Introduce Yourselves:

My ego flea market specials look like the leaning tower of pisa

Thanks Silver!!

"vaping senior"....dont know about that, just really passionate about vaping.

Well I started smoking in High School at about age 16 and haven't stopped or was planning to stop since I discovered Vaping. In Asia a pack of cigs go for about R5.00. A co worker of mine showed me one of those disposable ecigs one day at the office. We told him he'll be back on analogs in no time. Well weeks passed and he was quite content. So I bought some just for laughs and decided to give it at least a couple of days. Well by day 3 or so I noticed that my sense of smell started to come back. So what the hell I went and bought a few more because I still got the nic buzz from them. I started to feel better and could climb the office stairs without heaving. So I started researching online and read anything I could find.

From there I upgraded to cartridges and early rechargeable batteries. Then I discovered Hangsen Juice from China and when the first Ego style stuff came out I thought I was in Vaping Heaven. So I have been following every trend and new shiny shiny since. I got a couple of trusted mods, rba's, drippers and tanks. So what started as just a simple disposable ecig now turned into a full fledged hobby.

Juices. Now that is where my passion has been lately. I became good friends with a guy that opened the first Vape store in Taipei. He became passionate about vaping but wasn't happy with the quality of the stuff they were selling at the night markets (Hangsen & Liqua fakes). So when he opened his store he imported his flavours from the US and Europe and started to carry his own line of juices. Very good stuff! Since he knew I was a graphic designer he asked me to design the juice labels for him and that is how we became friends. I spent many a Saturday afternoon helping him mix juice and coming up with a line, all just for the fun of it all.

I brought a stash with me to South Africa but it's running seriously low. So been saving it and vaping the odd Liqua & Totally Wicked (Yuck) to make it last. I thought about just getting some more from Taiwan but just didn't feel like dealing with customs (had enough trouble just to get my two cats into the country). So that is how I discovered this forum, and found out there is actually a quite ACTIVE Vaping community. Also found I could get my hands on flavours and bases locally.

I got some PG & VG and a couple of flavours coming and will be mixing very soon. I'll keep you guys posted how things go once I am up and running. In the meantime I am vaping on some VM Juices. Bliss!! @Oupa good job on these juices!

Sorry about the wall of text. :-(

Last edited:
Thanks @dragontw
Most interesting and thanks for sharing and taking the time to write
Let us know how your mixing goes!

Glad you found the forum and hope you enjoy it and can learn something from the amazing vapers here as well as teach us a few things.

Bu Ke Qi @johan

(Took me a bit to understand what you wrote since I am used to Pinyin, but I got there)

Last edited:
Bu Ke Qi @johan

(Took me a bit to understand what you wrote since I am used to Pinyin, but I got there)

Unfortunately this forum doesn't accept anything else but western characters, so I tried to do phonetically and well, at least you got the drift.

Hello all.

Let me tell you my storie.
I've been a smoker for at least 12 years now, for the last 8 I've been smoking 2 packs a day.

Last week I went to the doc because I have been sitting with some heavy chest pains. We'll end up smoking does take its toll. Lol. I've been told to stop smoking as soon as possible but to be honest that is not so easy.
I've tried to do it cold turkey but does not even last a day.

My friend told me about vaping and I have tried vaping his, I seem to like it and want to try it.
I just sitting with 1 problem. It's a huge expense. I see there is a huge amount of vape equipment and it difficult to choose. I used my buddies "vv" device, witch is awesome, but the normal batteries just doesn't work at all.
Seams to me you have to go Vv.

I'm not a very rich man and it seams like this is a "rich man's" habit.

My friend told me to look up this website and join.
Said it's very helpful and there is a lot of amazing people on here.

So here I am, looking for advice and some help.

I'm looking forward to see what the hole vape thing is about.

Welcome @CapeVaper, you cant go wrong with a VV, but as you say it's a bid expensive to start. But if you take your cig money and use that to buy your equipment. It's rely not that bad.

Good luck ;-) and enjoy

It's seams my smoking habit can't even buy a vv battery, never mind a whole kit and juice.

a very warm welcome to CapeVaper :rock: what does your budget look like for your vaping equipment and juice?

Don't really have a budget to get started. Trying to find out how much I need.

okay if the budget's not that big and you are wanting VV, i would def look at the The iTaste VV, it has pass through which means you don't need a backup battery cause you can vape and charge at the same time, plus it uses the same charger as a blackberry or samsung phone... i suggest you come join us at the vape meet on saturday and then the guys can help you choose the right setup for your budget :)

Don't really have a budget to get started. Trying to find out how much I need.

Starter kits go for R400-500, and juice will vary depending on brand and usage. Unfortunately as a once off it is a whack of dough when you start out but don't cut yourself short in the beginning as the expense will drag on for longer.
MVP 2.0 @ R760, clearo tank and spare coils R500? Juice @ R300-R500?

So a R1700 layout. Deduct what you'd spend on stinkies in a month and only paying the extra as a once off expense. From there on out its only the juice and a spare coil now and again.

Even your really cheap packs of stinkies @ R16-17 (X2 packs a day) equates to just on R1000 a month.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone My name is Sean ,stopped smoking for 9 months started again , then I started vaping and never looked back :)

Back