Show us your builds - Drippers (RDAs)

kinda crappy if I'm honest :p flavour is good, but the ramp up time is longer than I'd like.

Ah, that is what I wanted to hear from a Coil Master and cloud chaser of note.

Lol you can ask any Vaper who has experimented with coils for a while and they'll all go back to a micro coil. It's always been, and will continue to be fun building the pretty coils. I still do it often. But a micro coil at 0.2-0.3 ohms your world will be rocked.

Sadly, its true.... Simple micro coils just work... :p

But the post holes in the mephisto are so huge, that I'd need some 18AWG to get plain micro coils to look good.

Sadly, its true.... Simple micro coils just work... :p

But the post holes in the mephisto are so huge, that I'd need some 18AWG to get plain micro coils to look good.
I got some 20g in and I'm gonna drop some onto my dark horse. Just to get em sitting flush and sexy

i need to order more wire, also want to get some ribbon

I got some 20g in and I'm gonna drop some onto my dark horse. Just to get em sitting flush and sexy
Was playing with this earlier

f9db7eb6dc1a4fbdabc6a8a74a747e1e.jpg

Twisted 28g and 20g.

That 20g stays hot for a long time.

Ok not my first coil, first one was done quickly just to get a feel for it as this is my first dripper so coiling, wicking & dripping is all new to me. This one got a little more effort put into it.
Anyways, here are the specs:
28 g A1 Kanthal
3mm ID
10 wraps dual coils at 2 Ohm each
Wicked with Koh gen Do
Stillare dripper on iStick
IMG_0351.JPG IMG_0352.JPG

I know this is for a tank but i am getting a fluffy feeling when i look at this build. Dual coil build on the Kayfun.

28g Kanthal
13 wraps
2mm ID
1.8 ohm each (.9 ohm)

20150101_143721[1].jpg20150101_143755[1].jpg

I think this is my first time posting a coil pic outside of reoville :D

-Lancia RDA
-Dual 24G
-2.5 mm ID
-9 wraps
-0.3 Ω
-Rayon Wick

Verdict : Super! The favour is great (not better than an Odin - which is currently the benchmark for me in terms of flavour)

Vaping it at 60w and the ramp up time is quick!

21026671e80e46bbdbc33fd7c9c71f68.jpg

I think this is my first time posting a coil pic outside of reoville :D

-Lancia RDA
-Dual 24G
-2.5 mm ID
-9 wraps
-0.3 Ω
-Rayon Wick

Verdict : Super! The favour is great (not better than an Odin - which is currently the benchmark for me in terms of flavour)

Vaping it at 60w and the ramp up time is quick!

21026671e80e46bbdbc33fd7c9c71f68.jpg
Great coiling there!

Lol you can ask any Vaper who has experimented with coils for a while and they'll all go back to a micro coil. It's always been, and will continue to be fun building the pretty coils. I still do it often. But a micro coil at 0.2-0.3 ohms your world will be rocked.

@Yusuf Cape Vaper i never thought the day would come when i actually agree with you wrt this low ohm coil builds.
the problem however is that once you go low you cant go back. happy place on reo is 0.4ohm and on smpl is 0.25 - 0.3ohm
i blame you pal

@Yusuf Cape Vaper i never thought the day would come when i actually agree with you wrt this low ohm coil builds.
the problem however is that once you go low you cant go back. happy place on reo is 0.4ohm and on smpl is 0.25 - 0.3ohm
i blame you pal
Lol @Marzuq! It really is a problem. I'm stuck at the low ohm life now and I can't get back up. I desperately need to. Campus starts in 2weeks and I can't walk around blowing clouds bigger than some peoples cars. But I'm glad you're loving the super-subohm life. It's something to truly enjoy haha

Lol @Marzuq! It really is a problem. I'm stuck at the low ohm life now and I can't get back up. I desperately need to. Campus starts in 2weeks and I can't walk around blowing clouds bigger than some peoples cars. But I'm glad you're loving the super-subohm life. It's something to truly enjoy haha
yeah bud tell me about it. cant vape in the office anymore as the clouds now linger for a long time creating a brilliant haze of strawberry flavoury LOL.
even the reo mini is setup on 0.35 - 0.4 ohm these days. problems only a vaper will understand

yeah bud tell me about it. cant vape in the office anymore as the clouds now linger for a long time creating a brilliant haze of strawberry flavoury LOL.
even the reo mini is setup on 0.35 - 0.4 ohm these days. problems only a vaper will understand
Vape outside for a bit. The sky in the northern suburbs is too clear for my liking today. Plattekloof hills seriously needs some shade cloth

Decided to play around.

Thought I would give the Clapton cool a go.

2 strands 26g
28g wrapped around that.

7 wraps
2mm ID.
Comes in at 0.4 ohms.

404bd2eb43d328fafd1a58c2c177404d.jpg

Personally think the Clapton coil over rated.

Have to crank the watts really high for it to come alive. But in doing that, the vape becomes too hot to enjoy at all.

I will say though that it gives a mean throat hit.
On 6mg I can only take 2 maybe 3 puffs before I can feel a silver coming on.
Will Vape it for the rest of the morning and see how it goes. But so far the amount of work that goes into it is not worth the result.

Have to crank the watts really high for it to come alive. But in doing that, the vape becomes too hot to enjoy at all.

Will Vape it for the rest of the morning and see how it goes. But so far the amount of work that goes into it is not worth the result.

ive long suspected exactly what you are saying. too much effort for the outcome. i will however still wrap a clapton just for the sake of doing it but its not that high on my list.

Lol read further up the thread and you'd see that we warned against the terrible Vape of these good looking coils

Back