Show us your Builds - Kayfun, Russians & Similar

I was watching some youtube video tonight, i think Grim Green, and he used some juice on the coil before threading the silica, that lubs the coil

Thanks guys. The pulling through idea did occur to me, but didn't even think of using floss. Will definitely try that.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk

I all my struggling last night, messed up my nice coil. LOL! Popped the old one in, but getting almost no cloud out of it. Could it be that it made a short on the base, as I might have pushed it down onto the base when pushing down the wick

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I all my struggling last night, messed up my nice coil. LOL! Popped the old one in, but getting almost no cloud out of it. Could it be that it made a short on the base, as I might have pushed it down onto the base when pushing down the wick

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Nice new tutorial here: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/kayfun-lite-build.6148/
And you need not use twisted 30g, your 28g untwisted will also do the trick.

So, i was tired of twisting the wire but still want to use 2 strands to get a low resistance, so i created "The Twins Coil" Its 2 micro coils merged into one. Wrapped on 2mm driver, 6 wraps and comes to 0.5 Ohm

THis coil produces the best vapor production i have had to date. Caution, its extremely thirsty.

View attachment 3747 View attachment 3748 View attachment 3749 View attachment 3750 View attachment 3751 View attachment 3752 View attachment 3753 View attachment 3754 View attachment 3755
VERY NICE IS THAT 26g WIRE?

Man I am chuffed with myself :) Woot woot!!!

28 AWG Kanthal A1
2mm ID
3 turns
0.9ohm

ugesama7.jpg

y6apuqan.jpg

Silica wick in the Kayfun, on the BEC Pro with a 1 sec boost at 15w and then down to 10w ..... AWESOME!

Man I am chuffed with myself :) Woot woot!!!

28 AWG Kanthal A1
2mm ID
3 turns
0.9ohm

ugesama7.jpg

y6apuqan.jpg

Silica wick in the Kayfun, on the BEC Pro with a 1 sec boost at 15w and then down to 10w ..... AWESOME!

Can't beat the feeling of building your own coils hey :D

so i was bored at home on monday, and decided to try some stuff

30g kanthal straightened out as per rip trippers

IMG_0797.JPG

the twisted them using the drill

IMG_0798.JPG

installed on the russian and glowing nicely

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

all wicked and juiced up

IMG_0803.JPG

vapes pretty decent, should have gone lower on the ohms though, but none the less, its a lekker vape

i still have this bad boy that needs to be used

triple flattened 30g kanthal

IMG_0807.JPG

Watch this space, going to try my first kayfun build with silica tonight

1.4 ohms, and I can run it at 6v!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414004009.140406.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice.... also tried the twisted and it is an awesome vape

Guys, I am doing something wrong with my Kayfun clone refills. Every third or so refill I manage to not "equalise" the unit properly and get juice leaking out the filler hole and air screw. I watched some videos showing to turn upside down, then fully screwing in the top, etc. So somewhere I am screwing it up every now and again :) How far do you have to screw in the top before turning it upside down?
I love this thing, but had to revert to my PT2 tank tonight while out, cause I had juice all ober the place :(
And once used to my own coil in the Kayfun, the commercials are sssooooo disappointing ;)

Guys, I am doing something wrong with my Kayfun clone refills. Every third or so refill I manage to not "equalise" the unit properly and get juice leaking out the filler hole and air screw. I watched some videos showing to turn upside down, then fully screwing in the top, etc. So somewhere I am screwing it up every now and again :) How far do you have to screw in the top before turning it upside down?
I love this thing, but had to revert to my PT2 tank tonight while out, cause I had juice all ober the place :(
And once used to my own coil in the Kayfun, the commercials are sssooooo disappointing ;)

Juice coming out of the air hole could be because your coil is to close to the deck, try lifting it a little. Also make sure that you have a finger on the air hole when you have the top cap off to fill with juice, when the juice is in replace the top by screwing it on about a third of the way, then flip it over and screw it all the way making sure your finger is blocking the air hole until the top cap is on all the way.

Those pinhole juice filling ports tend to leak, I plug mine on the inside of the tank with a toothpick. Just push a section of toothpick in there, make sure it's a tight fit and chop the end off with a sharp knife. Here you can see the plugged hole:

image.jpg

Last edited:
Juice coming out of the air hole could be because your coil is to close to the deck, try lifting it a little. Also make sure that you have a finger on the air hole when you have the top cap off to fill with juice, when the juice is in replace the top by screwing it on about a third of the way, then flip it over and screw it all the way making sure your finger is blocking the air hole until the top cap is on all the way.

Those pinhole juice filling ports tend to leak, I plug mine on the inside of the tank with a toothpick.
Ok, so maybe I screw the top in too far. Will check the coil, and probably plug he filler hole, don't use it in any case :)
Thanks @BumbleBee

Ok, I'm using different clones from you guys. but maybe this will be of help to @LandyMan

To get rid of a gurgle on the kayfun, you want to put a cloth, or paper towel, over the airhole, and then tilt it mouth piece down, and blow, untill it stops spitting juice out( don't get any juice in your eyes, it stings) you have to tilt it with the mouth piece facing down, otherwise you'll simply blow all the juice in the tank out of the air hole.

I'd strongly advise using cotton as your wicking medium in the kayfun, i've found it to be a lot more noob friendly with regards to gurgling.

My second recommendation, is to utterly disregard RipTrippers method of wicking the kayfun, on every occasion i've tried that, it has leaked, without fail. Rather, stuff your wick till it touches the bottom of the well (man that sounds bad). make sure its covering the juice channels. it'll take some trial and error,for you to know how much cotton to use, and how tightly to pack it. but. your leaking issues will be a thing of the past.

Back