Vapour Mountain Premium e-Liquid and DIY mixing kits

@Tom, by my calcs you paid about R720 in total (factoring in a 14.85 exchange rate and duties) for 80ml of juice. Is that right?
If that is, its R9 per ml. Quite pricey but not very bad considering it's an import.
It's a bit cheaper than the undiscounted Twisp liquid at R10/ml ;-)

We can make you a brandy or whisky ready to vape juice, but you would probably not enjoy vaping them on their own. You can then just add a few drops to some other juice, like a tobacco juice, to impart some brandy or whiskey flavor in that juice. That might be easier to start with if you are not comfortable with total DIY mixing yet.
Thanks for the advice oupa, it makes more sense to me now, lol, i didnt know how they would be on their own.

Not difficult at all, but everyone's tastes are different, so it is a bit of trial and error to get the taste (strength) you like. I would suggest investing in some high quality syringes so that you can measure accurately.

Then also remember that the flavours change a bit with steeping - so the pre-steeped mix might taste great and then a few days later it is too strong - so some experimentation will be involved

Not difficult at all, but everyone's tastes are different, so it is a bit of trial and error to get the taste (strength) you like. I would suggest investing in some high quality syringes so that you can measure accurately.

Then also remember that the flavours change a bit with steeping - so the pre-steeped mix might taste great and then a few days later it is too strong - so some experimentation will be involved
Very interesting, perhaps i should just invest in a kit and test it out. It is for my dad which is a huge whisky fan, neat on the rocks. So perhaps he would love it.. Who knows. I think ill just give it a shot and see how it turns out.

Do some research on how to mix and im sure ill get it in no time :D

He might just like the whiskey flavour straight up then. The whiskey and brandy flavours are super strong and you don't need to add as much flavouring as some of the fruity flavours which are mostly used at 10 - 20% flavouring. 5 - 8% would probably be enough. But like Derick said, experimentation is key.

@Tom, by my calcs you paid about R720 in total (factoring in a 14.85 exchange rate and duties) for 80ml of juice. Is that right?
If that is, its R9 per ml. Quite pricey but not very bad considering it's an import.
It's a bit cheaper than the undiscounted Twisp liquid at R10/ml ;-)
that could be right...but it would have been cheaper. HoL marked the parcel as a gift. I did not know that, and when they asked me for the invoice at the Mail Hub, I showed it to them. that was when they hit me with the duties....

if your dad wants to enjoy a whisky vape with a real whisky...is that not an overkill? i would probably go for a cigar like vape with the whisky...

if your dad wants to enjoy a whisky vape with a real whisky...is that not an overkill? i would probably go for a cigar like vape with the whisky...
Good point, let me buy him some juice first and then later we can look at it. He doesnt like sweet things. Any suggestions?

Ok I have a question should I buy a DIY kit or not here is my reasoning I'm quite fond of the current range of juices but there is always that moment when you want to try and blend your own special mix but I have no experience what so ever as well as not having an RBA yet which I read really improves the taste so is getting a DIY at this point in time going to be worth it. On a side note waiting for vapeking to get the nautilus tank which is as close as it gets to awesome taste as I've read and watched so your inputs will be valued?:D

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk

Would love to advise you, but have hardly any experience with DIY yet, despite initial exuberance some time ago.

I think from what i have read, DIY takes time and lots of patience, you need to be very meticulous and careful.

I am still busy with ready made juices ;-)

start practicing your mixing now. doesn't have to be a major mission, maybe just get some flavours that you can add to the juices you already vape as an addition

I have tried with mixing premixed juices to get a new flavour out of the juices and I must admit it is a precise art.

But once you get the hand of it, it really isn't hard at all.

I have mixed peanut butter and vanilla juices already (both at 12mg 50/50 vg/pg blends) with peanut butter being 70% of the mix and came out very nice..

I've done the combinations of pre-made juices as @BhavZ has suggested above. I agree, sometimes just a bit of something else can improve a juice. Did it a lot with the Twisp flavours in many different combinations.

But I think making the juices up from scratch is an entirely different thing.

@ProDiCaL , if you have patience go for the DIY kit, and get in contact with people like @Oupa from Vapour Mountain and some other members on the forum who mixes up their own e-juice. They have been through the mill already and you don't need to repeat their initial mistakes.

The big thing with DIY is just to start simple - take your favourite flavour and make it a bit stronger - or a bit weaker than the pre-made stuff.

Then add some vanilla (or something else you might like) - test it out in varying strenghts and see what you like

If you are someone that knows which flavours would work well together, try it out - if not, there are thousands of recipes online you can experiment with.

Big secret is to just experiment with very small quantities and make notes about everything - it really sucks when you get a nice DIY mix going and then can't remember the quantities you put in.

Quick and easy DIY: Take a 100 drops of your base and pour it into a bottle

now add flavour 1 drop at a time - 1 drop will be equal to 1% (roughly) - you can add 1 drop, taste, add a drop, taste etc. until you are happy with the flavour - then note the amount of drops and when you mix a bigger batch, add that percentage of flavour

when something tastes perfumey or a chemical taste then you have gone too strong - but not all is lost however, because some flavours will settle in nicely with steeping. So just put that batch away, write a date on it and try it every day to see if it gets better - sometimes steeping can really make a juice shine - even if you overdid it

As you can see from @Derick's post, DIY is a lot of work. I tried it and gave up on it. Some of my juices were vapeable, but none were at the same level as good commercial juices out there. I can try as many combinations as I want to make a PassionPeach combo, but it will take a long time and lots of patience to beat VM's commercial one. The peeps that make great DIY juices usually end up selling them and going commercial. So, if you are serious about DIY - go for it. ECF has thousands of threads on DIY and tons of information - I read a lot of them, but to no avail. Fact is, if DIY juices were easy, there would be no commercial juices. I still have a bunch of failed attempts - have an idea it also did not work out cheaper.

Thanx guys i think il Oder the DIY after month end then was planning on ordering it now but im already very low on juice and i cant go no vaping for 15 days from what i read in another post dont wanna see another stinky in my hands again been clean for over 9 months already

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, @Oupa, did not realise we were discussing this in your forum. If you do not like it, I can move to the general forums?

Was just about to say the same thing actually after reading the vapeking issue earlier you may delete comments

I think it is. You always sit and wonder how would this taste with that or a bit more of this than that. Its your own unique home brew that will give you the satisfaction to say "i made this and it tastes great"! Then with a group support group and oupa, it will be easy as 1,2,3, Vape!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Was just about to say the same thing actually after reading the vapeking issue earlier you may delete comments
I acted there on request of Vapeking. Can only do so here if @Oupa so requests. My feeling is he will not have a problem. Don't think we did his respected name any injustices.

@Oupa, we love your talent

And in any event, most of the commentary here was about how challenging DIY is - which highlights just how good @Oupa is at making his juices...

No worries guys, feel free to discuss! I've been vaping exclusively for almost 3 years, mixing and selling juice for almost 2 years.

And yes... DIY mixing can be ridiculously time consuming, but if you have the spare time and lots of patience go for it! It can be extremely rewarding. Such an awesome feeling when coming up with your own mix that actually becomes your ADV!

Back