The Gasphase Coils

I also recently migrated back to 2mm, 8 wraps, 26G dual coils from a 3mm, 7 wraps, 24G preferred daily setup. For the last few days I've been back on 28G single coils :talking:

I also recently migrated back to 2mm, 8 wraps, 26G dual coils from a 3mm, 7 wraps, 24G preferred daily setup. For the last few days I've been back on 28G single coils :talking:

Welcome back @Viper_SA !
28g FTW

OK it's time for the Dual Staged Claptons in a Velocity on top of a SnowWolf 200 at 80 watts! OMG! :eek:
Velocity1.jpg Velocity2.jpg Velocity3.jpg Velocity4.jpg

What do you think Rob anything special about these coils or do they run hot?.

What do you think Rob anything special about these coils or do they run hot?.

They look really beautiful... and they take a lot of power to get going... they don't run as hot as I thought they would be and I can actually vape on them at 80 watts which surprised me no end... but these for me anyway are only to show and tell and not as an ADV scenario. The flavour from my Bellus tanks with conventional Kanthal is much better...

I'm going to play with this Velocity setup with plain VG and see if I could compete in a cloud blowing compo! :p

i found that running the gasphase coils as single coil setups was my sweet spot.
The staging pushed them a little too low for my liking(0.11),but a single alien is perfection(0.2).
removed the staging from both fused claptons and aliens and coulnt be happier
almost 3 months on the coils now,need to replace soon

@Sprint,staging or staged heating refers to a single or twisted strand of thinner wire wrapped in parallel with the clapton/alien.
it is used to speed up ramp up and allow use on lower wattage box mods and single 18650 mechs.
Fused refers to more than one core wire within the clapton(2) or alien(3)

@Rob Fisher,spot on,a little quicker on the draw than i am :)

In the pic the centre coil is not staged.the other two are

447574269857827dd4215a744b5508cb.jpg

Everything "HOT" is not always satisfying, just my 2c.

100% agree @johan! This set up is more for playing and experimenting and is so far from an ADV for me...

PS Nice to have you back online... we missed you! Where you been?

100% agree @johan! This set up is more for playing and experimenting and is so far from an ADV for me...

PS Nice to have you back online... we missed you! Where you been?

Just laying a wind egg on the post Rob ;). Had a dual eye op 27 Oct and today was the 1'st day I switched on computer - I know I'm slow, but only find out today about pressing "control ++" Might just be in your back yard in a weeks time, but will give you a tinkle.

Just watchout @Rob Fisher this hot vape stuff can really sneak up on you. When I first tried my first high wattage hot vape... I hated it, now, its what I ADV

I would just like to share my experience with these coils.

I got a pair of the alien fused claptons this morning and attempted to put them vertically into my Velocity.

I ended up bending and messing up the coils a bit and gave up with vertical and inserted them horizontally.

I then wicked them quite tightly to ensure maximum amount of juice was available while vaping.

It started off ok with really hot vapour at 70W but then i started getting dry hits.

I turned down the power a bit to 60W and dripped until it was completely saturated and still got dry hits.

I gave up and rolled myself dual 24g kanthal coils and I was back in heaven.

I realize that I'm probably wicking wrong but the hastle really isn't for me and I don't really enjoy a really hot vape so I'll be sticking to the basics :)

I would just like to share my experience with these coils.

I got a pair of the alien fused claptons this morning and attempted to put them vertically into my Velocity.

I ended up bending and messing up the coils a bit and gave up with vertical and inserted them horizontally.

I then wicked them quite tightly to ensure maximum amount of juice was available while vaping.

It started off ok with really hot vapour at 70W but then i started getting dry hits.

I turned down the power a bit to 60W and dripped until it was completely saturated and still got dry hits.

I gave up and rolled myself dual 24g kanthal coils and I was back in heaven.

I realize that I'm probably wicking wrong but the hastle really isn't for me and I don't really enjoy a really hot vape so I'll be sticking to the basics :)

I've never used gasphase coils in any of my own devices but I did take a few drags on a Mutation X V4 that had a single gasphase coil in and it was an awesome vape, can't remember which device it was running on.

I have no idea which gasphase coil it was specifically, but my usual setup is 26g dual coils on a 2.5mm ID in the 0.3ohm - 0.4ohm region on a mech and the single gasphase coil hit equally as hard if not better. Good flavour and vapour production in my opinion.

Maybe try your gasphase coil in a single configuration?

the alien fused clapton comes in around 0.2ohm,duals must be running low 0.1 or even below.
thats going to be a hot vape any way you try it.
Gasphase alien in single is perfect for me,dual was simply to hot and low.
i did find that you need an atty with decent airflow

Just laying a wind egg on the post Rob ;). Had a dual eye op 27 Oct and today was the 1'st day I switched on computer - I know I'm slow, but only find out today about pressing "control ++" Might just be in your back yard in a weeks time, but will give you a tinkle.

If you're going to be anywhere near durbs, come visit the sirs at their shop :)

If you're going to be anywhere near durbs, come visit the sirs at their shop :)

It was an honour to meet all the 'sirs' and I just love The Milky Way juice :rock: - you guys got a nice establishment running, for sure.

Back