Cubis

I
Cubis is like a cup with juice, subtank like a cup with holes in the bottom.
Cubis you can remove your coil/build without having to dump the juice first, goodluck trying that with the subtank.

The one great feature of the Bellus is turning it upside down with juice still inside, removing the build to rewick or recoil, very handy.
The Cubis goes one better in that you dont have to turn it upside down first.
Cubis + RBA option = Kentucky Fried dinner... IMO.
you don't need to dump your juice when rebuilding on the subtank mini....

This tank is amazing and looks pretty awesome! I am also letting mine rest until I can get the RBA section. Not really fond of the idea of spending money on coils and juice at the same time.

I use this specifically to MTL my 12mg juices. Greatstuff! Thanks to @Tiaan from beyondvapour for hooking me up with this gem!

This tank is amazing and looks pretty awesome! I am also letting mine rest until I can get the RBA section. Not really fond of the idea of spending money on coils and juice at the same time.

I use this specifically to MTL my 12mg juices. Greatstuff! Thanks to @Tiaan from beyondvapour for hooking me up with this gem!
@Johanvdmrw was it a personal favor thing?
I dont see it on their website.

@Johanvdmrw was it a personal favor thing?
I dont see it on their website.
Well, he is very generous and thought the tank would suit me perfect! Hehe not sure if that answers your question.

He does have more and I know he was quite busy lately and probably haven't had a chance to update his site yet.

He did mention that he is selling them for R350. I will just remind him quick to update his site :)

Well, he is very generous and thought the tank would suit me perfect! Hehe not sure if that answers your question.

He does have more and I know he was quite busy lately and probably haven't had a chance to update his site yet.

He did mention that he is selling them for R350. I will just remind him quick to update his site :)

Thanks, most appreciated, I didnt want to do that whole "I want one too" thing if it was a pal of yours with special prices.
Thats a good price. I was looking at an import from upcountry, but the shipping kinda paralyzes the finger hovering over the enter key. :)

Edit I see they are up on site now thanks.

Last edited:
big thanks to @Johanvdmrw for the Cape Town Cubis source...Beyondvapour.co.za, picked mine up this afternoon.

@Chezzig Mine is soaking because there was s definite machine oil pong, smells similar to the little coil useage card that was in the box.
I can imagine it would make marshmellows taste k@k if vaped.

We all know that the oem coils need careful attention to avoid burnt coils/dry hits.
I wanted to soak the entire coil in my last 4ml of VM Monroe and so I dumped the coil into a 6ml syringe and then sucked up the last of the juice.
:THINKING:
Suddenly a brainwave rolled in.
I covered the top of the submerged coil, 1.5ml, and held the syringe end closed with my finger while drawing out the plunger to its max.
What this does is pull a vacuum on the juice and coil, sucking out all the air in the wick, which is then replaced with the juice in the syringe.
Viola, completely saturated wick. I'd recommend this procedure with all commercial coils to pre-juice them.

This is pretty much the same procedure used for stabilized wood, wood dunked under resin, vacuum pulled on contents, resin fills spaces left by retreating air once vacuum is released.
You will need to drain surplus juice before re-assembly, otherwise its juice mouth time on first vape.

1.5ohm clapton in 6ml syringe.
coil vac.JPG

My initial impressions are,
  • with the 1.5ohm clapton, its a tighter draw than the Kayfun 3.1 even with the cubis airflow wide open.
  • I also got some initial hot spitting which needed the "bless the crowd" move to clear, bearing in mind I really drowned the coil initially.
  • I also dialed in a lower recommended wattage to 18w and it started behaving.
  • There was an initial 0.5 sec delay due to my relatively light in the pants evic supreme device trying to light up a clapton.(some experimenting with the RVW evic supreme feature might be in order.)
  • The vapour was warmer than the kayfun, there was some off flavour, probably from the cotton and I moved back to my kayfun.

I really like the look and build quality of this tank, therefore I'm going to let this settle a while, try the other coils and then give some more feedback.

I really like the look and build quality of this tank, therefore I'm going to let this settle a while, try the other coils and then give some more feedback.
The recommended wattage for the 1.5 ohm Clapton is 8 - 20 W?

Give the 0.5ohm SS coil a go. Don't use temp control if you have it, I find the TC on the SS coils to be very jumping. Hopping temperature up and down -it's really spoils the vape.

Just stick the 0.5ohm coil at 25W and vape. /heavenly

Note: If your a MTL vaper then this isn't for you.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can this tank vape high vg juice with the 0.5 ohm coil?

I only saw the first couple of seconds of that rba build video, but it looks like a mission to rebuild?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

The recommended wattage for the 1.5 ohm Clapton is 8 - 20 W?
The delay fooled me into ramping up the wattage to 23W, dunno what I was thinking.
Oh wait, its all coming back to me...I didnt read the manual, guy thing. :)
You are very correct @Andre 8-20W is the best area for the 1.5, I found below 13w rather feeble and not much gain after 18w.

I only saw the first couple of seconds of that rba build video, but it looks like a mission to rebuild?

I can't see this handling very high vg juice. Even at full the airflow is a little restricted for a full on DTL vape. Saying that it does handle 70/30 with ease. 90/10 might be a big ask IMO.

I have some max vg cloud sauce but I'm letting it steep a few days in the cupboard as the flavour feels like it need to mature a bit. I will give it a trial in a few days and give a update.

Thanks for the info. I'm really interested in this tank. Looking for something to use at work. The Crius is way to juice thirsty for whole day and night! I just can't see myself buying coils and the RBA doesn't look promising... I might be wrong though.

Thanks for the info. I'm really interested in this tank. Looking for something to use at work. The Crius is way to juice thirsty for whole day and night! I just can't see myself buying coils and the RBA doesn't look promising... I might be wrong though.

I have a Smok and I feel you on the juice consumption really I do. In the Smok I can consume half a tank on the drive to work without really trying.

I bought this tank to use at work during the day and it works surprisingly well with the stock 0.5ohm coil. I get tons of vapour from this little thing. I will agree the RBA looks fiddly and small - I'm not a fan yet. But I didn't buy this tank to make my own coils. I bought it because I wanted something light on juice yet could produce a fair amount of vapour.

Thanks again. I guess you in the same boat as me... just the coil story is hampering me lol. Such a tough choice! Maybe I should try it out somehow.

Wow
big thanks to @Johanvdmrw for the Cape Town Cubis source...Beyondvapour.co.za, picked mine up this afternoon.

@Chezzig Mine is soaking because there was s definite machine oil pong, smells similar to the little coil useage card that was in the box.
I can imagine it would make marshmellows taste k@k if vaped.

We all know that the oem coils need careful attention to avoid burnt coils/dry hits.
I wanted to soak the entire coil in my last 4ml of VM Monroe and so I dumped the coil into a 6ml syringe and then sucked up the last of the juice.
:THINKING:
Suddenly a brainwave rolled in.
I covered the top of the submerged coil, 1.5ml, and held the syringe end closed with my finger while drawing out the plunger to its max.
What this does is pull a vacuum on the juice and coil, sucking out all the air in the wick, which is then replaced with the juice in the syringe.
Viola, completely saturated wick. I'd recommend this procedure with all commercial coils to pre-juice them.

This is pretty much the same procedure used for stabilized wood, wood dunked under resin, vacuum pulled on contents, resin fills spaces left by retreating air once vacuum is released.
You will need to drain surplus juice before re-assembly, otherwise its juice mouth time on first vape.

1.5ohm clapton in 6ml syringe.
View attachment 44718
@blujeenz .. I had to read that a few times and study the pic very closely to get what you were saying Hahahahahahaha .. I get it now and yes they do need to soak well and be primed properly .. I soaked mine overnight .. I'm very interested to hear how you find the vape ?

In
  • with the 1.5ohm clapton, its a tighter draw than the Kayfun 3.1 even with the cubis airflow wide open.
  • I also got some initial hot spitting which needed the "bless the crowd" move to clear, bearing in mind I really drowned the coil initially.
  • There was an initial 0.5 sec delay due to my relatively light in the pants evic supreme device trying to light up a clapton.(some experimenting with the RVW evic supreme feature might be in order.)
  • The vapour was warmer than the kayfun, there was some off flavour, probably from the cotton and I moved back to my kayfun.

I'm following

Give the 0.5ohm SS coil a go. Don't use temp control if you have it, I find the TC on the SS coils to be very jumping. Hopping temperature up and down -it's really spoils the vape.

Just stick the 0.5ohm coil at 25W and vape. /heavenly

Note: If your a MTL vaper then this isn't for you.

I do comfortable MTL at 25 W with the 0.5 ohm coil, which btw Joyetech recommend you use with normal power, not TC - as you have experienced.

Last edited:

Yes, it certainly can - I have now done 11 tanks of different juices on the 0.5 ohm coil. From 50/50 right up to Max VG, no problems at all.

Thanks again. I guess you in the same boat as me... just the coil story is hampering me lol. Such a tough choice! Maybe I should try it out somehow.

The video is of a vertical coil, which certainly is more difficult. You can also do horizontal coils, which should be a breeze. If you can build a Ego One/Tron CLR coil this should not really be problematic.

Wow

@blujeenz .. I had to read that a few times and study the pic very closely to get what you were saying Hahahahahahaha .. I get it now and yes they do need to soak well and be primed properly .. I soaked mine overnight .. I'm very interested to hear how you find the vape ?
Did you take apart and sunlight hot water soak all the parts? mine had an oil film all over the threads, that will affect taste badly, bigtime.
There can always be some oil left on the threads that only disassembly will clear.

This is the way @DaveH did it and I pretty much followed his example, I also unscrewed the vent pipe from the driptip/mouth piece base
img_2069-jpg.44602

The vape on the 1.5 clapton didnt impress me at all, but seems to be improving. :)
Next up in a day or 2 will be the 1ohm coil.

EDIT 1ohm is for TC so it will be the 0.5 ohm up next, thanks for the headsup @Andre

Last edited:
Did you take apart and sunlight hot water soak all the parts? mine had an oil film all over the threads, that will affect taste badly, bigtime.
There can always be some oil left on the threads that only disassembly will clear.

This is the way @DaveH did it and I pretty much followed his example, I also unscrewed the vent pipe from the driptip/mouth piece base
img_2069-jpg.44602

The vape on the 1.5 clapton didnt impress me at all, but seems to be improving. :)
Next up in a day or 2 will be the 1ohm coil.
Just in case you have not yet read the manual - the 1 ohm coil is recommended for TC;). I have only used the 0.5 ohm coil so far, around 15 to 25 W and am much impressed. Almost finished tank 11 and still going strong.

x6rD3uX.jpg

Back