Show us your Builds - User Made Tank Coils (Protanks, Nautilus Etc.)

Ah ok. I see. I missed that part of the leason. Ha ha.

I've only seen vids on single coils.
Thanks for the advice.
12 wraps sound like a lot hey. :lol:
10 to 12 wraps are my norm for single and dual coil

Remember with more wraps means more surface area and more surface area means more vapour

That one I made last night was 32g with 1.8mm id and 11/10 wraps. @MurderDoll download the vapors toolbox app to work out your coil requirements.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

10 to 12 wraps are my norm for single and dual coil

Remember with more wraps means more surface area and more surface area means more vapour

Wow! you are a serious bundle of information!
Thank you very much! I over looked all these little bits of obvious information.

That one I made last night was 32g with 1.8mm id and 11/10 wraps. @MurderDoll download the vapors toolbox app to work out your coil requirements.

Holy smokes! What a freaking cool app!
Saved that on my home screen for sure!

So yesterday afternoon I got some kanthol and decided to attempt rebuilding a coil in the aerotank.

Saw a video where a guy made a single micro coil in the aero.

Problem was it was all in Spanish.

So off I went.

Only have 32g Kanthol. Should be fine I think.

Built first coil. No idea what the od of it was as I couldn't find my vernier.

Did 8 wraps and this was the result.
uploadfromtaptalk1400930152146.jpg

Ha ha ha ha
Bit of an epic fail there.

So I pulled it apart and tried again.
This time I went nano size od. As in seriously small.

Went with 6 wraps this time.
This was the end result of that.

uploadfromtaptalk1400930241725.jpg

Much better!!
That's the avenue where I wanna hit it.

So I then close it all up and put it back together.

Thats where my next problem came in. It just flooded like a serious mofo. To the point where I could actually see the liquid dropping from the tank.

I lost hope for the day and pulled it apart and packed it away.

Need to figure out still how to prevent the liquid from flooding the coil now.

Thanks. Ha ha. Ill figure it out eventually. Just the wicking issue I have.

Might need to go for more cotton.

You figure it out, and when I get my firs thingy and try to build my first coil, I'll be able to ask you. :rofl:

if you have any older protank/evod coils, build the same setup in one of those. that should sort you out.
i see now the aerotank coil has a bigger gap in the sides to accomodate it's dual coilyness. maybe some small cotton pieces to fill the gap?

if you have any older protank/evod coils, build the same setup in one of those. that should sort you out.
i see now the aerotank coil has a bigger gap in the sides to accomodate it's dual coilyness. maybe some small cotton pieces to fill the gap?

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately I don't have a older single coil to use.

Will give it a try by smooshing some cotton in there to fill it up a bit.

so the nice looking coil didn't really perform on the igo w3, so i took it out and decided to redo it with a smaller inner diameter and stick it in a protank cup. got that done, glows nicely and still doesn't graft worth a damn. i'm over playing with very very thing wire. going to stick with normal wire guages from now on. but at least the coil looks nice

WP_20140524_024.jpg

so the nice looking coil didn't really perform on the igo w3, so i took it out and decided to redo it with a smaller inner diameter and stick it in a protank cup. got that done, glows nicely and still doesn't graft worth a damn. i'm over playing with very very thing wire. going to stick with normal wire guages from now on. but at least the coil looks nice

View attachment 5379
Does look damn nice!
Pity it doesn't perform though.

Hey @MurderDoll

Amazing that you went for the tough task of building your first coil in a aerotank dual coil cup
That is not easy. @BhavZ said it would flood if you built a single coil in there.

Really, try get a normal single EVOD/mPT2 coil, get 28g Kanthal, 1.5mm iD, 10 wraps and you will be sorted
You wont look back. Check out the RipTrippers mPT2 coil build video and you will find it quite easy
My mPT2 tanks are coiled at 1.5 ohms and they vape extremely well. I also use cotton

I saw a video where a guy wraps a coil around a cable/zip tie so it's oblong and then uses cotton in it.

Hey guys. I tried using a pt2 coild in my aero tank. It gurgles

I have sucsessfully built a single coil in my aero tank. 32G Kanthal. 5to6 wraps on a 2mm drill. Dont put the coild right at the bottom of the cup. Put it just a little below halfway. Wick with about 2/3mm diamiter cotton. Boom. Good to go

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

So I followed @BhavZ advice on building a coil for the aerotank.

3mm ID and 8 wraps using 26g Kanthal.
Ended up at 1.6 ohms and used cotton for the wicking.

I didnt make a tut as I thought I would have failed at it.

Lo and behold. It actually works!!
Zero flooding and it's vaping nicely!

Will finish this tank out and make a new coil. Just need to figure out a way to heat it so I can compress it nicely.

So I followed @BhavZ advice on building a coil for the aerotank.

3mm ID and 8 wraps using 26g Kanthal.
Ended up at 1.6 ohms and used cotton for the wicking.

I didnt make a tut as I thought I would have failed at it.

Lo and behold. It actually works!!
Zero flooding and it's vaping nicely!

Will finish this tank out and make a new coil. Just need to figure out a way to heat it so I can compress it nicely.
I am glad that you got it to work man, my apologies for the slight miscalculation, I didn't take the leg length into account.

I am glad that you got it to work man, my apologies for the slight miscalculation, I didn't take the leg length into account.

No problem at all!

I'm just glad I got it work without flooding.

At least now I know what to do. Can play around with it a bit to get it slightly lower.

Say whaaat?

Is that even possible?

Single Micro coil.
2 mm ID.
6 wraps.
26g Kanthal
Nautilus Aspire tank.

uploadfromtaptalk1401207416418.jpg

Letting this baby absorb onto the cotton nicely for a couple minutes. Then I'm gonna a fire her up.

It may not be too much wick but rather the wick is blocking the airholes a bit

Check to see that the airholes are not obstructed in anyway. Then check to see that airflow itself is not obstructed. Airflow obstruction would be due to ill placed wick or too much wick.

It may not be too much wick but rather the wick is blocking the airholes a bit

Check to see that the airholes are not obstructed in anyway. Then check to see that airflow itself is not obstructed. Airflow obstruction would be due to ill placed wick or too much wick.
Ok cool. Will pull it apart and move it around slightly. Think I might have put the wick directly onto the air hole.

Back