Cape Vape Meet #3 on 6 December 2014 @ Nuri Sushi Factory. RSVP in first post.

Yeah a big thanks to all those sponsors mentioned above for helping us make this what is going to be yet another epic ECIGSSA vape meet :)
Even though I cant and would love to make the meet I know that it will be a major success - big ups to the sponsors still standing

Thanks for the sponsors that are still in:)
Seems the bigger u get, the more people u let down??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:rofl::giggle::whip:

just fell off my chair .

Your statements is so true it is sad , personally it just doesnt reflect what this forum was all about.

But hey times change and so do people such is life .:sick:

Quite shocked that VapeMob would choose to also do a vape meet on the same day as the regional one. Oh well!!!

@Marzuq Look at your email dude Hugo the HOBBIT will be emailing you shortly.

Howsit guys and gals.

I have some disappointing news. i was informed by @RevnLucky7 this morning, only 3 days before the Cape Town Vape Meet, that vapemob will be be withdrawing the prize they had promised to sponsor to the value of R1000 (which would have been revealed at the vape meet), as they will be hosting their own vape meet. I believe that VapeMob has received some good exposure from having announced themselves as sponsors to the cape town event and now at the last minute removed themselves from it.

Apologies to Marzuq for having to pull the sponsorship. I can imagine the work that must go into arranging a meet.
I PM'd him this morning regarding this matter hoping for a more professional approach to informing you guys of my withdrawal, this was not exactly what I had in mind.

Yes I am pulling prize sponsorship and yes it's right before the meet.
What this looks like on face value is left to the imagination. @Zegee and @Zeki Hilmi always leading the pouncing brigade... refuse an undeserving child a chocolate and watch him scream bloody murder... in your case always behind a keyboard boys. ;)

We did not decide to pull the sponsorship because we are hosting "our own vape meet". There is no such thing happening. This is utter nonsense as I'm always in favor of unity amognst us all as vapors and our endeavors to promote our hobby.

An opportunity came up for to me explore something completely new and different in this vaping game we play. It's something that has not entirely been done before nor approached in the manner I intend to. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time and should I be able to pull it off will be nothing short of epic, really putting us on the map and adding a whole new level of excitement and depth to vaping. Unfortunately this stunt requires money and quite a bit of it and what we all have to gain from it as a community and vaping unit is worth far more than this prize, even if it was not on a monetary value. I don't expect you to understand this right now as I'm completely drawing from my passion and love for vaping as inspiration for this play. All this in return requires me to seek funding, pulling from every resource I have at my disposal including our current promotional and marketing campaigns.

There's method behind my madness and again I apologize for not being able to attend nor sponsor the event. I knew there'd be a bit of blow back to it and that's okay, because I believe that what I'm envisioning and trying to achieve is far more important than always trying to have to please everybody for the sake of 100% PR success rate, when there's always gonna be the disgruntled ones you'll just never ever reach.

Apologies again Marzuq and I truly hope you guys have a fantastic and successful meet!

Regards,
Rev

Last edited:
@RevnLucky7 since when have I been in a pouncing brigade... Maybe you need to look in a mirror and take your own inventory. I merely mentioned that I was shocked that you were having your own vape meet the same day.

Apologies to Marzuq for having to pull the sponsorship. I can imagine the work that must go into arranging a meet.
I PM'd him this morning regarding this matter hoping for a more professional approach to informing you guys of my withdrawal, this was not exactly what I had in mind.

What this looks like on face value is left to the imagination. @Zegee and @Zeki Hilmi always leading the pouncing brigade... refuse an undeserving child a chocolate and watch him scream bloody murder... in your case always behind a keyboard boys. ;)

We did not decide to pull the sponsorship because we are hosting "our own vape meet". There is no such thing happening. This is utter nonsense as I'm always in favor of unity amognst us all as vapors and our endeavors to promote our hobby.

An opportunity came up for to explore something completely new and different in this vaping game we play. It's something that has not entirely been done before nor approached in the manner I intend to. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time and should I be able to pull it off will be nothing short of epic, really putting us on the map and adding a whole new level of excitement and depth to vaping. Unfortunately this stunt requires money and quite a bit of it. This in return requires me to seek funding, pulling from every resource I have at my disposal including our current promotional and marketing campaigns.

There's method behind my madness and again I apologize for not being able to attend nor sponsor the event. I knew there'd be a bit of blow back to it and that's okay, because I believe that what I'm envisioning and trying to achieve is far more important than always trying to have to please everybody for the sake of 100% PR success rate, when there's always gonna be the disgruntled ones you'll just never ever reach.

Apologies again Marzuq and I truly hope you guys have a fantastic and successful meet!

Regards,
Rev

bwahahahahahaha u seem to have some keyboard skills of your own sir! i aint hiding behind anything chap you have my number and if u find fault with anything i have said please pm me.

The reality of it is this is and always will be an open forum where people are allowed to post there opinions which is exactly what i have done.You apologise to Marzuq yet he is not the only individual involved with the prep work!He was merely informing fellow vapers of the change in sponsors granted you may not be happy with the way it was done , take it up with him.

in terms of leading a brigade i have not been on the forum that much so yeah , i will however say something when it is not right unless you would prefer me to be silent?

Long story short if the shoe fits wear it !

PS i dont like chocolate ;)

go well sir and may your future endeavours be abundantly successful and prosperous!

seems the retraction of vapemob got the sponsors flowing in!!!!

thanks @RevnLucky7

guys are chipping in from everywhere

way to keep the spirit going guys

good luck @RevnLucky7 on your ventures

An opportunity came up for to explore something completely new and different in this vaping game we play. It's something that has not entirely been done before nor approached in the manner I intend to. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time and should I be able to pull it off will be nothing short of epic, really putting us on the map and adding a whole new level of excitement and depth to vaping. Unfortunately this stunt requires money and quite a bit of it and what we all have to gain from it as a community and vaping unit is worth far more than this prize, even if it was not on a monetary value. I don't expect you to understand this right now as I'm completely drawing from my passion and love for vaping as inspiration for this play. All this in return requires me to seek funding, pulling from every resource I have at my disposal including our current promotional and marketing campaigns.

Regards,
Rev

Thanks @RevnLucky7 for explaining what your plans are. I would like to add that the 'own vape meet ' is the picture

An opportunity came up for to explore something completely new and different in this vaping game we play. It's something that has not entirely been done before nor approached in the manner I intend to. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time and should I be able to pull it off will be nothing short of epic, really putting us on the map and adding a whole new level of excitement and depth to vaping. Unfortunately this stunt requires money and quite a bit of it and what we all have to gain from it as a community and vaping unit is worth far more than this prize, even if it was not on a monetary value. I don't expect you to understand this right now as I'm completely drawing from my passion and love for vaping as inspiration for this play. All this in return requires me to seek funding, pulling from every resource I have at my disposal including our current promotional and marketing campaigns.

Regards,
Rev

Thanks @RevnLucky7 for explaining. I appreciate your vision and wish you all the best with your venture. However for the sake of clarity I would like to point out that the ' own event' is your words not mine so the air quotes used is very uncalled for. I do however appreciate that you have in an open forum cleared up why your have withdrawn your sponsorship. But if I may offer a little advice going forward. In the name of professionalism, in future if anything like this arises again please make try your utmost to avoid cancelling whatever you have committed to in the last minute. It does not go down well and doesnt paint a pretty picture of yourself.
That being said I believe that there is no ill will amongst us and I do genuinely wish your venture a success .

the honorable @TylerD has offered to sponsor R500.00 towards a prize at the cape vape meet

thanks bro

An opportunity came up for to me explore something completely new and different in this vaping game we play. It's something that has not entirely been done before nor approached in the manner I intend to. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time and should I be able to pull it off will be nothing short of epic, really putting us on the map and adding a whole new level of excitement and depth to vaping. Unfortunately this stunt requires money and quite a bit of it and what we all have to gain from it as a community and vaping unit is worth far more than this prize, even if it was not on a monetary value. I don't expect you to understand this right now as I'm completely drawing from my passion and love for vaping as inspiration for this play. All this in return requires me to seek funding, pulling from every resource I have at my disposal including our current promotional and marketing campaigns.

Regards,
Rev

At the end of the day your word is your bond, pulling out 3 days before the meet and to have the audacity to attack forum members is a poor showing.
I shall be a wallet warrior and support the other establishments. ;)

Thanks @RevnLucky7 for explaining what your plans are. I would like to add that the 'own vape meet ' is the picture

Thanks @RevnLucky7 for explaining. I appreciate your vision and wish you all the best with your venture. However for the sake of clarity I would like to point out that the ' own event' is your words not mine so the air quotes used is very uncalled for. I do however appreciate that you have in an open forum cleared up why your have withdrawn your sponsorship. But if I may offer a little advice going forward. In the name of professionalism, in future if anything like this arises again please make try your utmost to avoid cancelling whatever you have committed to in the last minute. It does not go down well and doesnt paint a pretty picture of yourself.

That being said I believe that there is no ill will amongst us and I do genuinely wish your venture a success .

Never held a grudge a day in my life mate and there's certainly not one here.
Always entertaining, to say the very least, making a move in public space - it's like navigating an unforgiving asteroid field. Apologies to you and the organizers once again.

@Melinda and @Derick from Skyblue vaping has now, in addition to the initial sponsorship, added in a R500.00 voucher!!!!

@Sir Vape and @BigGuy have also upped their sponsorship with a R1000.00 voucher!!!!

you guys are awesome!!!

The good news is that there are awesome vendors that are still supporting this vape meet. I will in turn support them :D

Regards,
Rev

At the end of the day your word is your bond, pulling out 3 days before the meet and to have the audacity to attack forum members is a poor showing.
I shall be a wallet warrior and vote with my cash. ;)

@RevnLucky7 since when have I been in a pouncing brigade... Maybe you need to look in a mirror and take your own inventory. I merely mentioned that I was shocked that you were having your own vape meet the same day.

@RevnLucky7 has clearly said he is NOT hosting a vape meet on the same day!! :confused:. It would be really stupid to do such a thing.

Its unfortunate that they have pulled sponsorship, They would benefit from having exposure at this event too, But you cannot give them slack for this either.

The aim of sponsorship is to gain something ( exposure, clients or money ) and in return giving something back to event or organisation that has enabled the gains. Oaks cannot get upset, Both the Event and VapeMOB loose out from this so this is a 2 way street.

Many times in sports my sponsorship pulled out from me the day before... and I Cannot be angry, Beggars can't be choosers.

Im sure the event will go on just great regardless, after all we are all there to link the community have fun and see what products are on offer.

See you all there IN GOOD SPIRITS!!

Just my :2c:

Back