REO - The Basics

All this praise for a REO is great and all the comments have been really good - and well done @Rex_Bael on your comments above - spot on.

However, to be fair, one also has to look at the negatives too

There aren't many, but here are some that I think are worth commenting on.

1. Its a mechanical. Not the REO's fault, but that's what it is. So as the battery drains down, the vape gets a bit weaker. Not good if you want a more constant vape from start to end (I have noticed a slight drop off on my regulated mods too, mind you, but less so than on the mech). The upside of the mech is that with the correct battery, you can go very low ohms and generate huge power - not that you really want to, 0.8 ohms and about 20-25W is the max I have gone so far and I am happy. The other way of looking at it, something @Cape vaping supplies said to me a while ago is that if you put in a new batt in the morning, then by evening time its a softer vape which can work for those who want a milder vape in the evenings.... So its not a major flaw, just something one needs to work with. Of course, an extra battery sorts this out in a second, given how easy it is to change batteries in a REO.

2. Changing flavours is so easy - but if the flavours are VERY different, there is a bit more hassle to get the drops in the feeder tube out. It's not just a matter of swapping the bottle. You have to blow through the mouthpiece closing the airhole. But there is still a bit of the old flavour there for a bit. Otherwise you need to flush it with water or vodka (I havent done that yet). I suppose this is a bit harsh to call it a negative since its still easier than cleaning a commercial tank and way easier in my opinion than thoroughly cleaning a Kayfun.

3. There is the issue of squonking. This can be seen as both a positive and a negative. It's positive because this is what enables the REO to give you a dripper quality vape with the convenience of a tank. But its still nowhere near as convenient as picking up a tank and vaping without having to squonk. I can do it now quite easily and it isn.t a big pain, only sometimes I feel I pick it up and just want to vape immediately, then remember I have to squonk. It's an easy price to pay in my view for the dripper vape quality but I am just mentioning it. If you are the type that sits at your computer and wants to just pick up and vape without pressing anything before hand, then you may find this a bit of a hassle.

Not saying the above three things make the REO a bad device. I am loving my REOs. Best vaping devices I have bought so far, by a long way.

I'm counting on the Rhino to sort out number one. :rock:

Toyota recently showed off some self-cleaning paint, I'm sure the concepts can be transferred to a self cleaning Reo :p

Now we just need to train some monkeys for the squonking issue... or a nano-swarm... and then the world!!! :devil:

Lol

Love it

We need an auto-feeding Rhino with self cleaning tubes

My sentiments really echo this comment I just found on ECF..

"Funny thing is when I first saw the Reo, I had a very similar reaction along with the "Hmmm, that's an odd-looking, perhaps even ugly mod... And my! Not cheap either!"

Like many here my journey in the world of vaping has been: Cigalikes; eGo with various cartotanks; exploring the world of e-juice; discovering boutique juice vendors; dripping; rebuildable drippers; a big jump to a Provari with a nice Genesis tank and a love of rebuilding in general; yet more toppers; DIY juices...

Now, I'd liked dripping the first time I tried it, but it was kinda a pain in the ass (giving a bottle a gentle squeeze every now and then really isn't, for the record), but it was doing DIY juices that really brought dripping back to the forefront. I was, after all, testing lots of my mixes and dripping is the way to do this. And I discovered that I really liked dripping! The flavor, the rich vapor... but still a pain in the ass. This was when I started to reconsider the Reo.

• Dripping without the pain of dripping? You've got my attention.
  • Rebuildable you say? You've really got my attention.
  • A mechanical mod? I've always understood the appeal of mechanicals, but the safety aspect always bothered me. Many don't have adequate venting so you have a potential pipebomb in your hand. Hmmm, that Reo has a great big hole in it, that battery can vent its ass off and I'm not worrying about shrapnel. You've got my attention.
  • Oh ....! You can wash it in the sink? You've got my attention.
  • Milled out of a solid block of Aluminum? Pretty much indestructable? Okay, you've really, really got my attention.
  • An amazing vape? I kept reading testimony after testimony from people on this forum I trusted about the quality of the vape. (Granted, dripping.) You've got my attention.
  • Pretty much leak proof? Travel friendly? Okay, let's talk.

I didn't start out liking the Reo. But as I learned more about vaping and learned what was disruptive and irritating about vaping (at least for me) the more I came to understand the Reo and its design."

Oh, I forgot one more thing

A rocker button that moves the coil up and down so you can adjust throat hit/flavour on the fly

Perhaps I can help you here, sure it's alot of money to spend when you can get a nemi and a KFL clone for a third of the price. That was my initial reaction based on seeing a few REO vids etc. But do remember it's an original device, and in that context is not expensive. How much does an original Nemi, Kayfun, or whatever go for?

I think that if you're looking for a device that will last possibly for you lifetime. It's cheap as chips.

Since I collected my reo, I have hardly touched any of my other mods, I don't have any issues with leaking tanks, vacuum leaks going in and out of a hot car with the tanks, messy drippers, the list goes on. Not to mention the flavour from the Reomizer is awesome.

I haven't tried the IGO-L, and if it's as good as the RM2 I'll def be getting one. All I can say is this, once you have a reo and use it for awhile, it's really hard to go back to anything else. IMHO.

I agree to an extent but not about flavour. Kayfun is miles ahead in terms of flavour compared to the RM2

I agree to an extent but not about flavour. Kayfun is miles ahead in terms of flavour compared to the RM2

I disagree, I have two KFL's here and a Russian 91%, also owned a full KF 3.1. They are all clones and work very well. But the flavour is no way better than the RM2, not for me anyway.

Thanks @Silver and @Alex - I was having difficulty cracking this nut. Hope it is clearer now @crack2483? Thanks heavens I am not a teacher, my skills at explaining clearly sucks.

@Matthee, for the record, your explaining skills do not suck at all
Actually the opposite in my view, as i and many others have experienced over many months!

@crack2483

i am nowhere near experienced enough with the REO to give you good solid advise or evidence, but....
all my comercial tanks: Nautilu, Aero, Aero MEGA, PT3, mPT3, iClear 16b have been cleaned and are now ornaments in my pretty vape stand.
My MVP, wooden spinner, Itaste VV, all of them are just standing in my stand.

i have considered starting a for sale thread to sell all of it, but i think i may want to keep it, for the hobby part of it.

i was on the list for the russian 91% coming in, i have since removed myself from that, as i know i will never use it. i wanted a HANNA MOD clone, i have changed my mind, as it will be pointless.

with all my tanks eventually they gurgle a bit and i need to take out the coil, clear the base of any juice that seeped through to the bottom, them clean out the air chimney's ect...set it all back and then i can vape - im sure you have had this on some of your tanks - no matter what tank - it will do this from time to time.

the REO, i got yesterday, has not even hinted to me at gurgling.. i am already used to when to squonk, its easy. i though it would be a pain and i really though nah im not gona like the REO, but alas - its the best thing since yesterday :p

I disagree, I have two KFL's here and a Russian 91%, also owned a full KF 3.1. They are all clones and work very well. But the flavour is no way better than the RM2, not for me anyway.

One should never compare clones to originals of another product thats not a fair comparison

Man, with your Reo you have some great hardware then - awesome.

I have very few things but I keep what suits my needs the best. I think the only clone I have left is a nemesis.

Awesome.jpg

As a current Reonaught that has been battling with the same questions, here is my reasoning behind finally admitting that I do want, nay, need a Reo.

I love my Russian and Kayfun to bits, but they are a PITA if you get the wick wrong and you are sitting there with a tank full of juice you have to work around to fix the wick. Switching flavours takes a bit of work. Small annoyances, but justifiable considering how satisfying the vape is.

Next in line is a decent RDA. There is absolutely no question that a dripper provides a heck of a vape once it's dialed in. Dripping and driving isn't a good idea. Carrying a juice bottle with you isn't too bad. Switching flavours and changing wicks is a breeze. Once again, the issues are annoying, but not insurmountable.

Enter the Reo. A single, convenient package that provides the supremely satisfying vape and easy access of a dripper, but adds the convenience of a tank that can be swopped out on the fly. The best of both worlds.

Since this is an original mod and not a clone, the price is also relatively easy to justify. In comparison, a genuine Nemesis alone will cost the same or more than a Reo Grand plus RM2. As will a Sigelei 20W plus a genuine Russian.

tl;dr The allure of the Reo is not one single aspect, it's the package. It seems to be one of those rare items where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.
??

To be quite frank. I dont think there is anything on the market to beat the convenience of a reo. its that one mod that just works every single time. I sat last night most probably for a hour or 2 to get the kayfun and russian build with ekowool working properly where as with a reo it would have been a 5min exercise. I like trying new things and having a reo and something else I will never really pay full attention to the new mods. I would most likely be back in reoville as soon as the budget allows it

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

I have found that some juices taste better in tanks then in a reo heavenly tobacco and bobas is 2 of them which I always have on tap

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

One has to ask - For a mod that has such a raving fan base, why are there no clones.

It just sounds like the most hassle free design, like as close to nirvana as possible - yet more intricate things get cloned.

Maybe cloners are afraid of the lunatic fan base 8--)

One has to ask - For a mod that has such a raving fan base, why are there no clones.

It just sounds like the most hassle free design, like as close to nirvana as possible - yet more intricate things get cloned.

Maybe cloners are afraid of the lunatic fan base 8--)

There are maybe not clones but copies of the basic design yes... Red Sky Mods and Pdib Mods.

How much does shipping work out to? For a reo that is.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Back