Paul’s conundrum?

So as instructed by @Intuthu Kagesi I started this thread because I’ve always been intrigued my MTL but can’t get it right. I don’t like the restricted draw at all BUT he’s convinced that any attie will be good eventually with enough fine tuning.

My problem is I like airflow. Mtl doesn’t have airflow. He thinks he can make this work…
I was exactly like this. Didn't work for me at all - too restricted, too strong and just made me cough. That until I tried a flavour that I actually vape daily (TKO LM) in 12mg. This in a Caliburn Koko Prime with the airflow open setting blew my mind. It's so smooth, without the ice (that is 90% of why I cough) and so flavourful.

Out for a day or out drinking for a night it's the most convenient thing to have. I can't live without it now.

I haven't touch any of my MTL tanks for close to 3 months. I think if you're comfortable with RDL/DL you should stick to that as it's farther away from the cigarette-like experience (unlike MTL) and it'll make it easier to quit, should you feel like it. My 2 cents
Definitely don’t want to smoke but was just intrigued by the mtl hype side of vaping but you probably right. I’ve done DL/RDL for so many years that mtl just won’t work for me. Never enjoyed it.

I haven't touch any of my MTL tanks for close to 3 months. I think if you're comfortable with RDL/DL you should stick to that as it's farther away from the cigarette-like experience (unlike MTL) and it'll make it easier to quit, should you feel like it. My 2 cents
Misunderstood your post my bad. Quit vaping, not smoking. Been a long day.

Dude, I can honestly say that if you could not even win with the Arbiter Solo on open airflow (which is nowhere close to MTL) that this is a challenge for you. But like @Intuthu Kagesi said, nothing is impossible with a little patience (which is something you have in abundance - or not...)

Give me your prefered Ohms and Watts and I will play with what I got to see if I can manage a flavour banger somehow, it's about time for a worthy challenge.

I know deserts and tobacco's are not up your alley, so will keep it to the fruity stuff, including but not limited to Red Pill.
Dude I get a super tight airflow on the arbiter. So where would ours differentiate :think:

So as instructed by @Intuthu Kagesi I started this thread because I’ve always been intrigued my MTL but can’t get it right. I don’t like the restricted draw at all BUT he’s convinced that any attie will be good eventually with enough fine tuning.

My problem is I like airflow. Mtl doesn’t have airflow. He thinks he can make this work…
Sometimes I vape on an MTL tank and want a. Little extra airflow at certain times.
I'll take a. Puff. On my setup but, I don't close my lips on the driptip and it allows for a bit more airflow.
You don't have to try this, but I know you're weird like me and eventually will
:D:D:D

Dude I get a super tight airflow on the arbiter. So where would ours differentiate :think:

Even on the smallest AFC and in MTL mode it is a loose MTL, more like an expro V4 with 4 holes open (which is not a bad thing). I just like my MTL toight... Kayfun Lite Toight

Even on the smallest AFC and in MTL mode it is a loose MTL, more like an expro V4 with 4 holes open (which is not a bad thing). I just like my MTL toight... Kayfun Lite Toight
I agree, with all bar liking my draw toit, and as I wanted even more airflow on the Arbiter, I drilled out the bottom airflow, (which resolved the problem, allowing the top adjustment ring to function on the top two settings, whilst concurrently resolving the nasty whistle). As Pauls preference is towards DL, I rate we increase the undercoil airflow leaving that tiny chamber with an MTL coil running around 10-15 Watts, and should have the draw he likes with MTL flavour levels ... and ... lets see what his feedback is ;) ... if this works as I believe it will, we can have a look at other coil options and possibly restricting the mouthpiece.

Last edited:
Ditto, @Paul33. I cannot do MTL at all ever. My first vape was a Twisp, an oldie - it was hard work.

Once I got the hang of DL atties, I never went back to MTL unless it was an emergency like I forgot to swap my batteries out before going to work and buying a disposable just for the duration of my shift.

I can do a restricted DL which is my Gear RTAs but that's about it.

I agree, with all bar liking my draw toit, and as I wanted even more airflow on the Arbiter, I drilled out the bottom airflow, (which resolved the problem, allowing the top adjustment ring to function on the top two settings, whilst concurrently resolving the nasty whistle). As Pauls preference is towards DL, I rate we increase the undercoil airflow leaving that tiny chamber with an MTL coil running around 10-15 Watts, and should have the draw he likes with MTL flavour levels ... and ... lets see what his feedback is ;) ... if this works as I believe it will, we can have a look at other coil options and possibly restricting the mouthpiece.
I chickened out I won’t lie. The last one was such a fail and gross that I couldn’t face it again!

Ended up on a 0.34 alien, 2.5mm, 22w. Airflow all the way open on the 3.5mm pin and side and back airflow. I like it.

I chickened out I won’t lie. The last one was such a fail and gross that I couldn’t face it again!

Ended up on a 0.34 alien, 2.5mm, 22w. Airflow all the way open on the 3.5mm pin and side and back airflow. I like it.
If it works for you, and you enjoy it, then stay with it :happy:

OK let me also use the term...
like my MTL toit. On the Arbiter I get a toit MTL, I don't know what's wrong with yours :D

Last edited:
OK let me also use the term...
like my MTL toit. On the Arbiter I get a toit MTL, I don't know what's wrong with yours :D
I can't even use my Arbiter on MTL mode. RDL mode is good though and i would use mine more often if not for the fiddly top cap. The intakes are much easier to fill.

update on my side:

I have given up on plain wire and given up on MTL. Its just not for me.

Settled on the boxxer V2 in the pulse mini with a 0.35-0.4 ish alien, 2.5mm, around 25w. its yum and works!

update on my side:

I have given up on plain wire and given up on MTL. Its just not for me.

Settled on the boxxer V2 in the pulse mini with a 0.35-0.4 ish alien, 2.5mm, around 25w. its yum and works!
images (26).jpeg

I can't even use my Arbiter on MTL mode. RDL mode is good though and i would use mine more often if not for the fiddly top cap. The intakes are much easier to fill.
I Was wondering why I never read anyone post about refilling :D.
For me it's OK I can live with that just because I get a supertoit MTL on mine.

It is just the way you remove the cap. It tends to turn to mtl mode which necessitates (big word that) fiddling to turn it back to rdl again. You probably don't notice. I have to admit that, same build 22awg comp wire at 25 w, the arbiter pips the Intakes and Dvarw clones on flavour. Don't let me put you off an Arbiter, they really are good

@Paul33 I know there are some people that use RDL but bump their Nic up to 6mg for a throat hit but obviously it can't be too much air as that'll just rip up your throat.

Back