Voopoo Musket

They might look and feel good.... but in plain Afrikaans I think they are kak compared to my setups... unfair to pit them against YiHi and DNA you say, but how do bring out a whole range and make it worse as you release "new and improved" versions... Voo'Poo rant done...

The new Voopoo mod powered by a windows tt chip. Not only will it set your power output, it will also determine when it will allow you to vape on it.

Regards
Mod in one hand, desktop in the other!

I have nothing against voopoo, it works for the Mrs... but this is not a step forward, this is just taking 2 tubes, sticking the same chip setup in it, making it non adjustable and slapping their name and old tank on it hoping it takes off like a two stage rocket, or a ball out of a musket... cant see it hitting the target at all, time for them to take dead rest and readjust their aim for a new target market... puns intended...
I still see them selling lots of this kit.
Someone always have 1pro to 10 cons and still buys a voopoo.

I have nothing against voopoo, it works for the Mrs... but this is not a step forward, this is just taking 2 tubes, sticking the same chip setup in it, making it non adjustable and slapping their name and old tank on it hoping it takes off like a two stage rocket, or a ball out of a musket... cant see it hitting the target at all, time for them to take dead rest and readjust their aim for a new target market... puns intended...
So all puns aside, what you mean to say is while they’re locked and loaded, the new venture will not go off with a bang, but turn out to be a wet squib?

True, someone is going to want to compare it to their DB/Lunar setups, and continue using it therafter, nothing against it. Me, I'll rather get the new Think Vape double barrel DNA mod... knowing it will perform the way I like it.

Must say there is nothing wrong with that PnP tank. Get the Wotofo recoil thingies and you have an awesome RTA for almost no money.

Regards

Don't say that! We will then get a V2, V3, Musket X, Musket Pro, Musket S, Musket Plus and Musket Max to follow!

As the words of that Culture Club song went in the 80's "people are stupid" so possibly yes!
But seriously people bought it and then complained and bought the upgrade and then complained. Its only the MTL capers and a few other PNP pod users that remained happy

I hear all of your views, and even share some, but I must say in Voopoo's favor it is a simple product to use. I've been going through a bit of a busy patch at work and some issues with my depression acting up, so I have not been feeling like rewicking anything. My 3 Drag X's has kept me off the stinkies, without them I'd surely have fallen off the wagon. After a firmware upgrade the pesky "self-setting" for power and coil sensing is gone and I don't have to keep adjusting wattages and so forth. I actually like the look of this mod, even if it is a copy of something else and I think with the right RTA on top it could look kick-ass.

Last edited:
If anything,this makes me want to buy a DB again.
Thanks Voopoo.:wasntme:

No. There seems to be a Smart mode for the beginners and an RBA mode for the “professionals” :facepalm: with unlimited power mode

Edit: I take it back, no power adjustment… what a waste!
So, the 'smart mode' automatically adjusts the wattage to the coils, etc. Now my question is, based on their picture, who in their right minds would ever vape a 0.60ohm coil at 120 freaking watts?!?! :eek::eek::shake:
upload_2021-6-30_15-34-54.png

As per the following emoji, but instead of a flamethrower blowing fire, your mouth will be! :flamethrower2:

But... they do mention it has a power output of 5-120W, so possibly with the single button there is you will go into some or other menu and using the button adjust the power or (please do not let it be so) you will be able to adjust it via an app.

So, the 'smart mode' automatically adjusts the wattage to the coils, etc. Now my question is, based on their picture, who in their right minds would ever vape a 0.60ohm coil at 120 freaking watts?!?! :eek::eek::shake:
View attachment 233477

As per the following emoji, but instead of a flamethrower blowing fire, your mouth will be! :flamethrower2:

But... they do mention it has a power output of 5-120W, so possibly with the single button there is you will go into some or other menu and using the button adjust the power or (please do not let it be so) you will be able to adjust it via an app.

There has to be a way of accessing a menu and adjusting wattage, just doesn't make any sense otherwise. Do you think it could be a teeny tiny touch screen, adjustable by pet rodents only?

I read all the descriptions and product specs I could find on several websites and couldn’t find any mention about variable wattage or power adjustment options

Dudes, I think it would be via coil resistance. This is what I get from everything your saying. So this musket might know's ohms law.
Honestly if it is like this then the output wattage should depend on the coil.(like the ijust2 and luxotic etc.)
If I'm wrong then, tough I'll get over it!

Dudes, I think it would be via coil resistance. This is what I get from everything your saying. So this musket might know's ohms law.
Honestly if it is like this then the output wattage should depend on the coil.(like the ijust2 and luxotic etc.)
If I'm wrong then, tough I'll get over it!
This has Smart and RBA modes like every other recent Voopoo release from what the marketing says so yes the Smart will adjust to a wattage it recommends for the resistance of the coil head but should still allow adjustment within set parameters for the resistance reading and RBA mode is just variable wattage by another name so can adjust 5w to 120w! The question is how on earth does it get adjusted or moved between modes as we can't see any navigational buttons!

This has Smart and RBA modes like every other recent Voopoo release from what the marketing says so yes the Smart will adjust to a wattage it recommends for the resistance of the coil head but should still allow adjustment within set parameters for the resistance reading and RBA mode is just variable wattage by another name so can adjust 5w to 120w! The question is how on earth does it get adjusted or moved between modes as we can't see any navigational buttons!
Maybe the regular old three clicks method???

Maybe the regular old three clicks method???
That normally allows for adjustment but then the adjustment is done by missing navigational buttons and then fire again to select/set!

If everything is done via one button then it will take so much time and to be honest i would be tossing it in the garbage before even using it!

If everything is done via one button then it will take so much time and to be honest i would be tossing it in the garbage before even using it!
I got nothing. We all expected a bit more from them. Or most of us at least. Honestly it doesn't really bother me that much.
For those that like it and want one I can see the irritation.

Back