DIY Ejuice - Clone Megathread

So if you're looking for a Derailed-a-like

Credit where its due - when I bought the ingredients, I asked Melinda what percentages I should go at for a 'banana cinnamon cookie'. And I basically followed her recommendations :)

This is remarkable close:

All TFA

Banana Ripe 1% (I will probably bump that up a few drops next time)
Graham Cracker 3%
Cinnamon Danish 4%
Cinnamon Sugar Cookie 10%
French Vanilla 2%
Smooth 2 drops per 10ml

It is very reminicent of Derailed. Lets just say, if I gave it to someone to vape and asked what this is like - Derailed would almost surely be what they would say.

I reckon Derailed is a little more "luxurious" tasting, probably because its lightly finished with some sort of creams.

However, mine has only steeped for 10 days, so....

@AndreFerreira The FA Fresh Cream is not available locally, unfortunately. I've substituted it with TFA Malted Milk. Been vaping on it for a week now, have some bottles steeping too. Its an ok vape, but not quite up to par yet. Very lemony.
Used that recipe without the fresh cream, added a drop of Milk Chocolate, an extra 2-3 drops of berry crunch, an extra 2-3 drops of marshmello and 2 drops of AP in a 10ml bottle, and now I have what tastes like an exact replica of............bakers lemon cream biscuits lol :wondering:

- Deadly Sin - Good Life Vapor v2
RY4 Double (TFA) @5%

Butterscotch (FW) @5%

Cinnamon Danish Swirl (Cap) @5%

Sucralose to taste (I used 2 drops per 10ml, or .175%.)

I'm taking a crack at this today. I am substituting the Butterscotch for VM Caramel and have also added a little French Vanilla coz I felt like it. Will post the results as soon as it's steeped ;)

So after 3 days of steeping, this is smelling NOTHING like the ingredients that are put in. I don't know if it's good or bad, but I'm getting some very "ginger nut" smells coming from the bottle every time I open it.

I've never tried the original, so can anyone advise how this is supposed to smell and taste?

So if you're looking for a Derailed-a-like

Credit where its due - when I bought the ingredients, I asked Melinda what percentages I should go at for a 'banana cinnamon cookie'. And I basically followed her recommendations :)

This is remarkable close:

All TFA

Banana Ripe 1% (I will probably bump that up a few drops next time)
Graham Cracker 3%
Cinnamon Danish 4%
Cinnamon Sugar Cookie 10%
French Vanilla 2%
Smooth 2 drops per 10ml

It is very reminicent of Derailed. Lets just say, if I gave it to someone to vape and asked what this is like - Derailed would almost surely be what they would say.

I reckon Derailed is a little more "luxurious" tasting, probably because its lightly finished with some sort of creams.

However, mine has only steeped for 10 days, so....
This is going to be my next clone attempt. Already have the ingredients lined up. The recipe I have does not include the Smooth, though. So will need to add that to my shopping list.

Used that recipe without the fresh cream, added a drop of Milk Chocolate, an extra 2-3 drops of berry crunch, an extra 2-3 drops of marshmello and 2 drops of AP in a 10ml bottle, and now I have what tastes like an exact replica of............bakers lemon cream biscuits lol :wondering:
LOL yeah, the Fruit Cirlces tends to be very overpowering. I've found another Looper recipe on Reddit. Will post it when I get home tonight. It removes the Fruit Circles & uses Orange Cream instead. Once again the problem is that some of the ingredients are from Flavour West & Flavour Art.

This is going to be my next clone attempt. Already have the ingredients lined up. The recipe I have does not include the Smooth, though. So will need to add that to my shopping list.

I'm not sure you need smooth. I just ad a few drops when I use a lot of ingredients. Im sure a small amount of something creamy would do the trick.

Nothing wrong with Lemon Creams. I love that stuff :)

Nice tonight is mixing night, been waiting all week, these recipes all look great but... where to start?!!

Hi guys I would like to know what is the best Nicotine to buy in South Africa. I have tried my fair share of local juices and it's always to strong for me. The 6mg nic is almost like a 12mg for me. International juices I don't have this issue.

I really want to start my diy journey but before I place my order I would like to know what is the best nic and if I mix a 6mg it should be 6 and not that harsh hit that take your breath away.

Hi guys I would like to know what is the best Nicotine to buy in South Africa. I have tried my fair share of local juices and it's always to strong for me. The 6mg nic is almost like a 12mg for me. International juices I don't have this issue.

I really want to start my diy journey but before I place my order I would like to know what is the best nic and if I mix a 6mg it should be 6 and not that harsh hit that take your breath away.
Your best bet is to buy from skyblue.

@Yiannaki is 100% correct. SkyBlue sells the highest grade commercially available nicotine - you can't get any better than what they sell :)

The harshness is also probably due to lower VG in some local juices (50/50)...higher VG smooths out the vape considerably. Probably better if you mix 70/30 VG/PG or higher to cut the harshness away :D

Okay Thx guys. I'll definitely place a order at skyblue. Yes I'm not looking for throat hit anymore. I like my 70/30 4mg vaping at 55watts in a tank(big lung hits). Find that more satisfying then vaping 12,6mg and taking small puffs.

I'm a bit worried about that "anti caking agent". Unless we know for sure it's "vapable" I'll rather stay away from it. Anyone has any idea what that anti caking agent is made of?

I'm a bit worried about that "anti caking agent". Unless we know for sure it's "vapable" I'll rather stay away from it. Anyone has any idea what that anti caking agent is made of?

No idea what its made of, but even used in the home beer brewing ingredients and I'm still alive after 15+ years of using it.

No idea what its made of, but even used in the home beer brewing ingredients and I'm still alive after 15+ years of using it.

Problem is, things that can be eaten or drank, cannot always be inhaled.

@AndreFerreira The FA Fresh Cream is not available locally, unfortunately. I've substituted it with TFA Malted Milk. Been vaping on it for a week now, have some bottles steeping too. Its an ok vape, but not quite up to par yet. Very lemony.

I made some, substituting the Marshmallow with Toasted Marshmallow, and for the fresh cream I just used more sweet cream and it tastes awesome, I havent tasted Looper but for me this is my best DIY juice so far.

Last edited:
I made some, substituting the Marshmallow with Toated Marshmallow, and for the fresh cream I just used more sweet cream and it tastes awesome, I havent tasted Looper but for me this is my best DIY juice so far.
Thanks, will give your way a try with my next mix.

I made some, substituting the Marshmallow with Toated Marshmallow, and for the fresh cream I just used more sweet cream and it tastes awesome, I havent tasted Looper but for me this is my best DIY juice so far.

Lol, I was planning on doing the exact same thing with my mix! :D I'm hopefully getting my vape mail today, so I will post thoughts when I'm done going through my new flavour collection :clap:

Random tip:

If you wanted a slightly smoother and less throat-hit on the finish with your Snake Oil (as I did), add 0,5- 0,75% cheesecake.

Careful though, I reckon anything more than 1% could turn this into cheesecake... which I suppose might not necessarily be a bad thing.

Snake Oil - Seduce Juice
Bavarian Cream (TFA) 3%

Coconut Extra (TFA) 1.5%

Pear (TFA) 9%

The original recipe called for 1% Coconut but I like it with a bit more.

Thanks for this bud :)

I have a 30ml i mixed last night, which is currently in my boot steeping :D

Back