Kangertech Mini Protank 3

But this is not coil rebuilding, just fixing a standard leaking/gurgling coil.
Oh right, my bad.

Yeah flavour wicks will definitely help with gurgling and leaking

cotton works great, if you twist it, it goes through the coil really well, its does swell when it gets wet so less is more. I don't think it is possible to rewick a dual coil head without taking it apart though. Single coils work great :)

Yep the Kangertech quality control is non existant. I have had a pack of 5 dud single coils as well as a 5 pack dud dual-coils.

It is like playing the lotto.....tata ma chance.:(

Strangely, i have used Kanger coils for over a year already, and i haven't found a single dud. Evod 1 with long stem 1.8ohms ftw !! :D

On the mpt2 I've often had coils starting to gurgle or completely flood onto the battery. But, I've learnt to recoil. Not difficult, I just think it shouldn't be something one should have to do, ever - not on a commercial tank.

And it basically boils down to the badly made coils, that allow too much juice into the chamber.

I see the cover around the coil has holes in where the fluid goes into the coil. This can rotate. I'm gonna try tomorrow rotating it too make the holes smaller.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

I have also just bought a mPT3 and must admit I am very disappointed. No leaks, but vapour production is not even as good as my Evod1, Evod2 or Vivi Nova. Do I need to have a vv battery to get this mother pumping vapour?

I have also just bought a mPT3 and must admit I am very disappointed. No leaks, but vapour production is not even as good as my Evod1, Evod2 or Vivi Nova. Do I need to have a vv battery to get this mother pumping vapour?
What is the resistance of the coil in your mini pt3 ? If 2ohms, its too high for a standard ego battery imo. The 1.5 is good with a standard ego battery, but great with a Variable voltage battery.

What is the resistance of the coil in your mini pt3 ? If 2ohms, its too high for a standard ego battery imo. The 1.5 is good with a standard ego battery, but great with a Variable voltage battery.
It is the 1,5 with a Kangertech non vv battery. Occasionally it gets working properly, but only after 3 or 4 pulls. Also it seems to heat up quite quickly.

It is the 1,5 with a Kangertech non vv battery. Occasionally it gets working properly, but only after 3 or 4 pulls. Also it seems to heat up quite quickly.
Then perhaps you should try it with a VV battery before purchasing one, to see of you're happy with it. I quite like the mini pt3 with a standard evod battery, but its much better with a vv battery. I have also noticed that it struggles to wick at times with juices high in vg, but a quick primer puff or 2 works wonders. The original Evod 1 (with standard 1.8ohm coil) is still my favourite though, and to me, no other tank delivers the same overall experience.

Then perhaps you should try it with a VV battery before purchasing one, to see of you're happy with it. I quite like the mini pt3 with a standard evod battery, but its much better with a vv battery. I have also noticed that it struggles to wick at times with juices high in vg, but a quick primer puff or 2 works wonders. The original Evod 1 (with standard 1.8ohm coil) is still my favourite though, and to me, no other tank delivers the same overall experience.
Thanks for the advice. I also agree that the old Evod1 is a great tank.

:oops::oops::oops::confused:
Definitely! My 1.5 ohm coil was decent on a Evod, but the 2.2 ohm you had too pull for about 8 seconds to get a descent cloud. On the mvp it's amazing.
But I won't recommend buying one...
Upping the voltage also helps with flooding.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

And I quote again....."The original Evod 1 (with standard 1.8ohm coil) is still my favourite though, and to me, no other tank delivers the same overall experience"

:D:D:D Nuff said...Evods rule!!! (When they not gurgling....LMAO!!!:D)

The humble EVOD 1 scores highly on vape versus cost indeed
And easy to recoil

Would like to hear what the outcome is of your tests @Matthee. I know of a few people using a mini pt3 and new coils with no such issues. In fact, they praise the mpt3 with the new coils.

Ok, so used the upgraded coil unit (one with the slits on the sides) in the mPT3 and no problems whatsover. Finished a whole tank.

Ok, so used the upgraded coil unit (one with the slits on the sides) in the mPT3 and no problems whatsover. Finished a whole tank.
Thanks for the feedback @Matthee. I expected them to work perfectly, because, as i've said before, i know a few people using them and have no such issues. Perhaps a bad batch of coils could have caused the leaks/flooding ? Come to think of it, a friend of mine had flooding issues with an Evod, and we could not figure it out. At the end, we finally came to the conclusion that he was sucking way too hard :D

Back