Rayon

Rather interesting observation after this post...

I had washed a set of used rayon wick after a routine cleaning of the Nuppin and left it to dry. Today I was a bit lazy to cut new wicks from scratch so I put the used and washed rayon back on. Figured I'm home so I can change it if doesn't work out.

Suprise surprise. I'm 3/4 way through a 6ml bottle on a used rayon wick and the flavour is still very good. Started off good, not the too crisp overpowering sweet flavour I experienced when I first put on a new rayon wick all the other times and it seems to be holding there very well. I haven't even changed batteries yet although it is a 2800mah 35A Efest so a bit more durable than the Smurfs.

Now I'm considering washing all my rayon before I use it and hopefully it will have the same effect.

Rayon works for me... it's pretty much all I use these days! With Menthols it's just so CRISP! :rock:

Rather interesting observation after this post...

I had washed a set of used rayon wick after a routine cleaning of the Nuppin and left it to dry. Today I was a bit lazy to cut new wicks from scratch so I put the used and washed rayon back on. Figured I'm home so I can change it if doesn't work out.

Suprise surprise. I'm 3/4 way through a 6ml bottle on a used rayon wick and the flavour is still very good. Started off good, not the too crisp overpowering sweet flavour I experienced when I first put on a new rayon wick all the other times and it seems to be holding there very well. I haven't even changed batteries yet although it is a 2800mah 35A Efest so a bit more durable than the Smurfs.

Now I'm considering washing all my rayon before I use it and hopefully it will have the same effect.

Great stuff @Ashley A
Maybe the used and washed Rayon is like a wick that has gone through its "settling in" process
But i havent really noticed settling in with Rayon. Its good from the start. I mainly use it on the fruity menthol juices

Great stuff @Ashley A
Maybe the used and washed Rayon is like a wick that has gone through its "settling in" process
But i havent really noticed settling in with Rayon. Its good from the start. I mainly use it on the fruity menthol juices

I noticed from all the positive rayon responses, that it seems like it has an affinity to menthol. I know @Rob's chicken dinner is coconut menthol.

I don't like menthol but rayon seems to be decent with ny Anbrosia after washing.

Last edited:
Back