Load shedding.. are you prepared ??

Get ready for
e276f4b2ce7ccca0d4255fdf2983dbba.jpg

Message sent via tapatalk

What-does-that-even-mean-meme.jpg
Stage 1 is baba load shedding. My house has never gotten load-shedding even when it started in 2008 #brag.
Things might change. We never used to shed, as we are on Tembisa hospital's grid. That changed in December and we are also shedding now :(

Things might change. We never used to shed, as we are on Tembisa hospital's grid. That changed in December and we are also shedding now :(
Yea, I'm expecting it to happen. Possibly when Stage 4 load shedding hits.

Don't be surprised if we going to see a total blackout during 2015 - If it can happen in USA, whats the chances of not happening here?

The scary bit is, that it takes a 1'st world country on average 3 to 4 weeks to restore power after a total blackout.

Don't be surprised if we going to see a total blackout during 2015 - If it can happen in USA, whats the chances of not happening here?

The scary bit is, that it takes a 1'st world country on average 3 to 4 weeks to restore power after a total blackout.
Time to start stocking up on car chargers for your batteries :D

Cape Town – Eskom has initiated stage 2 load shedding after an earlier warning about a severely constrained power system and stage 1 load shedding.

The Eskom media desk told Fin24 that Eskom management is currently in an emergency meeting and could not say why there is a need for a higher drop in power.

According to the Eskom load shedding [schedule] website stage 2 is initiated “in some areas due to high demand or urgent maintenance being performed at certain power stations”.

Eskom has confirmed that stage 2 load shedding will continue until 22:00.

source: http://www.fin24.com/Economy/Eskom-initiates-stage-2-load-shedding-20150126

Eskom emergency meeting! Useless bastards are probably sitting around a table in the dark having made no provision for load shedding!

Eskom emergency meeting! Useless bastards are probably sitting around a table in the dark having made no provision for load shedding!
Least you know they are eating well, what with the R1.4b catering contracts they signed :wasntme:

Load shedding is crappy, no power and batteries almost dead, worst part is that I am not at home and dont have my UPS with me to charge up my battery. Now I have to stealth vape till morning to save some battery life.

We just came out of load shedding about 20 mins ago in JHB
Power went off at 6pm

I needed to do some work but when the power was cut it gave me an excuse to do a pitstop on the vaping devices
I put on my headlamp and a LED handheld lantern - was quite cosy
but one takes it for granted how important light is when examining coils and rewicking ;-)

Someone on MyBB posted this article in a comment on one of the Eskom articles...it's the Transvaler Newspaper from 1947

Transvaler 1947.jpg

For those that don't read Afrikaans it says:

"City comes to a standstill
Power outage for 35 minutes
Traffic most heavily affected"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've ordered a 12000mah powerbank to keep my batteries charged :D

Well loadshedding this side. Have my geni roaring outside.

Send while vaping on the Reo mini Thor

Back