Heads up!!

witblits_

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all members, just a heads up, i bought a mech mod and dripper for use with my cbd vape juice, and when i went to Postnet to find out wherey parcel is, they showed me pics of an opened parcel, and the two empty boxes,saying that they believe this was confiscated. R800 down the drain.
Hope everyone is having a better day than me!!
Greetings, witblits

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Yikes- that's not cool.
I didn't think anyone has the right to open and scan any parcel - especially in local context.
Could it not perhaps be that someone in the value chain figured it out and just helped themselves to the stuff?
I'm also pretty certain that if stuff is detained/ confiscated then such information would be relayed to both the sender and receiver prior to delivery being accepted. Usually the whole parcel gets confiscated and you would never receive it - so maybe someone just took a chance and stole the stuff.

If this is true then it also means that our local parcels are being inspected. And that may be a problem for alot of us right now.
I havent had an issues yet with TCG and DawnWing (probably received and sent over 20 parcels without issues in the past 3 months) - however i now have an aramex parcel which was handed to aramex cpt on 24 June and hasnt moved an inch out of their warehouse in CPT (based on tracking status) since then.

Yikes- that's not cool.
I didn't think anyone has the right to open and scan any parcel - especially in local context.
Could it not perhaps be that someone in the value chain figured it out and just helped themselves to the stuff?
I'm also pretty certain that if stuff is detained/ confiscated then such information would be relayed to both the sender and receiver prior to delivery being accepted. Usually the whole parcel gets confiscated and you would never receive it - so maybe someone just took a chance and stole the stuff.
Yes sir, that is very possible. I guess it wss wrong of me to assume.

sorry to hear
Thanks vicTor, i feel a bit better now. This happened yesterday, and the tracking stopped tracking tracking on the 29'th,the day ut was sent in Joburg.

Yes sir, that is very possible. I guess it wss wrong of me to assume.

I hear you loud and clear. I even know of a few people who are dispatching couriers using other company's courier accounts - so the waybill says it is being sent by "xyz airconditioner repair services" and is less likely to draw attention to the package.

Whats also odd is that im pretty sure the restriction on "tobacco and ecigarettes and related products" is primarily on the sale of the goods.
Surely if one friend is donating something to another friend then theres no violation.

Also- if someone stole it, i hope they have a lekker battery vent in their pocket !!

Whats also odd is that im pretty sure the restriction on "tobacco and ecigarettes and related products" is primarily on the sale of the goods.
Surely if one friend is donating something to another friend then theres no violation.

Also- if someone stole it, i hope they have a lekker battery vent in their pocket !!
Lol, thanks Mr. Adhir. What's gone is gone, i'll let it go, that's life i suppose... Sad thing is i don't even have memories of using it to hold on to. The person probably doesn't know what it is if it was stolen.

But i take full responsibilityand loss, i knew what i was doing and i took the chance and recieved my hiding. Will now unfortunately have to wait till this ban goes away before i will take suvh an chance again. I can't say i agree with the ban, but it is law, so yes i newd to abide

But i take full responsibilityand loss, i knew what i was doing and i took the chance and recieved my hiding. Will now unfortunately have to wait till this ban goes away before i will take suvh an chance again. I can't say i agree with the ban, but it is law, so yes i newd to abide

Chin up boss.
Losing 800 bucks is still better than getting arrested over a parcel.
Granted getting your parcel would have been better than losing 800 bucks.
But such is life.

Hi all members, just a heads up, i bought a mech mod and dripper for use with my cbd vape juice, and when i went to Postnet to find out wherey parcel is, they showed me pics of an opened parcel, and the two empty boxes,saying that they believe this was confiscated. R800 down the drain.
Hope everyone is having a better day than me!!
Greetings, witblits

All parcels are inspected anyway via xray machine, but given that vape and tabacco products are banned and the fact that they probably saw tube like item (which probably looked suspicious anyway) that's pro ably why they confiscated it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

PostNet has a sign on the front counter stating that they may open parcels to inspect content.
I have sent a few to people, but always tell the people at Postnet that I am shipping glass and metal replacement parts.

True, when they asked me whatbit was i said a vape for my cbd. But anyhow, they could have just let me know which they didn't. Customer service lacking from their side, plus the owner is totally anti-vape and pro stinkies.

i have received Vape Mail through couriers and have had no issues
there was a delay with Aramex in CPT due to a covid 19 and logistic issues(parcels arrived a day late)
i think your stuff was stolen....

there was a delay with Aramex in CPT due to a covid 19 and logistic issues(parcels arrived a day late)

my aramex parcel is still on same status for over a week - hopefully it arrives soon enough.
Not in the mood to lose money !

If this is true then it also means that our local parcels are being inspected. And that may be a problem for alot of us right now.
I havent had an issues yet with TCG and DawnWing (probably received and sent over 20 parcels without issues in the past 3 months) - however i now have an aramex parcel which was handed to aramex cpt on 24 June and hasnt moved an inch out of their warehouse in CPT (based on tracking status) since then.
@M.Adhir was this parcel sent from an outlaying area in CPT? Had the same issue about two weeks ago. Aramex could not tell me when and who picked up the parcel. I had to call the pick n pay store manager and she checked the log sheet as they keep one waybill as the package leaves the store. Once I knew that it actually was sent out and not missing I felt better. The store manager also told me it wasn't Aramex that fetched the parcel but RTT. Checked their site and I was able to track which I wasn't able to do for two weeks on the Aramex site. Give it a try.

@witblits sorry about your loss but also feel your package was stolen and not confiscated. I sold off a lot of my stuff in the past month and had no issues. Including a small bottle sanitiser inside goes a long way ;)

all my parcels had 120mls of sanitiser and they all arrived....

Have to agree, probably a vaper who spotted the stuff and took an easy score.

I thinknit got stolen too, msybe whoever took it needs ut more tan me, hopefully the person can quit ciggies too.

Apologies for spelling errors.

Yikes- that's not cool.

I’ve had parcels opened before and there has always been a Customs and Excise seal on the box saying that this has happened. I suspect someone just helped themselves.

Back