Cerakote for my reo mini

Marzuq

Goofy Guru
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Any idea where in Cape Town I can send my copper vein reo mini to have the color changed?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I am thinking the same for my Grand, in Jet Black.

I am thinking the same for my Grand, in Jet Black.
I want a blood red body with a brushed copper finish door. Think it will be a good pair but the door color may vary depending on what they can do for me

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Would paint stripper work for the black anodized Reo?

From what I remember @johan posting about anodizing - it sort of becomes part of the metal. So, I have an idea it might not be possible, but am not sure.

From what I remember @johan posting about anodizing - it sort of becomes part of the metal. So, I have an idea it might not be possible, but am not sure.
Paint stripper won't work on Anodized and powder coated surfaces.

Read the comments here for ideas
http://www.instructables.com/id/Removing-Anodizing-From-Aluminum-Quickly-and-Easil/

No, the only way to remove anodizing is with NaOH // Sodium Hydroxide (aka caustic soda) - note: you have to wear protection gloves, toxic fumes. Best done outside and most important: you will loose a couple of microns of the allumina.

This looks like it might just work. Will have to check if it is available locally though..

Oven cleaner works too, apparently, has the right stuff that @johan speaks of :p

No, the only way to remove anodizing is with NaOH // Sodium Hydroxide (aka caustic soda) - note: you have to wear protection gloves, toxic fumes. Best done outside and most important: you will loose a couple of microns of the allumina.

Definitely not going this route lol.. I will rather leave it as is. It's just that it had a couple of harsh falls, wanted to redo it to make it pretty again..

Definitely not going this route lol.. I will rather leave it as is. It's just that it had a couple of harsh falls, wanted to redo it to make it pretty again..

The beauty of anodize is that you can spray paint without any fancy undercoat or you can even mirror polish with a buff - just a suggestion.

Most industrial cleaners contain NaOH.

The beauty of anodize is that you can spray paint without any fancy undercoat or you can even mirror polish with a buff - just a suggestion.

Most industrial cleaners contain NaOH.

Most of the damage is on the corners, and I can see and feel the Aluminium. Actually small holes, like missing pieces of aluminium lol. I'm really sad I let it fall, 2 or 3 times on tar! So now I'm trying to restore it a bit.. However, I will have to do some sanding work to smooth out the dings.

Most of the damage is on the corners, and I can see and feel the Aluminium. Actually small holes, like missing pieces of aluminium lol. I'm really sad I let it fall, 2 or 3 times on tar! So now I'm trying to restore it a bit.. However, I will have to do some sanding work to smooth out the dings.

fill with 2-part black epoxy, then sand and polish.

If that was most other mods, it would not have been working anymore.

so i spoke to guys at hydro-graphic
the says they sandblast and then bake at 150 degrees.
whats the chances my little reo mini and its 510 connector innards can withstand this temperatures?

I try to handle my Reo's with kid gloves, but the mini dropped of the sink one day, about a month after acquiring her, and hit the hard tile floor..landing just on the bottom edge where the door slides in. Because the metal is so soft it created a flat spot, and deformed the corner ever so slightly inwards. There was no scratch or anything, but I couldn't slide the door back in, as a result. (The door wasn't installed at the time.)

Took all my inconsiderable skills with a needle file to fix that up. And since then I am super careful when putting it down on any surface.

whats the chances my little reo mini and its 510 connector innards can withstand this temperatures?

Should be fine at that temp. Your best bet is to talk to Robert at reosmods though.

Price wise?

Silicone inside bottom part of 510 connector, and as @Alex said you're safe as silicone doesn't deform between -55C to +300C.

Silicone inside bottom part of 510 connector, and as @Alex said you're safe as silicone doesn't deform between -55C to +300C.

perfect that sets my mind at ease. i will arrange for them to give me a quote now

Back