Evic Up For Grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, not in the loop with hijackings and stuff! Congrats on that evic!

That actually sounds like a great idea!

I do have some juice, but not very nice ones tho. Anyway, will get some from oupa and get that RSST then! Come 25th!
I need stuff.

Awesome! Thanks. I really appreciate the effort.

Crafty - What's your take on the eVic? I've read varying opinions on it. Curious to get an experienced vaper's take on it.

I will only get it on monday when I can play with it in detail.
However, from a friend:

The delay between the button press and and the device starting to fire tends to annoy some people.
There is about a half second delay before the coil starts to heat up. The reason for this is the fact that you only have one button. any press less than half a second takes you into the menu. Longer than half a second, it starts firing the coil.
Other than that it appears to be a rather nice unit, but care must be taken seeing as they tend to be more fragile than some of the others on the market. Personally I like my SVD. I have dropped it on tar from a standing position, and it is still flawless. I will play with the eVic for a week or so, then it will become my main backup. Should anything happen to the svd, i will still be sorted.

Cool thanks for the info. Wasn't aware of the delay on the firing up.

Apparently it is quite a fragile unit. Two things worry me a bit about that:
  1. I'm chronically clumsy and I'm always dropping stuff.
  2. If the control breaks it'll cost R700 to replace :eek:
I do like the fact that it's got a 2600mAh battery and I'm a bit of a gadget head and it looks pretty gizmo-ish (no reference to Gizmo on the forum ;) )

I do like the fact that it's got a 2600mAh battery and I'm a bit of a gadget head and it looks pretty gizmo-ish (no reference to Gizmo on the forum ;) )
you get used to fireing the buton as you lift it towards your mouth ---

as the ex owner i can say it is fragile yes and i had to replace the control head :(
but all in all a good device esp if you lnto messing about with the vw .. its like tuning a car on the dyno tune it to your puff needs eg .. start off at 11w for 2 seconds then drop off to 8w for say another 3 seconds then back up that way you can cool down you vape just before the juice "burns"

also ppl are sharing there settings online and have specific settings for specific juice, you can download there settings and see if you like

So worries,
This is actually not a hi-jack any more since the eVic has already been sold...
to meeeeeeeeee!

Any ways, I would say Get just enough juice for this month, then get the RSST as well. They are dreadfully easy to setup once you get the hang of it. They taste awesome! Then for december get a good solid stack of juices.

I need to get more juice options end of this month.
Thanks for the great advice. RSST is the best thing I've bought!

quick question about the evic usb cable. its just a normal usb to mini usb cable right? no charging circuitry in there? i figured its all built into the control head but just checking

You should try a Reo Grand - it is milled from a solid block of aluminium. Unbreakable, but does hurt if it hits your foot!

Crafty the eVic looks really interesting... are you enjoying it and would you recommend it?
It is not a bad device at all. It has some minor issues that irritate me, but you get used to those.
The zmax and svd are better devices in my opinion.
If you are a die-hard geek, it has some stuff you will like. Like plotting graphs of vaping habits etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back