Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
Well Vape Mail arrived bright and early this morning and I was hoping one of them was the new mPT3 and it sure was!

Normal packaging (smart and well presented and well protected!
mPT3-1.jpg

The unit with two coils and two spare O-Rings and two little pamphlets.
mPT3-2.jpg

No question it is a pretty tank... My pet peeve of wobbly drip tip has now appeared on the mPT3 just like the Aerotank and iClear X.1... it's not too bad but enough to stress me a little bit.
mPT3-3.jpg

How does she vape? I filled her with VM Choc Mint let her stand for a minute or so... set the eGo-C Twist to 3,8v... not sure if it's my imagination or the fact it's a new shiny pretty device or that it has a brand new coil or what... but this is a sweet sweet atomiser! It airflow is perfect for me albeit a little noisy but the vape is excellent! No doubt this is another rock solid winner for Kangertech.

mPT3-4.jpg

I will use it for a few days and come back and update the review once the excitement has worn off.

At this stage I have to give it a solid rating of really good... if the drip tip didn't wobble slightly I would give it an excellent! The standards for the new small atomiser has been set and the rest will have to follow.

The more I vape on it the more I think I'm just being a little pedantic about the wobble and it's not bad.

You will all want to add this awesome little tank to your Vape Stock no question!

Thank you, Sir. Great review, great and very useful pictures. Super to have dual coils in a small size clearomizer.

Nice report back. Does it have the same ml capacity at the previous mini?

Thanks @Rob Fisher
Nice writeup and good photos.

Looking forward to hearing how you feel about it in a few days and have done some refills etc

How does the bottom part unscrew? I know you were unhappy with the lack of a knurled finish on the mPT2. Still looks very smooth to me in the photos

@Rob Fisher , not really liking the look of it on the SVD. But it looks great, like a mini aerotank, on the twist!

So glad there's somebody to join me vaping on these little beasts now!

I agree the drip tip is a little wobbly, I wind up pushing it in a little tighter every time I take it out of my pocket. I tried it with a plastic flat drip tip I had lying around, fits more securely and looks pretty good, but restrics airflow so I ditched it!

@Rob Fisher , not really liking the look of it on the SVD. But it looks great, like a mini aerotank, on the twist!

So glad there's somebody to join me vaping on these little beasts now!

I agree the drip tip is a little wobbly, I wind up pushing it in a little tighter every time I take it out of my pocket. I tried it with a plastic flat drip tip I had lying around, fits more securely and looks pretty good, but restrics airflow so I ditched it!
Mine is almost here. Try the following: Take the drip tip o-ring off. Wrap some dental floss in there. Put back the o-ring, try it now.

Yip the mPT3 is certainly a Spinner/eGo-C Twist tank! For the others you need an Aerotank or Nautilus!

How does the bottom part unscrew? I know you were unhappy with the lack of a knurled finish on the mPT2. Still looks very smooth to me in the photos

Hi Hi Ho... I missed this message and found it again while playing with the mPT3 again... @TylerD wants me to try the Legends Lee again... so I'm cleaning out the mPT3 to put in some Bruce Baby!

As far as the smooth issues are concerned it's still exactly the same and all the same issues are there... not a tank you can mindlessly open and fill... you have to pay attention because you can end up with juice all over the place if you don't concentrate on which part is unscrewing because you never know which one is gonna unscrew first...

No question it's an awesome little tank and vapes brilliantly! On top of a Spinner or eGo-C Twist it's ideal!

Received mine today, gave it the vodka treatment and a bath. Filled it with a decent fruity juice. Am now on the last dregs of that tank.

Wow, this little thing with its dual 1.5 ohm coils is da bomb. Great flavour and vapour and above average throat hit. First tried it on the highest setting of the Vision Spinner, 4.8 V and no burning taste at all, but it hits my tongue just a bit too hard. Think it is the narrow drip tip that concentrates the vapour where it hits your tongue - numbs it. Dialled back to 4.3V and perfect. This is a more than worthy successor to the previous Mini Protanks, on which I "grew up" - so I am used to the slippery sides when unscrewing, but agree they could be "ribbed" to make it more user friendly. If I had this then, my vaping start would have even been easier. The drip tip on mine does not wobble at all.

This tank is not made for a non-VV or non-VW device, you need to be able to adjust the power for your taste and your juice. But the mPT3 can accommodate the full range of power, easily and with aplomb.

Can now confirm what I speculated on elsewhere: The mPT3 on the new Vision Spinner 2 (1700 mAh) or even the current Vision Spinner will be my vote for Select Pro Starter gear.

Many thanks for that @Matthee,

very good to know you like the throat hit.

Last edited:
I tried my mini protank 3 on the evic yesterday (yes it looks ridiculous but i was just testing!) cranked the power all the way to evic max of 11w, not a single burnt hit at all ever, was almost unbelievable.

Seems this mini pt 3 really handles it's power, i guess it makes sense, with the std 1.5ohm coil on a regulated evod battery you're already pushing it to (3.7*3.7)/1.5 = 9.13W which i actually feel is quite a good starting point, lower power loses too much vapor and flavour, higher power (i only tested to 11W) gives you a bit of a warmer vape and better vapour production.

my air holes near the bottom of the unit did get blocked up with something, not sure what yet, but i cleaned them out with a toothpick and the draw really opened up again.

Thanks for the review @Matthee

Quick question, are the mPT2 coils and mPT3 dual coils interchangeable?

I have to agree that Clearomizers of this year already have evolved soo much that if they continue at this speed RBA's might be in trouble lol :)

I will pay up for a pen-sized device that gives a dripper experience without any fuss or bother ;-)

Back