The Reomiser 2

Super coiling @ET
Is that 26g mixed with 30g?
Resistance?
How's the vape on that?

bollocks forgot to put stats. 2 x 28 and 1 x 26 gauge twisted together. 11 wraps around a 1.5mm screwdriver, comes in around 0.55 ohms.
not sure yet if i like this one more than the last. much cooler vape yes but i think i'm losing some flavour

thanks johan, my cellphone does all the heavy lifting there, takes some nice shots it does :)
report back, the triple twisted 26 gauge is giving me loads more flavour. think i'm going to stick to my larger inner diameter coils for now

The reomiser thread seems to have slowed down a lot lately with all the other bf attys around :p

So the parallel coil I shared last, is a winner in my eyes and to this point my favourite coil on the reomiser to date.

Tonight I decided to build the same coil, but with a 1.4mm ID to see what difference the ID will have on the vaping experience.

Parallel 28G, 1.4mm ID, 8 wraps. 0.5Ω

I will share some feedback after trying it out for a few days.

In the meantime, here is a pic or two :)

a60b994f14f0c4d6c2e7eb17e50ed6e2.jpg

40dc7495811f85c9ca17da8782715375.jpg
Hey stranger. When you count wraps on a dual coil is it actual wraps of dual kanthal or total "coils"?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hey stranger. When you count wraps on a dual coil is it actual wraps of dual kanthal or total "coils"?

Hey Nat :)

It's the wraps of the dual coils if that makes sense ?

so 8 wraps is actually 16 in total but you count 1 wrap of the paralell wires as one wrap.

Lol this is confusing to type :p

Please let me know if this made no sense :D

Last edited:
Hey Nat :)

It's the wraps of the dual coils if that makes sense ?

so 8 wraps is actually 16 in total but you count 1 wrap of the paralell wires as one wrap.

Lol this is confusing to type :p

Please let me know if this made no sense :D
100% sense. Sorry actally a dumb question as your pics show this clear as day. Next question. If I generally enjoy about 0.9 to 1 ohm in a single coil what should I aim for in a dual? My ohm meter has stopped working so trying ti gauge how many wraps I should aim for. I have managed about 7wraps/14 coil dual but found the flavour a bit flat. Did another today that is about 5/10 and it seems better so wondered what would my ideal be concidering my preference on a single wrap.

100% sense. Sorry actally a dumb question as your pics show this clear as day. Next question. If I generally enjoy about 0.9 to 1 ohm in a single coil what should I aim for in a dual? My ohm meter has stopped working so trying ti gauge how many wraps I should aim for. I have managed about 7wraps/14 coil dual but found the flavour a bit flat. Did another today that is about 5/10 and it seems better so wondered what would my ideal be concidering my preference on a single wrap.

To get a parallel coil in at a similar resistance with no more than 9 wraps, you're gonna need 32 g kanthal.

This is a bit of a thumb suck as I'm not able to check online now but I would say about 7 wraps with 32g 2.0mm ID would come in around your ideal resistance.

If you don't have 32g, try bum some off @Rob Fisher. I know he has ;)

To get a parallel coil in at a similar resistance with no more than 9 wraps, you're gonna need 32 g kanthal.

This is a bit of a thumb suck as I'm not able to check online now but I would say about 7 wraps with 32g 2.0mm ID would come in around your ideal resistance.

If you don't have 32g, try bum some off @Rob Fisher. I know he has ;)
Rob... I need a visit. Rayon, 32g and a Spa treatment... Rob's Reo Salon. If only my days were longer!!!!

Rob... I need a visit. Rayon, 32g and a Spa treatment... Rob's Reo Salon. If only my days were longer!!!!

What was the ID of the coil you wrapped where you said the flavour felt a bit flat?

@Reonat I had a quick look and 30g at 8 wraps on a 2.0mm ID should work for you.

If you prefer the smaller ID then go for 32g on a 1.4/1.5mm ID with 6 or 7 wraps.

So far I'm preferring the flavour I'm getting off of the 2.0mm. I find the flavour to be more rich. Still putting my 1.4mm through its paces though.

Was 1.5mm

Give a 2.0mm a bash and let me know how you find it. 8 wraps on 28g should put you around .65/.67. Much lower than you're accustomed to but definitely worth a try.

Try using a tobacco if you have or a dessert style juice. I find that the fruity flavours tend to shine more around 1/1.2Ω

So I picked up my drill today and had me some fun doing my first twisted coil :D

I first straightened the wires as per the video @Alex shared the other day and then proceeded to twist them.

The result?

twisted 28g, 7 wraps, 2MM id, 0.89Ω

The verdict:

I've never tried twisted coils before and I must say this has impressed me in the last few minutes I've vaped on it for.

The flavour is rich, and crisp!

It's a little noisy with a touch of spitting but nothing is coming up the drip tip.

It's not the type of coil that fires full steam immediately, but it's better for a slow, longer draw.

The vapour production is superb!

I have a feeling this could be a new favourite :rock:

e35ddde676e5c16cd61d313f005ade61.jpg

3b67a9b01d171b3731424e4f0482ec34.jpg

Last edited:
So I picked up my drill today and had me some fun doing my first twisted coil :D

I first straightened the wires as per the video @Alex shared the other day and then proceeded to twist them.

The result?

twisted 28g, 7 wraps, 2MM id, 0.89Ω

The verdict:

I've never tried twisted coils before and I must say this has impressed me in the last few minutes I've vaped on it for.

The flavour is rich, and crisp!

It's a little noisy with a touch of spitting but nothing is coming up the drip tip.

It's not the type of coil that fires full steam immediately, but it's better for a slow, longer draw.

The vapour production is superb!

I have a feeling this could be a new favourite :rock:

e35ddde676e5c16cd61d313f005ade61.jpg

3b67a9b01d171b3731424e4f0482ec34.jpg

That's a great looking coil @Yiannaki, I still enjoy using a twisted coil.

now grab your drill and just randomly twist stuff, so much of funness. just a note when twisting together already twisted kanthal, reverse the drills spin direction

just as a matter of interest and i may be in the wrong section here but here goes...
i decided to do a new coil on my RM2
twisted 28g kanthal
7 wraps

my test was this..
i wicked using rayon. instead of the usual tight fit i went for a much looser fit. the result. a very tight draw. flavour wasnt very rich and needed to squonk every 3 to 4 hits. vapor production was terrible. closer to cigarette smoke and every time i fired it would make popping sounds.

without changing the coil build, just removing the loose rayon and changed that out for the usual tighter fit, the result was back to normal.
nice airy draw. richer flavour. vape production was much better and no popping.

i redid this test a second time just to make sure of the result and it was identical.
im not sure what causes the major change but i know for sure it exists...

Super looking coil @Yiannaki !
Giving me ideas and more work to do ;-)
Enjoy it.

just as a matter of interest and i may be in the wrong section here but here goes...
i decided to do a new coil on my RM2
twisted 28g kanthal
7 wraps

my test was this..
i wicked using rayon. instead of the usual tight fit i went for a much looser fit. the result. a very tight draw. flavour wasnt very rich and needed to squonk every 3 to 4 hits. vapor production was terrible. closer to cigarette smoke and every time i fired it would make popping sounds.

without changing the coil build, just removing the loose rayon and changed that out for the usual tighter fit, the result was back to normal.
nice airy draw. richer flavour. vape production was much better and no popping.

i redid this test a second time just to make sure of the result and it was identical.
im not sure what causes the major change but i know for sure it exists...

Thanks for sharing this @Marzuq
I also got quite a lot of 'popping' when I played with twisted wires a while back.
Will keep your comments in mind next time to make the wick a bit tighter.

people have said with rayon you need more of it than you would put say cotton. cotton swells a bit, rayon contracts when wet. so soon i'll try wetting my rayon before i insert the wick, that should give me maximum rayon in the coil possibly. or be a big fail :p

I found a very good coil built.
Its a normal Micro coil with 26gauge wrapped 8times around a 1/16 drillbit that comes out as 0.8 ohms
Ive aligned it in the middle of the deck and aligned it so the center of the coil aligns directly over the airholes (I drilled a second airhole on the opposite side). Then I wicked it like the hurricane coil, not through the coil, but around it like a donut.
So airflow goes directly through the coil from both sides
Flavor is the best ive tasted yet and vapor production is great.
What do u guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_20140921_112016.jpg
    IMG_20140921_112016.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 126
Very impressive. And creative to utilize your two air holes with a single coil. Well done. Enjoy.

Very good build, but, unfortunately, your claim has to go into the "famous last words" thread as we've all said "I've built the perfect coil!" :p and then we always come up with something more awesome.....lol

Back