RTA's... +-2k.

Ruan0.30

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Sooo guys help me out... whats the best RTA lets say for less than 2k... not talking about these skylines and high end tanks.

I do love my Azeroth rta as seen in picture. Thinking of getting a proper Petri 24mm rta. Any other suggestions?
2a646c70fd071fba8cd3f509028573f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Agreed if you are comparing price for price. But the skyline authentic still wins the flavour race for the less than 30 watt flavour brigade of which I'm a part of. If you are on a limited budget the SM25 sure is the right choice. If you have a large budget then you will be very happy with the Skyline.

If one vapes fruit and menthol profiles i agree flavour is better in skyline but the SM25 produces better flavour on dessert and bakery profile juices than the skyline.

The BB is a great device but honestly all my RTA's kill it in the flavour department. Even my 2 year old Aromamizer v1 kills it in flavour.

Have you tried an authentic exocet in an authentic BB? I beg to differ... my BB setups are outstanding flavour devices and while they may not be quite as good flavour wise as the Skyline and Reaper I still prefer them for out and about because of thier juice capacity and battery life and ruggedness.

Have you tried an authentic exocet in an authentic BB? I beg to differ... my BB setups are outstanding flavour devices and while they may not be quite as good flavour wise as the Skyline and Reaper I still prefer them for out and about because of thier juice capacity and battery life and ruggedness.

Flavour is good in a exocet but like you say not as good as a skyline and thats why i dont get a BB.
Im all about flavour and if i can get better flavour off other devices why would i use a BB. But that's me personally.

@Rob Fisher and @Clouds4Days I mainly vape dessert style and cookie flavours.

An authentic beats ALL RDA's I've owned and this from a tank.
A BB with a doggy also beats all RDA's except that one tank.

Yes the skyline and BB are restricted airflow but that's also subjective.
Im glad the leprechaun and hadaly work for you. That's gold.
My BB and my skyline are gold.
#Just saying.

I don't see why we need to break down into price again as it seems to be the rat race people are falling into.

If it works it works. Bottom line.

We are turning into a society where everything is black or white. Your opinion matters and so does mine.

I'm not here to try and convince you my devices are better as they are not. They work for me.
As for staying on topic... @KZOR made a solid suggestion as well as @KB_314 .

I agree and i dont agree. The serpent mini 22 is very close in flavour to the skyline and when you compare the two flavour for flavour and price for price, serpent mini 22 wins hands down.

As for the reload. Havent tried it yet so cant comment on that but its basically a kylin that doesnt leak so i would say reload will win cause every one hates a leaking tank even though the reload is double in price it out weighs the hastles of the kylin.

The BB is a great device but honestly all my RTA's kill it in the flavour department. Even my 2 year old Aromamizer v1 kills it in flavour.

But the BB is a great AIO device but i dont really care much for a AIO device cause my leppy with haddly is even more compact than a BB so for me thats the perfect AIO device.

These are all my opinions, this is a forum and every one will have there own views and beliefs on devicesl.

And as said before @Ruan0.30 save your money.
Just think in a space of a year how much has a microwave changed, in a space of a year how much has a washing machine changed...
New car models come out every 5-6 years...

So how much can a Tank change in the space of a year....
You answer that yourself brother...
I just have to ask this and hopefully I won't get crucified. The skyline you tried, was it an authentic coiled and wicked properly?

@Rob Fisher and @Clouds4Days I mainly vape dessert style and cookie flavours.

An authentic beats ALL RDA's I've owned and this from a tank.
A BB with a doggy also beats all RDA's except that one tank.

Yes the skyline and BB are restricted airflow but that's also subjective.
Im glad the leprechaun and hadaly work for you. That's gold.
My BB and my skyline are gold.
#Just saying.

I don't see why we need to break down into price again as it seems to be the rat race people are falling into.

If it works it works. Bottom line.

We are turning into a society where everything is black or white. Your opinion matters and so does mine.

I'm not here to try and convince you my devices are better as they are not. They work for me.
As for staying on topic... @KZOR made a solid suggestion as well as @KB_314 .

100% for me leppy and Hadaly is Gold.

No brother as per my original post this is nothing to do with money, its too do with a new atty coming out every week.

I love trying out new stuff brother and will continue to try new stuff because im stupid like that.

But im trying to give solid and honest advice based on what ive vaped in the past.
If @Ruan0.30 really needs a new rta/rdta i can advice him on 20-30 other attys but what's the point if hes not gonna gain a much better vape from those attys.

I just have to ask this and hopefully I won't get crucified. The skyline you tried, was it an authentic coiled and wicked properly?

The vape i get from a skyline is good dont get me wrong but im bassing what i say as from my message above brother.

Instead of everyone going off and "giving their opinion" just give the facts.

Stick with the Azeroth , it's a 3 coil beast and no other dual or single RTA will tocuh it , it's just numbers ...

@Ruan0.30 stick with what you know .... until the 4 coil whopping 300W vaping mega tank comes out :p

Flavour is good in a exocet but like you say not as good as a skyline and thats why i dont get a BB. Im all about flavour and if i can get better flavour off other devices why would i use a BB. But that's me personally.

There are a couple of reasons... the first of which is the liquid capacity... second is the battery life of the DNA60 at 27 watts... thirdly is the ruggedness and pocketability of the BB. Going fishing for the day I take 2 x BB and a bottle of juice... the device is very happy in my pocket whereas a conventional mod and tank takes a massive amount of stress as I bend to net fish and sit in the low chair while hitting waves at 100km/h. The BB is just perfect for going out.

The flavour I get from an authentic exocet is really really good and close enough to the Skyline. Honestly if I was only allowed one device for some reason I would genuinely take the Billet Box and Exocet every time.

Sitting at my desk with all my juice and equipment I use the Reaper or Skyline.

Thanx alot guys!! Haha i went from the coil art mage rta to the azeroth rta and what a huge flavour gain i didnt even believe rip trippers after he said what he said on his review of the azeroth until i tried it myself... i dont have any problems with the azeroth just think the chimney is to long... so it could have been even better and i dont like tanks with long chimneys as im a huge dripper fan. I have my fantasi grape in the azeroth and its like nothing else ive ever tried. I just dont think paying 3500+ for a tank is worth it but i hope one day i get proven wrong by trying someones skyline.

In almost everything, it's a case of determining your quality v price sweet spot. Take alcohol for eg. You can drink meths and probably get lekker pap from it for cheap. Then you can move up to Tassies and box wine, then ordinary SAB beers and table wines, then into the cheaper spirits, then the better quality spirits and imported beers, then right the way up to Johnnie Walker Blue Label and collector wines. You don't have to drink a 25yo single malt collector's scotch in order to enjoy whisky. Some will be happy with Jameson's, some with J&B, some with a cheaper brand. How important is it to you?

Same with vaping. I am perfectly happy with the vape I get from sub-R500 and even clone atties. Yes, I could spend R3-4k on an atty and get slightly better flavour. Just like I could drink imported Belgian beer and get slightly better flavour than Castle. Is it worth it? Not to me. I'm happy with the taste of Castle. I don't have to try 47 641 other beers from around the world to try and find which is the best one. Same again in vaping. I'm happy with the atties I've chosen. Tbh there isn't much difference between all ten. I'd probably be happy with any of them.

It's also a case of how you choose to use your resources. I'd rather spend my time and money on learning mixing than experimenting with hardware. With mixing, you learn something new every time you mix and build your knowledge and expertise the more time and money you spend on it. With hardware, it seemed to me like I was on a treadmill, falling for one shiny toy after the next and never really getting anywhere or developing any skills. No matter what you buy, the next week's shiny toy is going to be better. It's a road to nowhere. So I got off that treadmill quite quickly - and have been much more content since doing so.

In almost everything, it's a case of determining your quality v price sweet spot. Take alcohol for eg. You can drink meths and probably get lekker pap from it for cheap. Then you can move up to Tassies and box wine, then ordinary SAB beers and table wines, then into the cheaper spirits, then the better quality spirits and imported beers, then right the way up to Johnnie Walker Blue Label and collector wines. You don't have to drink a 25yo single malt collector's scotch in order to enjoy whisky. Some will be happy with Jameson's, some with J&B, some with a cheaper brand. How important is it to you?

Same with vaping. I am perfectly happy with the vape I get from sub-R500 and even clone atties. Yes, I could spend R3-4k on an atty and get slightly better flavour. Just like I could drink imported Belgian beer and get slightly better flavour than Castle. Is it worth it? Not to me. I'm happy with the taste of Castle. I don't have to try 47 641 other beers from around the world to try and find which is the best one. Same again in vaping. I'm happy with the atties I've chosen. Tbh there isn't much difference between all ten. I'd probably be happy with any of them.

It's also a case of how you choose to use your resources. I'd rather spend my time and money on learning mixing than experimenting with hardware. With mixing, you learn something new every time you mix and build your knowledge and expertise the more time and money you spend on it. With hardware, it seemed to me like I was on a treadmill, falling for one shiny toy after the next and never really getting anywhere or developing any skills. No matter what you buy, the next week's shiny toy is going to be better. It's a road to nowhere. So I got off that treadmill quite quickly - and have been much more content since doing so.
I particularly like the treadmill analogy! Going nowhere slowly or fast in any case!

I'm have a JOL of note on the treadmill! But I am WAY more selective of picking up shiny stuff these days! :D
Haven't used my treadmill in over 4 years. Provided loads of entertainment for junior!

10kms on a treadmill is not the same as 2kms road running!

Yeah, if you enjoy it, that's what you must do. I know a couple whose life goal is to eat at every Michelin Star restaurant on the planet. It wouldn't be a priority at all for most people, they would plan their holiday around other attractions. For this couple, the restaurants in the area are the ONLY important thing. I swear, they'd book a holiday in radiation-glowing Chernobyl if they could eat at three Michelin Star restaurants nearby and cross them off their list.

Comparing vaping to alcohol, hmmm.. wouldn't you have to compare gear vs gear, as in mod vs glass? :-D and not a 14 year whiskey vs a O16 and Reo Grand...no?

ignore my brain farts :p

Well, do you get taste from the whisky or the glass? Although you raise a valid point that it's not just the gear in vaping, a lot of the taste is from the juice. That, for me, is where the biggest flavour gains are to be had. A poor juice in a brilliant atty is still going to be a poor juice.

Last edited:
I don't believe this thread ...... every fliggen thread in this forum these days get turned into a HE vs LE / Authentic vs Clone argument / debate edged on by the infamous Pit Bull.

Poor @Ruan0.30 just asked for advice on RTAs for around 2K and R3500 - R 5000 setups get argued against clones .... mental. Getting like DSTV - Boring, re-runs.

Last edited:
I don't believe this thread ...... every fliggen thread in this forum these days get turned into a HE vs LE / Authentic vs Clone argument / debate edged on by the infamous Pit Bull.

Poor @Ruan0.30 just asked for advice on RTAs for around 2K and R3500 - R 5000 setups get argued against clones .... mental. Getting like DSTV - Boring, re-runs.

Why you complaining @Deckie ?
You were one of the contributors to this discusiion in so far as hype and how you sold your Skyline etc etc - in post #14.

Haha chill guys... think im gonna stay with RDA... getting myself a proper squonker and a pulse 22. I love my vandy vapes icon... mike vapes really make cheap drippers that really beat a goon to its flavour and i really cant say if the vapor is any less. Im sure the pulse 22 will do the job for a low watt single coil proper squonker dripper so ill stay with my azeroth. Thanx alot guys for the help. Vaping is fun i dont need to argue about prices... a good proper vape shouldnt have a huge price tag to it anyway.

Sooo guys help me out... whats the best RTA lets say for less than 2k... not talking about these skylines and high end tanks.

I do love my Azeroth rta as seen in picture. Thinking of getting a proper Petri 24mm rta. Any other suggestions?
2a646c70fd071fba8cd3f509028573f6.jpg

Hi @Ruan0.30 , i cant advise you on other tanks compared to the Azeroth because I have not tried the Azeroth.

But in light of some of the other comments on this thread, let me say this:

Many of us are searching for that elusive perfect flavour device. For some, myself included, there is huge excitement in trying out a new device. Anticipating it. That first vape. Then tweaking the coil setup. Then discovering how the device performs best. And then finding the right juice for that setup. It's a great journey.

While i agree that buying each and every new device that comes out is not going to be fulfilling, i do think that taking the odd stop on the journey here and there and trying something that is highly recommended is great! Maybe try out what KZOR suggested - and let us know.

Hi @Ruan0.30 , i cant advise you on other tanks compared to the Azeroth because I have not tried the Azeroth.

But in light of some of the other comments on this thread, let me say this:

Many of us are searching for that elusive perfect flavour device. For some, myself included, there is huge excitement in trying out a new device. Anticipating it. That first vape. Then tweaking the coil setup. Then discovering how the device performs best. And then finding the right juice for that setup. It's a great journey.

While i agree that buying each and every new device that comes out is not going to be fulfilling, i do think that taking the odd stop on the journey here and there and trying something that is highly recommended is great! Maybe try out what KZOR suggested - and let us know.

Yip Reload is a great RTA another good option is the Omni Shaddow RTA.
Both produce quality flavour.

Back