Rayon Cellucotton Wicking Tutorial And Review

Hi Guys, need some help. Wicked my kayfun with Rayon, it's awesome. But after a few minutes the dry hits started. Stripped it apart, the wicks was still in a good position. None the less, Rewick and the same thing happened. Stripped it all apart again and uses cotton, no dry hits. What am I doing wrong?

I went away for the weekend for 3 nights, have this setup on my cyclone @0.32 ohms. Forgot rayon at home and it lasted comfortably for the near 4 days. I am well chuffed :D

2014-09-09 06.51.49.jpg

Hi Guys, need some help. Wicked my kayfun with Rayon, it's awesome. But after a few minutes the dry hits started. Stripped it apart, the wicks was still in a good position. None the less, Rewick and the same thing happened. Stripped it all apart again and uses cotton, no dry hits. What am I doing wrong?
You in the same boat as me bud. I have not been able to come right with rayon in a kayfun/russian. I always get burnt hits but cotton works just fine. I've tried all the suggestions and have now given up. I still use rayon in a dripper every now and then but I'm mostly on cotton again.

You in the same boat as me bud. I have not been able to come right with rayon in a kayfun/russian. I always get burnt hits but cotton works just fine. I've tried all the suggestions and have now given up. I still use rayon in a dripper every now and then but I'm mostly on cotton again.
Can I teach the coil master some rayon tricks ... :giggle:

Yeah please do.... Flavour I get Rayon is awesome
Sorry mate, have not used rayon in a Russian/Kayfun. Only use rayon on my dripper and Reo. I'm a lazy vaper and enjoy the flavour I get from rayon combined with not having to rewick so often. Also burnt hits aren't as bad as cotton.

Just got rayon I wicked it and found it dose not wick faster enough so a burnt taste I pulled it out n goon back to cotton

Just got rayon I wicked it and found it dose not wick faster enough so a burnt taste I pulled it out n goon back to cotton

Interesting.. for me Rayon wicks more effectively than cotton, likely because all the fibers are running in the same direction. And the flavour is cleaner.

Ah dude, you can't give up after only one try, keep at it, experiment with it, try a little more wick and try a little less. Once you've got it right you will not regret it ;)

Thanks will do maybe need to give it one more shoot

The peeps on ECF recommend you cut the tails of the wick for the Kayfun/Russian at an angle so one has less wicking in the tails than through the top part.

Hey guys I need a hand bought the hcigar kayfun today and I am puzzled u get a bag with o ring but this part I have no idea what it is for

Attachments

• 20140909_183711.jpg
    20140909_183711.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 30
Hey guys I need a hand bought the hcigar kayfun today and I am puzzled u get a bag with o ring but this part I have no idea what it is for

That is an insulator for your atty. Keep it in a safe place for when your atty's insulator melt some day, you'll be glad to have this spare.

I once had my Kayfun's insulator damaged and had to make do with a cut out from an old Credit card to get the Kayfun working again.

That is an insulator for your atty. Keep it in a safe place for when your atty's insulator melt some day, you'll be glad to have this spare.

I once had my Kayfun's insulator damaged and had to make do with a cut out from an old Credit card to get the Kayfun working again.
thanks a million how will I know when its time for replacement

A regulated mod will not fire the coil and read as 0.0 ohm or NON, in other words a dead short. On a mechanical mod the battery would probably vent or explode, always a good idea to check it while you're rebuilding your coil, but it shouldn't be a problem unless you're messing around with the positive section of the build deck.

Dame sounds a bit hetic with mec mods thanks a million this fourm is so helpful a 2nd family truly

Your atty will short if the insulator is damaged or melted so you won't get a resistance reading on your Ohm meter and the Atty won't fire anyway.

The insulators doesn't usually give issues accept if you fiddle with it when dismantling your atty's posts and maybe damage it or if you go very low Ohm I think there might be a chance of melting them due to extreme heat produced by the coil but not to sure about that, never happened to me, but then again I don't go below 0.6 Ohm anyway.

Mine got damaged when I tightened the bottom screw of the centre post too tightly.

So theoretically you shouldn't really have issues with the insulator but if you do damage it you'll be glad to have a spare around. They are not that easy to source. Non of the vendors in SA stock them as far as I know?

Hi @dr phil, hope you got sorted with your Kayfun and that it is vaping well.
Just a reminder, this is off topic.
This thread is about Rayon.
In future, please would you post your Kayfun questions in the correct thread. Perhaps the Kayfun/Russian Land forum
Here is the correct place and I am sure you will find lots of helpful info there.
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/kayfun-russian-land.86/

Problem is - when you change the topic, then the thread takes a turn in a totally different direction and it becomes difficult to later find info that you are looking for.

Back