Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks heavens for a Reo - that is far too involved for this untech.

Reo is no contest, but the joy is in the building of the coil (along with the excellent vape of course). There is just something so rewarding from building your own coil, and for me its a serine time. When building new coils my worries and concerns drift away as I focus on the process of building a coil for the best possible vape.

Apart from vape satisfying a need such as the craving for nic or the hand to mouth movement, vaping is a way to release and let go the stresses of everyday life and allow one to be submerged in the simple pleasure of great flavour, great throat hit and great vapour. The whole experience of vaping allows one to whisk off to a far away land filled with vape clouds and sunshine. - well that is my view of vaping.

Reo is no contest, but the joy is in the building of the coil (along with the excellent vape of course). There is just something so rewarding from building your own coil, and for me its a serine time. When building new coils my worries and concerns drift away as I focus on the process of building a coil for the best possible vape.

Apart from vape satisfying a need such as the craving for nic or the hand to mouth movement, vaping is a way to release and let go the stresses of everyday life and allow one to be submerged in the simple pleasure of great flavour, great throat hit and great vapour. The whole experience of vaping allows one to whisk off to a far away land filled with vape clouds and sunshine. - well that is my view of vaping.
Absolutely , I agree.

Apologies for the late replies, had a rough day yesterday and basically slept through the whole day.

@devdev Yup, first time using a dripper.

@Cape vaping supplies I am unfortunately very ill equipped to drill out the hole at the moment. I will definitely keep it in mind though. I am mostly concerned with flavour and was hoping the standard hole it comes with would be adequate. It does feel very tight though.

@Smokyg Thanks, it was a bit of a mission keeping the shape intact while screwing it in.

I am going to do a standard micro coil on it next to give a better comparison to how I have my Kayfun set up.

EDIT: Did a standard micro coil. 11 wraps 28g kanthal, 1.5mm ID. 1.41ohms
IMAG0163.jpg

Still needs work. Flavour and throat hit are through the roof, but vapour production is way down. Drilling out the air hole is starting to sound very attractive.

Last edited:
Ok I built my 1st coil today and was really impressed... 1.3ohms and fired like a beauty on the King Mod and Dripper. @steve blasting away.

Attachments

• IMG_4469.JPG
    IMG_4469.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4470.jpg
    IMG_4470.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 38
Hi All

I am trying to go through this thread looking for builds guys have done on IGO-L and Kayfun. Getting this message when trying to search. "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common."

The suggestion is having a section to show off the coil build in a specific RBA? I see there is a Reomiser thread and was thinking this could be done for others RBA's as well?

i.e. KayFun Coils Builds, IGO-L, AQUA Coil Builds etc.

Just an idea, let me know your thoughts.

well i'd like to put in a request for someone who has got something similar to the aga t2 working also.

Hi All

I am trying to go through this thread looking for builds guys have done on IGO-L and Kayfun. Getting this message when trying to search. "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common."

The suggestion is having a section to show off the coil build in a specific RBA? I see there is a Reomiser thread and was thinking this could be done for others RBA's as well?

i.e. KayFun Coils Builds, IGO-L, AQUA Coil Builds etc.

Just an idea, let me know your thoughts.
Done, thanks for the idea. Is a subforum (or child) to the Modders Paradise forum. Will move some appropriate threads there over time - Moderators please help. Think we leave the Reomizer thread in the Reoville forum as it is more relevant there.

Yeah - almost feels like we could chop up "Show us your working wick" thread but that's a ton of work, and also not cool to destroy one of the biggest threads here.

Maybe we lock this thread and then have a dedicated thread for specific setups?

1. Kayfun, Rocket, Russian
2. Igo, Trident & Drippers
3. Rsst, Genesis, Ithaka
3. PT2
4. Aqua

Yeah - almost feels like we could chop up "Show us your working wick" thread but that's a ton of work, and also not cool to destroy one of the biggest threads here.

Maybe we lock this thread and then have a dedicated thread for specific setups?

1. Kayfun, Rocket, Russian
2. Igo, Trident & Drippers
3. Rsst, Genesis, Ithaka
3. PT2
4. Aqua
Sounds good.

Will get on it this afternoon.

At the moment I have a few deadlines that require my attention.

At this stage I really don't know where my next mod is coming from

Good day all you beautiful people out there. Here are some photos of a 4x twisted coil, 2x twisted 32 gauge and 2x twisted 28 gauge all twisted together. 6 wraps on a 2 mm bit running at .5 ohm.

Flavour out of this thing is champion!

DSC_0528.jpg DSC_0525.jpg DSC_0516.jpg DSC_0532.jpg DSC_0536.jpg DSC_0529.jpg DSC_0537.jpg DSC_0523.jpg DSC_0545.jpg

Stunning as always @Reinhardt - if anyone wants to quit vaping, get Reinhardt to build you a coil like this and vape Clever Vapes "RED HOT CHILI" on it!

CV_RH.png

That juice is awesome!! I want a bottle

I agree - I'll hold on for it until I'm ready to do a review and then will pass it on to you (don't think @devdev will mind) WARNING: just don't overindulge like I did with lung inhales, you won't be able to vape for a day!

I agree - I'll hold on for it until I'm ready to do a review and then will pass it on to you (don't think @devdev will mind) WARNING: just don't overindulge like I did with lung inhales, you won't be able to vape for a day!
Oh wow that would be amazing! Thanks @johan, @Reinhardt and I work together, he literally sits a arms length away from me.. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back