Vape Cartel - Retailer Reviews

To all you guys I'm using standard nickel coilso by kangertech on my previous device once I locked in the resistance it used to stay they same as per builds goes guys I have done plenty builds before this and have not had this issue, please do not misunderstand me kieran at vape cartel is an awesome shop with awesome service so guys he wouldn't even check the device or ask if I would swop it out for something else?

I'm sure he is willing to help you out but kinda hard to make a good evaluation on a product with out it in front of you.

Are you locking the resistance in?

Mine is also a little jumpy when I lock my resistance in.But with very small fluctuations.0.01 fluctuations.Just lock it in and leave it.

This will not cause any problems and is normal for the device.

The IPV D2 is excellent.Don't worry about the small fluctuations.That will not cause any problems.

That is just how it operates and does it's things.
When locking in the resistance on the IPV D2, and after firing, does the resistance stay constant? Or does it fluctuate and still vapes/fires at the set resistance?

To all you guys I'm using standard nickel coilso by kangertech on my previous device once I locked in the resistance it used to stay they same as per builds goes guys I have done plenty builds before this and have not had this issue, please do not misunderstand me kieran at vape cartel is an awesome shop with awesome service so guys he wouldn't even check the device or ask if I would swop it out for something else?
Sounds very unlike @KieranD to do something like that... Hope you get sorted out..

When locking in the resistance on the IPV D2, and after firing, does the resistance stay constant? Or does it fluctuate and still vapes/fires at the set resistance?

The resistance display does not stay constant it fluctuates.

It will fluctuate but will never go under the locked in resistance.

Say it is locked in at 0.15 and you press fire,it will go to 0.30 and then down to 0.15 again.

But will never go under normal locked in resistance.

That is just how the IPV D2 screen displays it.

It is normal and that is how it works.I also use the kanger nickel coils.Mine is doing the same.

There is nothing wrong with the device.

The resistance display does not stay constant it fluctuates.

It will fluctuate but will never go under the locked in resistance.

Say it is locked in at 0.15 and you press fire,it will go to 0.30 and then down to 0.15 again.

But will never go under normal locked in resistance.

That is just how the IPV D2 screen displays it.

It is normal and that is how it works.I also use the kanger nickel coils.Mine is doing the same.

There is nothing wrong with the device.

Thanks guys, this might be the 'issue' that @MoeB786 is having...

@KieranD it must he hard being a vendor sometimes with people that don't do their homework. Ps the amazon and strawdogs I picked up today vape great! :)

Guys trust me I have watched over 15 YouTube videos on this particular device so do not say I have not done my research , also the fluctuating goes up and doesn't come back down to the set resistance it goes crazy like from 0.15 to like .56 and than stays at .56

@Deckie dude I will personally come and drop off the device for you if you want it at 850 also depends on where you are based I'm completely annoyed by this device

Guys trust me I have watched over 15 YouTube videos on this particular device so do not say I have not done my research , also the fluctuating goes up and doesn't come back down to the set resistance it goes crazy like from 0.15 to like .56 and than stays at .56
Like the one guy asked in the reddit thread that i previously posted, does your draw fluctuate or does it stay smooth? If it stays smooth, the resistance is locked in, what shows on the screen is real time resistance based on the temp when firing. The resistance will not immediately come back down to the locked resistance as the temp has increased. This is my basic understanding.

@Deckie I highly doubt he will respond but I do owe it to him his service is great can't understand why the argument here with him? I tried sorting this out personally before going public as well and didn't work out

I think this entire thread of responses is somewhat disturbing.
I'm not suggesting who is wrong or right in this thread. I'm grateful to all the guys posting suggestions and things to try.

My concern here is that people are blasting a member who is voicing his opinion based on his experience.

This doesn't seem constructive. If the vendor would kindly let us know his take maybe we could have a better understanding.

The draw when I pull fluctuates slightly maybe it's just the standard occ coils?
Could possibly be a dud coil.. A friend of mine bought a few of the TC OCC coils and 2 out of 3 were dud coils and tasted horrible. This was on the Evic VT.

Have you tried building a nickel coil on the RBA section and doing a dry burn test?

I'm sure Kieran will respond as soon as he sees this.

Hi Everybody,

Hope you are well, I recently purchased a product from a local supplier, and im not very happy with the product as the ohm readings fluctuate and jump around to much, on temperature mode the cotton burns, which is not suppose to happen, even on variable wattage mode my ohm readings are quite jumpy, (IPVD2)
I have the product for less than 5 days now and I really am not happy,

Also the retailer that i purchased it from is Vape Cartel, The owners name is Kieran Daly,
and he refuses to refund or exchange the product.

This is a big ups to terrible customer service and customer satisfaction!!

Hi @MoeB786

Firstly, is this issue limited to a specific tank/rda in TC mode?

What tank/rda are you experiencing the issue with?

Have you had the same issue with several different coils in TC mode to see if it is your build that's maybe the issue?

- In my experience with TC, a dry hit and fluctuating resistance means your build is not making a solid connection.

In kanthal mode, how much do your ohms flucutate? normally, it can fluctuate between 0.1 ohms in either direction. Is yours fluctuating more?

There is a 50% chance that your current dissatisfaction is user related. but then again it could be a faulty device.

Please try and answer the questions above, post some pics of your build/builds and lets try see what the issue is.

Just curious but have you tried using a different coil in there? Sometimes the pre-made coils do give problems also? Also do you have a dripper that you can build a nickel build and test it on there?

I think this entire thread of responses is somewhat disturbing.
I'm not suggesting who is wrong or right in this thread. I'm grateful to all the guys posting suggestions and things to try.

My concern here is that people are blasting a member who is voicing his opinion based on his experience.

This doesn't seem constructive. If the vendor would kindly let us know his take maybe we could have a better understanding.

What I find disturbing is the statement made on intro of this thread. People who have had many months experience dealing with @KieranD have found his service superb. If somebody comes on this forum "cold" and has a rant, people will always defend a respected vendor/member of this community.

Guys let's just keep it to trying help @MoeB786 sort it out - let's face it TC can be a bit of a bugger as it's still in it's infancy stage. I've made nickel coils & had the same issue but then made a new 1 and things settled and stable so factory coils can & are at times screwed up.

What I find disturbing is the statement made on intro of this thread. People who have had many months experience dealing with @KieranD have found his service superb. If somebody comes on this forum "cold" and has a rant, people will always defend a respected vendor/member of this community.
Sadly I disagree with you because my experience has been disappointing.
I don't want to give any negative feedback out of respect but I feel each person is entitled to their opinion even if you don't like it.

Every vendor has a bad day.
Only the weak need defending ;)

I have had numerous issues with the OCC TC coils on a number of devices - DNA, iStick, eVic... and my issues have been very similar to what you describe (And if you look on the internet, I'm not the only one.)

I would suggest trying a different coil first, in my experience of 3 x 5-packs of Ni coils, I have found that only 2-3 works properly per pack. Maybe I have just been very unlucky.

With other own-built and other tanks/coils - no issues in TC.

Back