Geekvape ZEUS Tank Coil Build? Best Coil Build?

I use 26g SS, 3mm ID, 6/7 wraps ohms at around 0.53 - 0.6. Coil aligned to be in the center of the 3 rows of air holes and straight through the two air hole posts. Vaping at 25W it gives me awesome flavor with quick ramp up.

Last edited:
Love that this tank has given me NO leaks so far. But I am struggling to get good flavour from it. I used Fused Claptons and Aliens and did everything I can to try and get the flavour better regarding coil positioning etc etc. Perhaps my wicking is the problem? Any advice or how do you wick your Zeus?
@Rooigevaar, make sure to line up the coil between the posts and thin out the ends when wicking. They should also not protrude from the wicking holes, You will only get flavour if this is done. I have a 3 mm I'd 5 wrap FC in mine running at about .21 ohm and the flavour shines. It really does not like to be overwicked.

does anyone else get spit back on refilling ?

I have tried tight coils and spaced, normal 26, 24g and fused claptons. I have recently started getting nasty spit back on refilling.

Please provide pics of wicking, no matter how much or little wick I have I get shot in the face on firing. I know im doing something wrong just dont know what.

Mate, I am no expert but when I first started using the tank I was getting awful spit back. Turned out the nozzle from the bottle I was filling from was not feeding slots nicely and was getting juice in the chimney. I placed some tissue in chimney when I was refilling from said bottle and problem was resolved. Might be worth checking before looking at the problem being coil related. Good luck.

Hi @Rooigevaar - Cotton Candy for me and as per @Room Fogger above and....

When I wicked my buddies, used streaky cotton, cut wicks about an atoms length away from the bottom of the juice well and thinned it quite a bit, also made sure the cotton wasn't ahhh rolled (strands were straight as possible)... Can't remember how tight I did it though haha

Was no complaints of muted flavour so perhaps it's worth a shot Mr Weiner unless you've already tried this way

I build for the better half and in her zeus, I have a 2*28g Ni80 clapton with 36g Ni80 6 wraps 3.4mm ID about in the center of the airflow, .58ohms at 35w and ramp up quick as a house fly and solid flavor!

I need something leakproof, and the OBS Engines are getting a bit long in the tooth now - just as long as I can get the same flavour out of this beastie, I'll happy;)
Depends on build I think, but nice clapton and you set!

If you like the OBS, you will love the Zeus. Wicking does need played with abit even though its so easy to wick.
That is what I wanted to hear, thanx @Rafique, xx
Between the Reloads, Mizers, Wake and Petri RTA, I need something that can take extreme heat (struck 50 celcius in Kruger last week) without peeing down my mod and hand.

That is what I wanted to hear, thanx @Rafique, xx
Between the Reloads, Mizers, Wake and Petri RTA, I need something that can take extreme heat (struck 50 celcius in Kruger last week) without peeing down my mod and hand.

All great RTAS but yes with the heat, bottom airflow is a mess. another thing is that the airflow of the Zeus is super smooth, I think abit more airy than the Wake.

Mate, I am no expert but when I first started using the tank I was getting awful spit back. Turned out the nozzle from the bottle I was filling from was not feeding slots nicely and was getting juice in the chimney. I placed some tissue in chimney when I was refilling from said bottle and problem was resolved. Might be worth checking before looking at the problem being coil related. Good luck.

I forgot the mention, Spit back is only on Exotic coils, stapled or fused claptons. With spaced 24g SS, its perfect but I want abit of a more warmer vape

hi @Johan Marais

the Zeus rocks right !

i do a 3mm diameter 6 wrap but spaced coil using N80 fused clapton 3x30ga + 38ga (this for me is way better than the coils it came with - which weren't bad I must say)

i find positioning the coil about in the center of the posts works for me, also don't try and straighten the coil to be parallel with the posts, leave it skew (if you know what i mean) - also you don't necessarily need to space the coil, but i prefer it

Hi Victor, I am struggling to find the Wire you mentioned, however I want to find out what you would think of using this wire as a SUB ....also fused clapton from Geekvape themselves? Looking for a 0.3 Resistance ..... wraps?

Attachments

• Geekvape.JPG
    Geekvape.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Hi Victor, I am struggling to find the Wire you mentioned, however I want to find out what you would think of using this wire as a SUB ....also fused clapton from Geekvape themselves? Looking for a 0.3 Resistance ..... wraps?

You'll need about 9 wraps at 3mm in order to get there...

If you can get a hold of the 28x3 variant

6 wraps at 3mm will get you around 0.3 Depending on the length of your coil legs :)

Hi @Johan Marais - what @vicTor said about his Coil 3 x 30/38 Aliens - I Sincerely recommend that you chat to @smilelykumeenit and get a copy of his menu - Victor’s Coils and the ones I’m using - Framed Staple - as mentioned earlier in this thread - are on his menu.

He can practically make them and ship them on the same day.

Hope that this helps.

hi @Johan Marais

this is exactly the wire im using, I find it works very well for me in my Zeus, keep in mind that the only other coils I have used are the coils the tank came with, so i cant really say that this wire is the best out of all other builds mentioned in this thread.

this is what makes vaping so much fun, there is no exact way which works for everyone, we all learn by experimenting what we like most.

some advise would be to hang in there and experiment till you find your happy place.

let us know how things go and ask as much advise here as you need

Howsit everybody

Great thread as I have just received my Zeus from @Havana Vape Club on Saturday and I am loving it.

Fitted a Geekvape Ni80 flapton with a 3mm ID and 6 wraps coming in at 0.30ohms.

The cloud production is beautiful,though I am getting a very slight spit-back but I am assuming that it is because of the coil itself.
Also getting a very slight mute on the flavour side-I can taste what I am vaping but not getting outstanding flavour at all.
Perhaps I will go with 28*34ga clapton next and see where that takes me.

@BATMAN there is a bit of spitback especially after filling as this thing wicks fast. If you are getting muted flavour it may be due to new cotton, or overwicking, but as you are getting good cloud this may not be the case? I did a rewick to take photos for another member as he was having a problem, Don't know if it will help you but attaching the link. Haven't used Flapton yet, but Fused is the way to go imho.

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/if-you-were-going-to-buy-an-rta.t46608/page-2#post-631458

I was just about to link to that thread. Helped a ton. I have since thrown in a 5 wrap coil with larger ID. I do keep the build parallel to the airports now. I'm enjoying it far more. This tank seems to shine with certain flavours and lacks with others imo. I'm still using it over my OBS and will do so for at least another week.

KZOR made some unique squiggly coils for me and they are fantastic.

I do get spitback - usually after refilling. My work around is to do a little purge before each draw. This will stop spitback and after 10 or so drags (with purging) the spitback vanishes. Careful though, I have managed to purge juice through the airholes.

1517213688890..jpg

@Room Fogger that was some solid time and effort spent there-thank you.

So,you say you get solid flavour that way?It really does make sense.
I am certainly going to try that out tonight or tomorrow at the latest and report back.Cant wait to get proper flavour out of this machine!

Back