Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Tokolosh does actually have negative connotations

While i do quite like the way we all refer to it as Tokolosh and dont mind if this is actually what we end up calling it, can we not spend a little time brainstorming some other names

If we dont find anything else we like, then tokolosh it will be. I just think the name is quite important so we should do a bit of thinking on it.

Lets take a moment to think what this device stands for. This may give us some help in coming up with a name.

In my mind the device stands for the foolowing:
- proudly South African
- a bold venture by vapers for vapers
- a true performer that kicks butt in all vaping dimensions
- performance, durability, quality
- flavour, throat hit, vapour machine
- strong

The above do not come to my mind when i think of tokolosh

Perhaps, we should call it an animal name
- leopard

Just thinking aloud here, please feel free to add your views

Have been pondering this as well. Agree with @Silver - Tokolosh will have some negative connotations, which could backfire on us. Let's debate the name some more. Any suggestions for an other name will be more than welcome.

Agreed. I know I suggested the Tokolosh, but I know it might backfire later.
Gooi with names. Would love to see what comes out!

then i vote for the tokkie, seems like a cool name. as for negative connotations, not really sure why some european/yank would go wobbly at the name but as an alternative i suggest Kalashnikov. the AK, made in a 3rd world country, fires even when dropped in the dirt, always works and does a lot of damage :)

then i vote for the tokkie, seems like a cool name. as for negative connotations, not really sure why some european/yank would go wobbly at the name but as an alternative i suggest Kalashnikov. the AK, made in a 3rd world country, fires even when dropped in the dirt, always works and does a lot of damage :)
I think the worry is more of a local nature.

Some sort of Greek or Roman god? Give more background please.

Greek demi-god representing ecstasy and wine. My impression is that to me a good ejuice is likened to that of the wine of the gods and vaping does give us pleasure if not ecstasy when we find the right juice and device combo.

@Silver your posting was really thought provoking and with hindsight fully agree. I also agree with most of the other member's suggestions above, but I think we should stay with names that are directly associated with Africa (hence Afriville). If we are fortunate to launch this unit internationally in some future time, a name that is unknown to the world out there, will just be another name. Just a suggestion: "Black Rhino" - The world out there now know about the critical Black Rhino decline in Southern Africa and we can even contribute a portion of the profit to a local support group/s that fights the poaching of same.

Here's a brain fart if there was ever one what about the madiba :D he is an icon for the changes he has made to this country which is represented by the changes this mod will make and has made to the forum

sent from my reonautical cloud machine

Here's a brain fart if there was ever one what about the madiba :D he is an icon for the changes he has made to this country which is represented by the changes this mod will make and has made to the forum

sent from my reonautical cloud machine
I like it!

I like the suggestions but i agree we should make it something African or rather South African.

As for Madiba, although i see the merits, i dont think it works too well in this context. Madiba is a person and for me his passing is still too fresh to call an object after him.

I like Black Rhino or even just Rhino. It is a tough animal and is strong. Nice thng about rhinos is their sense of smell (i assume therefore taste also) is brilliant because they cant see so well. Just think, with the Afriville Rhino, you can "give it horns"

Jakkals and wildebees are also good suggestions.

So far rhino or my original leopard suggestion are my two favourites

I really like the sound if "The Rhino", makes you think of something that's strong, sturdy, reliable and South African, it's a name people can relate to. As a brand it could have many possibilities.

Sent from the TARDIS

Maybe someone can get a poll going on various Name suggestions?

I like Rhino :) and maybe once its big we can start donating to the fight for preserving Rhino... Just a thought...

I think rhino is better than tokolosh

Anyone strongly against rhino?

Or have any other suggestions?

Seems its Rhino, except if anyone comes up with something better.

Lets leave it open for a while, but i am liking the rhino a lot
Lets see if anyone can come up with something that trumps rhino

Afriville Rhino

Tough, rugged and proudly South African.

Yip, I also like Rhino, but let's leave it open for a day or three for forumites to suggest names. Then, if required we can do a poll.

Rhino is great

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yip, I also like Rhino, but let's leave it open for a day or three for forumites to suggest names. Then, if required we can do a poll.

Agreed @Matthee.
In the meantime, if anyone else has any great ideas about naming - please go ahead

Afriville Rhino and Rhino cub

coming soon....

charging-rhino 640wide.jpg

What about Afriville V1 ( as in version 1) with Afriville mini and V2 to follow

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back