 'advsearch' (or something like that) recipe? Because I know that one is not great in particular.

I don't know of a good one though unfortunately - I always found Gambit too rich, so havent looked much.

Best Apple Pie is Botboy's Apple Pie from reddit DIY_ejuice

Nice, I see he has a V2 as well... Need to stock up on the concentrates, this recipe sounds amazing. Will be my first time using the INW (biscuit) concentrates as well (had cherry lying around for about 2 weeks). Thanks boet.

Nice, I see he has a V2 as well... Need to stock up on the concentrates, this recipe sounds amazing. Will be my first time using the INW (biscuit) concentrates as well (had cherry lying around for about 2 weeks). Thanks boet.

v2 really is amazing, a step up from the original imo.

Did my first DIY mixes yesterday thanks to a load of goodies I got from @ConradS . This is even better than when I started building my own coils. Did two basic mixes, please tell me if it sound ok. First one. 6% Banana ripe 3% Whipped cream 2% Vanilla swirl. 2nd one. Cheesecake 8% Sweet Strawberry 2% Strawberries and cream 2% Vanilla Swirl 1%. I must say on my 1st shake and vape tests they are not bad at all. Cant see myself buying normal store juice anytime soon after this. DIY is amazing

Did my first DIY mixes yesterday thanks to a load of goodies I got from @ConradS . This is even better than when I started building my own coils. Did two basic mixes, please tell me if it sound ok. First one. 6% Banana ripe 3% Whipped cream 2% Vanilla swirl. 2nd one. Cheesecake 8% Sweet Strawberry 2% Strawberries and cream 2% Vanilla Swirl 1%. I must say on my 1st shake and vape tests they are not bad at all. Cant see myself buying normal store juice anytime soon after this. DIY is amazing

Banana Ripe is strong. I think 6% may be a liitle high. I don't think I've used at at more than 2%. But hopefully the cream and swirl may calm it down.

Let us know :)

@rogue zombie Thanx for the input. I must also probably say that the banana juice is for my wife and here Nebox at only 15 watt with about 1.2 ohm coil. So she needs it a bit stronger to get good flavour from it. I will drop it down till about 4% and see how it goes.

Back