Calling all DIY'ers

Do any of you make juices with Kalua as primary flavour? Made some and I must say very impressed. Will put up the recipe later on.

@rogue zombie Ok here goes, made a 10ml sample as follows
5% Kalua
3% French Vanilla
2% Whipped Cream
And then 2 drops of Creme de Menthe

Its a sweet vape with virtually no menthol taste on inhale and exhale but the second time I breath in you can feel the coolness in the back of your throat.
I think if you can substitute the French Vanilla with something like vanilla ice cream it will work great cause the first thing that came to mind was this would be amazing if I can put this over some Ice cream:-D

And for anyone interested, I have found this to be the nicest Monster Melons clone recipe:

3% TFA Papaya
5% TFA Mango
3% TFA Cantaloupe

I've tried the other popular one which was 5% of all them and 2% marshmallow, and I tried it without Marshmallow...

But this new one is the best imo, at 70VG. Nice sweet, smooth and refreshing fruit juice. The other versions are nice, but mostly just taste like Papaya alone.

However, I don't know how close it is or isn't to the real Monster Melons, as I have never had. If that concerns you. I personally couldn't care less if these clone recipes are close to the real thing or not. It normally just means you will probably get a good recipe out of them.

@rogue zombie Ok here goes, made a 10ml sample as follows
5% Kalua
3% French Vanilla
2% Whipped Cream
And then 2 drops of Creme de Menthe

Its a sweet vape with virtually no menthol taste on inhale and exhale but the second time I breath in you can feel the coolness in the back of your throat.
I think if you can substitute the French Vanilla with something like vanilla ice cream it will work great cause the first thing that came to mind was this would be amazing if I can put this over some Ice cream:-D

Wow thank you, that looks awesome. I will def get some kalua and give it a go.

Yes please get some and try it I have only started with the whole DIY thing but compared to other juices I have tried to me this puts a smile on my face. To me the kicker is its only day 3 of steeping. Just couldn't resist trying it.
Had a bit in a dripper and in Goliath v2 and worked in both

Yes please get some and try it I have only started with the whole DIY thing but compared to other juices I have tried to me this puts a smile on my face. To me the kicker is its only day 3 of steeping. Just couldn't resist trying it.
Had a bit in a dripper and in Goliath v2 and worked in both

I might just change the French Vanilla to FA Bourbon Vanilla, just because I prefer it. But def going to make this - I love Kalua.

And I would like to try a Kalua coffee too.

now to figure out a juce with jackfruit lol
I love Jackfruit, it's quite a complex fruit flavour on it's own so is actually interesting enough as a standalone. I make mine with TFA Toasted Marshmallow and it's delicious. You could probably sub that with a cream, perhaps Bavarian?

Wipped up a batch of the below yesterday, all i can say is that finally my diy is starting to come together.

Wicked and simple mix that has great flavour.

Marshmellow 10%
Kiwi double 5%
EM 5%

Mixed at 70/30 and gave it 15 mins on my diy magnetic stirrer and left for 24hrs

Attachments

• 20160209_141928.jpg
    20160209_141928.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 48
Did you build your magnetic stirrer? Also, where did you pick up the stir bar?

Wipped up a batch of the below yesterday, all i can say is that finally my diy is starting to come together.

Wicked and simple mix that has great flavour.

Marshmellow 10%
Kiwi double 5%
EM 5%

Mixed at 70/30 and gave it 15 mins on my diy magnetic stirrer and left for 24hrs

Very awesome!

Is that a 50 ml Erlenmeyer flash? Because if so, then daaamn, you're not afraid of mixing big batches!

How is Kiwi Double working for you in this? For me, despite having a nice flavour, it just becomes a throat killer in anything above 2-3 %. Never mixed it with Marshmallow before, so maybe that does the trick.

Did you build your magnetic stirrer? Also, where did you pick up the stir bar?
Yea i slapped it together, used a metal pin with a wall lug cut to create the centre.
I know some ppl might crindge when they see it. But hey, it works for now till i find a proper stir bar ;)

Attachments

• 20160217_150635.jpg
    20160217_150635.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Very awesome!

Is that a 50 ml Erlenmeyer flash? Because if so, then daaamn, you're not afraid of mixing big batches!

How is Kiwi Double working for you in this? For me, despite having a nice flavour, it just becomes a throat killer in anything above 2-3 %. Never mixed it with Marshmallow before, so maybe that does the trick.
Yea, been making 30-50ml mixes. All my bigger diy mixes come out soooo much better than 10ml samples.... kiwi double is very harsh, but with some marshmellow and em. ITS INSANELY GOOD

Hi Guys got a new batch of flavors coming in who is going to help me with recipe ideas @rougezombie mostly TFA and Flavor west this time so I am sure you will have some input.

10ml Concentrated Apple Crumble (Apple Pie)

10ml Concentrated Cranberry Flavor

10ml Concentrated Peach Flavor

10ml Concentrated Raspberry Flavor

10ml TFA Koolada 10 PG Flavor Additive

Flavor West 10ml Sour Flavor Additive

10ml TFA / TPA Smooth Eliquid flavor enhancer

10ml Ethyl Vanillin (EV) in USP 99.8%+ Propylene Glycol (PG)

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated Berry Crunch
TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated DX Banana Cream Flavor

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated Rainbow Sherbet Flavor

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated Guava Flavor

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated Honey Circles Cereal Flavor

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated ElderBerry Flavor

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated JackFruit

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated DX Bavarian Cream

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated DX Caramel Original

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated CheeseCake (Graham Crust)

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated Dragonfruit Flavor

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated DX Sweet Cream

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated Passion Fruit

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated Hawaiian Drink

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated Ripe Strawberry

TFA / TPA 10ml Concentrated Popcorn

10ml Concentrated Cinnamon Milktart Flavor
10ml Concentrated Dulce de Leche (Caramel)

10ml Concentrated Apple Flavor

10ml Concentrated Banana Flavor

Flavor West 10ml Concentrated Macadamia Nut

Flavor West 10ml Concentrated Banana Nut Bread

Flavor West 10ml Concentrated Caramel Cinnamon Roll

Flavor West 10ml Concentrated Lemon Meringue Pie Flavor

Flavor West 10ml Concentrated Cheesecake Flavor

Flavor West 10ml Concentrated Double Apple Flavor

Flavor West 10ml Concentrated Nutella Type Flavor
10ml Concentrated Coffee Expresso Flavor

10ml Concentrated Mango Flavor
10ml Concentrated Strawberry Flavor

10ml Concentrated Vanilla Flavor

:rock: Thanks Guys

good grief that is a helaofalot of concentrates. Your possibilities are endless. I hope you have enough PG and VG for all those flavors. Happy DIY-ing bro, let the fun begin :)

@NewOobY It is very smooth. I think the Kalua base must be creamy to as with only 2% cream is already smooth

Anybody have any experience with FA Irish Cream? Ordered a 30ml from ValleyVapour while restocking. No idea how this one is going to taste, but I expect that this one will go nicely with some VBIC, Vanilla custard or coffee

Anybody have any experience with FA Irish Cream? Ordered a 30ml from ValleyVapour while restocking. No idea how this one is going to taste, but I expect that this one will go nicely with some VBIC, Vanilla custard or coffee

Only one way to find out ;-)

I like it, but it's pretty niche, also has a fairly present taste of cocoa putting it (imo) in the "chocolates" camp.

Very awesome!

i have recipes that i use kiwi(double) 2 of them i use kiwi at 3% and the other at 2% and i find these flavors are very nice and not too harsh.. but none of my flavors has any marshmallow in them

Back