What wire do you like best?

kev mac

Old enough to know better
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Is stainless your go to, or trusty old kanthal?How about Nichrome 80?I guess some still use Ni2000 and titanium though I personally don't know why.Performance, flavor what do you use and why?

Kanthal and NI80 mainly for me @kev mac

Kanthal because I know it well and it's reliable.

NI80 because it has a faster ramp which I also like.

But I still prefer Kanthal for the higher ohm builds.

Need to experiment more though...

How about you ?

Ni80 only (Kidney Puncher). ATM my go to coils are 26gx2 claptoned with 40g. All Ni80.

Just plain old NI80. Normal round as well as flatwire.
Good ramp up time and flavor.
Easy to coil with

Just plain old NI80. Normal round as well as flatwire.
Good ramp up time and flavor.
Easy to coil with

How does the round compare to the flatwire in general @BioHAZarD ?
I never tried flatwire but am curious

How does the round compare to the flatwire in general @BioHAZarD ?
I never tried flatwire but am curious
Hey
I quite like using the flatwire to create a larger surface area for the same resistance as you would coil for round. IMO it produces only slighty better flavour than round wire. Overall i am happy with it. Easy to coil by hand.

I have 26gauge ni80 and kanthal A1 that i use often and i love the kanthal for the “ease” of the build and the ni80 for the “crisp” vape i get from it. I have just recently been blessed with a combination of 3 exotic coils thanks to @TheV and i must say the 2 that i am running with now is amazing. The exotic coils is something i am gonna try in the near future as i do find the coils produce a better flavor than just plain round wire.

Ps just remember this is based on what i like and juices i vape with in my devices. D4F5CC41-565D-4D04-A538-CB8E9F2820F7.jpeg628B3F08-730A-46DA-BE19-79A91BF87E06.jpeg

For me it’s n80 Claptons for the win, I get the best flavour off this build, that been said, I haven’t tried a lot of other builds besides kanthal and nichrome, actually to think of it I can’t even answer because I’m so inexperienced, my bad

I have 26gauge ni80 and kanthal A1 that i use often and i love the kanthal for the “ease” of the build and the ni80 for the “crisp” vape i get from it. I have just recently been blessed with a combination of 3 exotic coils thanks to @TheV and i must say the 2 that i am running with now is amazing. The exotic coils is something i am gonna try in the near future as i do find the coils produce a better flavor than just plain round wire.

Ps just remember this is based on what i like and juices i vape with in my devices. View attachment 108842View attachment 108843
Glad to hear you enjoyed the coils and at least got a feel for the stuff :)
I find myself using mainly 24ga Ni80 or 26ga SS316 these days. Once in a while I'll build with a Geek Vape Clapton 3x30ga + 38ga Ni80 just for fun but I seem to prefer more basic wire at the moment.

For me it’s n80 Claptons for the win, I get the best flavour off this build, that been said, I haven’t tried a lot of other builds besides kanthal and nichrome, actually to think of it I can’t even answer because I’m so inexperienced, my bad
Inexperience and a hunger to learn is the best place to be bud. The world is your oyster and you just have a bunch of fun times ahead.

Last edited:
24g ni80 flat wire by haywire. find is makes flavours pop especially dessert or bakery profiles.
fused claptons 26gx2 wrapped with 38g all ni80. when I have the time to make them.

I'm a simple kinda guy, at the moment basic round SS316 28ga, just a simple 5/7/8 wrap, and boom.

My device is seriously underpowered and my new one is with SAPO currently and until I get it, I'm gonna keep it simple.

Kanthal and NI80 mainly for me @kev mac

Kanthal because I know it well and it's reliable.

NI80 because it has a faster ramp which I also like.

But I still prefer Kanthal for the higher ohm builds.

Need to experiment more though...

How about you ?
Hi @Silver ,I've been going with S.S.316 for the most part lately. It's versatile and I get good flavor.Been wanting to try more Nichrome 80 as some say it gives the best flavor and that is my main goal.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the coils and at least got a feel for the stuff :)
I find myself using mainly 24ga Ni80 or 26ga SS316 these days. Once in a while I'll build with a Geek Vape Clapton 3x30ga + 38ga Ni80 just for fun but I seem to prefer more basic wire at the moment.

Inexperience and a hunger to learn is the best place to be bud. The world is your oyster and you just have a bunch of fun times ahead.
Been hearing many using N80 ,and since you do S.S.as well how do you compare the flavor between the two?

Been hearing many using N80 ,and since you do S.S.as well how do you compare the flavor between the two?
Unfortunately I use them at different gauges so I'm not sure how valid my findings are but for me, personally, they are very similar. I should really get some matching gauges in the different materials and do proper comparison with the same builds in the same attys.

I'm SS316 almost exclusively. The resistance to surface area ratio at the various gauges, between 28 to 24 seem to suit me best. Tried Ni200 but found it gave a bit of a taste and I see no need to go that low on ohms. Still do the odd Kanthal coil when in the mood for a low watt high ohm coil in one of the toptanks mainly.

See no need to change as I am happy with SS and know the material well enough to adjust coils for different attys and uses. Guess its a case of personal preference as for all I know NI80 may be just as good once I get to know it.

Regards

Trusty 22g kanthal for me. Tried everything else and always seem to go back to this.

SS316 26g or 24g or NI80 26g. Instant ramp up FTW

Hi @Rafique
I haven't experimented enough with SS wire.
How does SS compare to NI80? Say for the same gauge, ie 26g
Any noticeable change in flavour or coil life?

Ni80 24g for me. Easy to build with and the taste is awsome ramp up is good. Ss316 26g also realy good and the added benefit of tc also a plus. Its easy to work with and overs great flavour.

Hi @Rafique
I haven't experimented enough with SS wire.
How does SS compare to NI80? Say for the same gauge, ie 26g
Any noticeable change in flavour or coil life?

Hi @Silver

In terms of normal round wire configuration. I'd say ramp is the same for both but I think ni80 slightly a bit faster.

For me I prefer SS over ni80 in terms of flavour bare in mind this is normal round wire. I get a longer life span with SS I think because it much firmer to use.

I have just made a dual parallel 26G ni80 and OH MY GOSH!. thee best flavour I have ever encountered. It's like taking a bite out of your juice. Also, very decent clouds at 40 watts(4 parallel wraps). Enjoying Dogs Life by Wiener Vape co at the moment.

Ive also tried the ni80 fused claptons. Good flavour , needs slightly higher wattage, around 75 watts, but spits quite a bit, esp if the top cap on my dripper is off and I'm priming some fresh cotton.

Kanthal is good. Havent used it extensively, but for me it doesnt give as good flavour as the ni80, but compensates by saving battery i.e. low wattages.( i did 10 wraps and found the sweet spot at 28 watts!)the clouds on this build was weather changing! i was very impressed, and at that wattage.

i would say stay away from hive wire. Id like to know your guys thoughts on this, but from my experience, it needs high wattages and just doesnt deliver, in respect to flavour and clouds.

Just got some N80 Fused Clapton Wire 30ga*3+38ga. On a 2.5mm with 6 rolls I get 0.5 after a burn. The flavour is great. Just a bit of a pain on the coiling rig. Had to do it by hand. It kept on overlapping.

I stand by old,faithful kanthal.This is mainly because I am a cloud chaser and depend on my reliable builds.
I know that a lot of cloud chasers prefer ni80 for chasing due to the fast ramp up time-but I compensate for it on the sensei bow (ie.pre-heating my coil before my inhale).Kanthal has also served me well in my last few comps and I shudder to risk my performance by trying something 'new'.

Perhaps I should try ni80 on the side and see where that gets me.

I also have 20ga and 24ga flatwire in my stocks and think that they are decent for everyday vaping.
The 20ga flatwire takes quite a beating and I generally have to change coils weekly,but prefer the24ga flatwire (haywire) for everyday vaping.

Back