Geekvape ZEUS Tank Coil Build? Best Coil Build?

Johan Marais

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys

So I bought a Geekvape Zeus Tank which is a pretty awesome tank. I used both Coils that came with the Tanks but they are now done, being a SS Coil fan for low Wattage and fast ramp up. Using a 3mm diamiter buid I dont get any flavour from my tank. Which Wire/build/Diamiter would you guys recommend? I have wasted so many coils and cotton trying to get the flavour.

Please Help

Regards Johan

Hi Guys

So I bought a Geekvape Zeus Tank which is a pretty awesome tank. I used both Coils that came with the Tanks but they are now done, being a SS Coil fan for low Wattage and fast ramp up. Using a 3mm diamiter buid I dont get any flavour from my tank. Which Wire/build/Diamiter would you guys recommend? I have wasted so many coils and cotton trying to get the flavour.

Please Help

Regards Johan

hi @Johan Marais

the Zeus rocks right !

i do a 3mm diameter 6 wrap but spaced coil using N80 fused clapton 3x30ga + 38ga (this for me is way better than the coils it came with - which weren't bad I must say)

i find positioning the coil about in the center of the posts works for me, also don't try and straighten the coil to be parallel with the posts, leave it skew (if you know what i mean) - also you don't necessarily need to space the coil, but i prefer it

get u same demon killer fused Clapton wire. 3mm 5wraps
power mode high

Attachments

• 15158302981891166335672.jpg
    15158302981891166335672.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 15158303141582005511980.jpg
    15158303141582005511980.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 121
Hi @Johan Marais , it would seem to me that the Zeus likes something more than just plain wire, so Clapton or fused is the way to go. As per @vicTor above, that build will rock. Also, thin out the ends of the wick as well a bit, seems to improve the taste. Then sit back and enjoy your happy clouds!:)

Hi @Johan Marais , it would seem to me that the Zeus likes something more than just plain wire, so Clapton or fused is the way to go. As per @vicTor above, that build will rock. Also, thin out the ends of the wick as well a bit, seems to improve the taste. Then sit back and enjoy your happy clouds!:)

100% agreed

if you have 26g SS try a parallel wrap 3mmID. 6 wraps.

Hi @Johan Marais

The Zeus is an Awesome Amazing Outstanding RTA - and it works - it doesn’t leak - and it delivers on Flavour and Clouds.

The last thing you want is loose interest - so a fine touch of patience is kindly suggested.

This Tank’s best Friend is a multi-strand Coil - there are plenty of them out there - so you need a little time to evaluate your options and your Vaping style.

I cannot say that Single Strand Coils won’t work because I haven’t tried them.

I have ventured into the Complex Coil Options and have Treasured and Appreciated the time - effort and energy that @smilelykumeenit spent helping me get my Complex Coil Options on the go.

So - here is some information that I hope helps you find the solution to your Flavour requirements from the Zeus RTA

All the best and please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Geekvape Zeus 24 - Kiwichi
RTA - Single Coil Build
Wire : Ni80
Type : Framed Staples
@smilelykumeenit
Gauge : 4x0.4mm/2x30/40Ga
ID : 3mm
Wraps : 5.5
Spacing : 0.5mm
Leg Length : 5mm
Mod - VW : Geekvape Aegis 100W
Ohms : 0.33
Watts : 38 to 48
Cotton : Cotton Candy
eJuice : The Vape Guy - Kiwichi
@BumbleBee
eJuice Mix : 60/40
Nicotine : 0mg
Purchased : 22/12/2017
Stored : 2 Weeks
Assembled : 05/01/2018

921CF65F-BF55-46FF-BECB-80620A33F863.jpeg

3BE3792B-0145-45DD-8CB1-C02B6563C75E.jpeg

19AEDEF7-AD74-4D92-A850-5469823F1427.jpeg

C913E9DF-A6BF-4123-A418-75006EAA0F5A.jpeg

3544B302-65F4-4C96-ADFF-1DBE1CA46702.jpeg

Hi @Johan Marais

The Zeus is an Awesome Amazing Outstanding RTA - and it works - it doesn’t leak - and it delivers on Flavour and Clouds.

The last thing you want is loose interest - so a fine touch of patience is kindly suggested.

This Tank’s best Friend is a multi-strand Coil - there are plenty of them out there - so you need a little time to evaluate your options and your Vaping style.

I have ventured into the Complex Coil Options and have Treasured and Appreciated the time - effort and energy that @smilelykumeenit spent helping me get my Complex Coil Options on the go.

So - here is some information that I hope helps you find the solution to your Flavour requirements from the Zeus RTA

All the best and please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

RTA - Single Coil Build
@smilelykumeenit
@BumbleBee

View attachment 118922

View attachment 118923

View attachment 118924

View attachment 118925

View attachment 118926
nice looking mod you have there

Interesting thread guys, some great advice. Also loving the Zeus but would you fellow users agree that is a (very) thirsty little thing?

Hi Guys - Wow thanks for the awesome replies and advice @vicTor @Moerse Rooikat & @Max

Yeah i must say I still have my Ammit Dual Coil 25mm RTA and love it, but the Zeus Rocks and I appreciate the NO Leakage compared to the Ammit. Its just a solid well build compact and Sexy Tank. But yeah it is a Little thirsty bugger and goes faster through E-Juice than a Mental Hospital on Happy Pills LOL - I would definately give the Fused Clapton a go as I read on other places on the Net too that its the way to go with the Zeus. The SS worked so nice in the Ammit Dual Coil but not on this new baby. Once again much appreciated ;););)

Hi Guys - Wow thanks for the awesome replies and advice @vicTor @Moerse Rooikat & @Max

Yeah i must say I still have my Ammit Dual Coil 25mm RTA and love it, but the Zeus Rocks and I appreciate the NO Leakage compared to the Ammit. Its just a solid well build compact and Sexy Tank. But yeah it is a Little thirsty bugger and goes faster through E-Juice than a Mental Hospital on Happy Pills LOL - I would definately give the Fused Clapton a go as I read on other places on the Net too that its the way to go with the Zeus. The SS worked so nice in the Ammit Dual Coil but not on this new baby. Once again much appreciated ;););)

I have two Ammit dual and one single. Love them to bits

What coils do you use in you Ammit Dual Coil 25mm RTA? Which one gives best flavour? Wire/Wraps/Diameter/OHM

Would Appreciate man :)
i did allot of experimenting let me make a new post and we can talk about the ammit will post the link here wen done

Hi @Johan Marais

RTA - Single Coil Build
@smilelykumeenit
@BumbleBee

View attachment 118922

View attachment 118923

View attachment 118924

View attachment 118925

View attachment 118926
Perfect positioning of the coil for the Zeus and spaced perfectly, i can taste the flavour just looking at the pics!

does anyone else get spit back on refilling ?

I have tried tight coils and spaced, normal 26, 24g and fused claptons. I have recently started getting nasty spit back on refilling.

Please provide pics of wicking, no matter how much or little wick I have I get shot in the face on firing. I know im doing something wrong just dont know what.

I have tried tight coils and spaced, normal 26, 24g and fused claptons. I have recently started getting nasty spit back on refilling.

Please provide pics of wicking, no matter how much or little wick I have I get shot in the face on firing. I know im doing something wrong just dont know what.

Well yeah I must say I have had some nasty spit backs too ........ I few things I realized about the ZEUS to minimize this:

1. Don't fill all the way to the top (Over filling)
  2. Make sure you fill up slowly. I realized pumping e-juice into the tank too fast sometimes makes it end up somewhere unwanted like between the air vent post holes causing a gargling noise followed by spit back.
  3. Maybe other guys can also give some input as to how to avoid the spitback or get rid of it ;)

Love that this tank has given me NO leaks so far. But I am struggling to get good flavour from it. I used Fused Claptons and Aliens and did everything I can to try and get the flavour better regarding coil positioning etc etc. Perhaps my wicking is the problem? Any advice or how do you wick your Zeus?

try a smaller coil in wraps half ure wraps

Love that this tank has given me NO leaks so far. But I am struggling to get good flavour from it. I used Fused Claptons and Aliens and did everything I can to try and get the flavour better regarding coil positioning etc etc. Perhaps my wicking is the problem? Any advice or how do you wick your Zeus?

When I wicked my buddies, used streaky cotton, cut wicks about an atoms length away from the bottom of the juice well and thinned it quite a bit, also made sure the cotton wasn't ahhh rolled (strands were straight as possible)... Can't remember how tight I did it though haha

Was no complaints of muted flavour so perhaps it's worth a shot Mr Weiner unless you've already tried this way

Back