Start Of Afriville And The Tokolosh/rhino Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

johan

VIP
LV

Awards
Why can't we do something like this locally? surely there must be CNC operator members and enough other expertise on this forum, lets create our own AFRIVILLE!

I'm a draughtsman, I can design the Afriville. @johanct you are a electronic wizz, you can do the dna30 fittment and electronics. We just need the cnc machinist and we will be waxed!

I'm a draughtsman, I can design the Afriville. @johanct you are a electronic wizz, you can do the dna30 fittment and electronics. We just need the cnc machinist and we will be waxed!

Great @Tyler - will do a rough idea for a combo unit (bottom fed dripper / ordinary RBA) and post idea later for scrutiny and further comments. I do know some CNC guys but they specialize in military stuff and obviously hell-of-expensive.

Maybe one of the moderators can move this posting to an appropriate thread?

send the spec, im sure that can be arranged

Great @The Golf - I suggest one of the moderators move these postings of us to an appropriate thread, maybe under DIY or something and everybody can contribute to the "Pregnant" Afriville

Cool stuff! This can get very exiting!
I just think we must decide on a original design and not a Reo knockoff. We can still use the Reo basics tho.
Cool stuff.

What an awesome idea!!

I volunteer for any help that I may be able to give towards Afriville. What I lack in technical ability, I can always make up for by pouring beer and braaiing a mean steak :)

Id like to suggest starting with, a mini Afriville with DNA30.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

IMO the new Zeneca SNC-30W (Korean manufactured) has better specs than DNA30

Seneca30W.png

Guys, this is a great idea!

What I can offer is that when the prototype is ready - I will test it - and write a review ;-)

LOL

I do know we gonna try and make It dairly cheap, but how is the quality of the product. We need to look at not skimping on quality, not that the Zeneca would be bad quality, it just that the DNa30 is a tried tested and proven product. What makes thr Reo such an awesome product is the ease of use and the build quality

If it has a DNA30 knock off - count me in :p

Nothing like a:

GEP-psa-logo-720x720.jpg

MOD

im in guys let me know if I can be of any assistance

I do know we gonna try and make It dairly cheap, but how is the quality of the product. We need to look at not skimping on quality, not that the Zeneca would be bad quality, it just that the DNa30 is a tried tested and proven product. What makes thr Reo such an awesome product is the ease of use and the build quality

@The Golf I like your attitude and agree - We go Big or go Home! I need to get hold of both to put it on my workbench and test the living daylights out of each - we will only know after we've measured all aspects of both the DNA30 & Zeneca (I did however saw some issues with DNA30 reported on the web).

my reo left today and was going to order something new. but I will rather wait and see how this turns out

All the best Team Afriville. My suggestion: Make the mod itself as unbreakable as a Reo and make the DNA/Zeneca modular so it can easily be replaced if broken.

There is already a draughtsman on this project but I will help/comment/test/break where I can.

I'm also in! Still waiting on our 510 taps! But I'll help where helps needed!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Ok found something we can work off - just an idea and should not look the same - the top section can house the electronics and the binding posts (different lengths) can enable different heights for different size batteries (pic below):

Initial Spec:
01. Compatible with either (a) Bottom fed dripper or (b) RBA (might require optional post)
02. Optional with DNA30/Zeneca or without electronics or just a simple "Low Battery Voltage cut-off indicator"
03. Compatible with Nipple- or Flat top type 18650 IMR batteries
04. Lockable stainless steel firing switch
05. ..... please add/comment as you like

Idea-01.jpg

Wow, that looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back