Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
Finally a post office slip arrives… order was paid for on the 18th June in the UK… and the parcel just arrived… yes they were waiting for stock but it was still a long time! What is in the parcel you ask? Well as you can see it was the long awaited Cyclone AFC!

Cyclone 031.JPG

I had to order a bottom fed standard one and then the AFC one as well which is a standard deck… so I now have a standard Cyclone Dripper and an Bottom fed AFC…

The AFC is a very tight fit on the new version 2 deck and I hope that our order direct from Vicious Ant are a little less tight...

The Standard one is the version one with the concave deck and the AFC came with the new flat deck... for those of you that like a airy air flow you will love the AFC version... I had to close my air flow to a similar sized hole to the standard one to find my happy place so the AFC version for me is pretty much like feeding strawberries to pigs! However... one thing I have learnt in this game is that tastes and juices and airflow do change and I have no doubt that I will learn to enjoy looser air flows as well as lower resistance coils as I have been doing slowly already.

Version 2 also does away with the allen key and now has phillips head screws. The AFC also has the option for either single or dual coils.

Here is a picture of Amanda with the AFC version and Erica with the standard Cyclone!
Cyclone 040.JPG
OK so how does it vape? I built a 1,2Ω single micro coil and gave it a cotton wick. It's a great vape and I'm still of the opinion that the Cyclone is the best bottom fed option for a REO. It beats the RM2 because of the ability to handle over squonking and then the ease of the changing of the wick each day because it's a pull off top... I think the vape quality of the two is so close to call although I give it to the Cyclone but that may just be because I like the Cyclone.

For those interested in costs... the two Cyclones (one AFC and one Standard), with a couple of spares cost R2,200 buying it from the UK.

OK it's been a short period but already I'm starting to appreciate the airier air flow a little... the flavour seems a bit more pronounced now that I'm not concentrating on getting the vapour though the small hole of the standard one.

Presume you have a single coil on the AFC one. If you turn the AFC at the top part there is an option for a single slit or just a single air hole. Then you can posistion that single slit/air hole opposite your coil.
Of course you must try a dual coil - then the AFC really comes into its own.

Presume you have a single coil on the AFC one. If you turn the AFC at the top part there is an option for a single slit or just a single air hole. Then you can posistion that single slit/air hole opposite your coil.
Of course you must try a dual coil - then the AFC really comes into its own.

I did finally work that out... it took me a while... :p

Yes I started with a single coil... wanted to try and compare it with the standard cyclone. I really didn't think the AFC would make much of a difference but it does and gives you much more flexibility... I just wish it wasn't so tight on the deck and hopefully the ones on their way from the Philippines will be perfect!

I'm vaping Erica and Amanda one after each other and the increased air flow is indeed better and I may end up getting someone to increase the size of the hole on my standard one. :eek:

Yes I started with a single coil... wanted to try and compare it with the standard cyclone. I really didn't think the AFC would make much of a difference but it does and gives you much more flexibility... I just wish it wasn't so tight on the deck and hopefully the ones on their way from the Philippines will be perfect!

I'm vaping Erica and Amanda one after each other and the increased air flow is indeed better and I may end up getting someone to increase the size of the hole on my standard one. :eek:
Mine is quite tight as well (can only pull it open - with some wriggle and force - if screwed in), which does help to keep the juice inside. But not nearly as tight as the epic fail ones we sent back.

Mine is quite tight as well (can only pull it open - with some wriggle and force - if screwed in), which does help to keep the juice inside. But not nearly as tight as the epic fail ones we sent back.

OK mine is like that too... relax time... thanks!

If I remember correctly, some peeps remove one of the o-rings to make it less tight.

If I remember correctly, some peeps remove one of the o-rings to make it less tight.

Thanks for that tip... I may just do that because I like to change my wick everyday and sometimes twice a day and fighting to get the top off will drive me to drink!

Dual coil that puppy gramps!
Aim for 0.2, open both air slits and lung hit that bad girl!
Then take a selfie and send it to me! :D

Dual coil that puppy gramps!
Aim for 0.2, open both air slits and lung hit that bad girl!
Then take a selfie and send it to me! :D

Yo Whipper Snapper if I did that I would be in no state to take a selfie! I would be on the floor! :eek:

Just seeing that Cyclone again makes me want a Reo.

A black LP one. With holes in it. With a black delrin button and these little beauties on it!

You said the fit is tight? The AFC on the LP? What's the deal with the Reo's? They got floating pins?
Any gaps?

Just seeing that Cyclone again makes me want a Reo.

A black LP one. With holes in it. With a black delrin button and these little beauties on it!

You said the fit is tight? The AFC on the LP? What's the deal with the Reo's? They got floating pins?
Any gaps?
No the AFC cap on the Cyclone deck is a tight fit. The fit on the LP Reo is perfect and flush.

No the AFC cap on the Cyclone deck is a tight fit. The fit on the LP Reo is perfect and flush.

I had the urge to make out with you for 0.00002 seconds.
Thanks.

Will probably need to have a chat on what I need to buy to suit my needs. I know there was a thread for it.... I just was some personalized service from the Reo guru himself :D

What's the deal with these sub ohm kits and what not. And what does SL mean?
All Reos now come with so called sub ohm contacts installed. SL = super light, referring to the Reos with the holes in them. Tumbled = raw tumbled aluminium, you seem to prefer black wrinkled. Black anodized is another option.

What s the difference between reo mini and reo 2.1?

Back