Rayon Cellucotton Wicking Tutorial And Review

Hello All. After reading this whole thread I see that there are a bit of different views on rayon. Is the opinion still the same that rayon is a better choice over cotton and are you still using rayon instead of cotton? Or have you gone back to cotton rather?

I'm stuck on rayon, I tried some cotton the other day, and wasnt a happy chappy with cotton. Maybe I am just spoiled with using Rayon from my first build, but I think Rayon is first on my list and cotton will be a backup.

My perception from this forum and ECF is that most that have moved from cotton to rayon, have preferred rayon. As always, there are some that did not like the rayon. Personally I prefer rayon over cotton by far.

Although I use ekowhool exclusively, if I have no other choice I will rather use rayon than cotton.

I've been getting bored with my vape lately, just not getting the kick I need anymore. So what I am doing at the moment is gradually downgrading my setup. I've built higher resistance coils and turned down the power on all my devices, also switched from rayon back to cotton. Cotton is yuk! Once I get used to this again then I will start upping the power and switching back to rayon to rediscover how awesome it is.... kinda like resetting everything and having your first kiss all over again :D

Thank you so much to all for your feedback on this! Really appreciate it! It has really helped in making a decision on whether to try out rayon.

Rayon is good, but it does not agree with my chest (don't know why) So I'm back to cotton and my chest is happy again.

Hi all,
Need some advice on Rayon wicking please... when it works, the flavour in my Cyclone AFC with a single 2mm 0.6ohm build is absolutely awesome. But I've really been battling a lot with dry hits - I'm finding I have to squonk after each pull, but still finding it sometimes gets dry even before the end of the drag.
Bottom line is that I really want to get the wicking right because the flavour is just sublime. But the dry hits and constant rewicking is a hack. I've tried less wick, more wick, short ones, long ones, cutting the legs at an angle etc.

Hi all,
Need some advice on Rayon wicking please... when it works, the flavour in my Cyclone AFC with a single 2mm 0.6ohm build is absolutely awesome. But I've really been battling a lot with dry hits - I'm finding I have to squonk after each pull, but still finding it sometimes gets dry even before the end of the drag.
Bottom line is that I really want to get the wicking right because the flavour is just sublime. But the dry hits and constant rewicking is a hack. I've tried less wick, more wick, short ones, long ones, cutting the legs at an angle etc.

Hi @Darth Vaper
What juice are you vaping? What PG/Vg ratio?
And what is the resistance and ID of your coil?

I find I have to really stuff the rayon into the coil it must be super tight otherwise it kind of collapses in the coil and life is k@k. I'm a cotton guy though could not come right with rayon and I tried almost every suggestion. It would be fine for few ml but then the dry hits would start.
I also found it doesn't really work on subohm drippers or tanks, it doesn't keep up.
Maybe I was doing something wrong but I gave up after going through a meter of the stuff.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@Silver Mainly XXX. Some of @Rob Fisher 's personal mix which is 50/50, but also the standard commercial ver which is now 70/30.
Coil is a 2mm Kanthal at about 0.6ohm

Hi @Darth Vaper i agree with @Gazzacpt

From what I can tell Rayon doesn't wick as fast as cotton. And it needs to be packed in very tight because it shrinks when lubed up.

For me it's great on low power menthol vapes. At 50/50. About 15 watts or so.

Maybe try it with a higher ohm coil. Say around 0.9 ohms and pack it tight. It does have great flavour for menthol juices in my opinion. Crisp and pure

Last edited:
Hi all,
I think Silver has a good point,though not limited to lower wattage builds I find it shines on them.

Back