What wire do you like best?

Ni80 only, good flavour, quick ramp.

Have 2 get to Vapeking Westrand today, need wire urgently. Thanks to all of you it will be Ni80.

I have a Vandy Pulse Squonker with 24mm Dead Rabbit riding it...any reason to rather use different wire?

Have 2 get to Vapeking Westrand today, need wire urgently. Thanks to all of you it will be Ni80.

I have a Vandy Pulse Squonker with 24mm Dead Rabbit riding it...any reason to rather use different wire?

Nope. You're good to go with Ni80. Get 26gauge (and 36g if you're doing claptons)

For me, I use SS 316L wire exclusively because I find I get the best flavour from this wire as oppose to Ni80. I also find I can get great flavour at lower wattage (ranging from 23W to 28W) with SS 316L wire. Ramp up is quick imo.

For me, I use SS 316L wire exclusively because I find I get the best flavour from this wire as oppose to Ni80. I also find I can get great flavour at lower wattage (ranging from 23W to 28W) with SS 316L wire. Ramp up is quick imo.
I need some ss in my life @Carnival

I’ve been a fan of 22g kanthal forever but I’m keen on ss.

I don’t vape high watts so the quick ramp up works for me.

Because i almost always use framed staple builds i use a combination. Cores are stainless for flavour and corrosion resistance and then i clapton with nichr80 for better ramp-up.
This will also apply for when i make fused claptons.

Try some of this, does the job for me. Don't know what your preferred resistance is in the setup but it works well for me on the RSQ with a single coil RDA. Don't know where you will come out if you do dual coil though, but maybe keep it in mind.

IMG_0102.JPG

Lekker wire that.
Agree, I use it in most of my tanks and rda's, as it suits my style, lower wattage with a higher resistance. Also does not kill battery life on the single cell squonker so fast. Want to try some SS later on, once I get some.

Im too stuck in my ways. Been using twisted kanthal for over 2 years. It gives me such a nice warm, full mouth wettish vape. Yes i know wettish is not a word but for reason despise the word moist

Try some of this, does the job for me. Don't know what your preferred resistance is in the setup but it works well for me on the RSQ with a single coil RDA. Don't know where you will come out if you do dual coil though, but maybe keep it in mind.

View attachment 121209

the exact same which I use !

but have also never used it in a dual coil situation

but for my needs it's awesome

I will still be experimenting with other wire

Almost forgot about flatwire (I am using Flat Sixty 20g). I have had good results with this wire in terms of flavour.

Well, the only NI80 in stock was this.So @zadiac, should the need to throw a view tips or ticks this way suddenly strike, I'll appreciate the hell out of it.

Attachments

• 15177497290321069321602.jpg
    15177497290321069321602.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 23
Well, the only NI80 in stock was this.So @zadiac, should the need to throw a view tips or ticks this way suddenly strike, I'll appreciate the hell out of it.

No need for tips. Just wind a coil like you normally would. For single coil, 5 or 6 wraps and for dual coil, 6 or 7 wraps, depending on how low you like your ohms. The claptons will give you better flavor than the normal round wire coils. I would recommend spaced coils.

spaced-vs-contact-coils.jpg

Just a quick side not
No need for tips. Just wind a coil like you normally would. For single coil, 5 or 6 wraps and for dual coil, 6 or 7 wraps, depending on how low you like your ohms. The claptons will give you better flavor than the normal round wire coils. I would recommend spaced coils.

spaced-vs-contact-coils.jpg
Was planning spaced coils as well. Awesome, gonna play a bit, and update my findings. Thanks man

Wanted to try Royal Wicks and Jerky Cotton as well today, but they had no stock, only Cotton Bacon and I know what that offers...chasing flavour today. So decided to go with good old Japanese cotton and the shredder wicking
Just a quick side not

Was planning spaced coils as well. Awesome, gonna play a bit, and update my findings. Thanks man
Well that was more frustrating than I care to mention. 1st time building on this deck, when I bought it the guyd at Vapeking was nice enough to help me out with coils. So all excited, already got my info entered on vapetool, I start prepping my little area, just awesome...then after removing the old cotton and cleaning it nice, I discover I will be needing a micro flat type screwdriver....I probably have 300 star ones, because everyone throws 1 in literally when you buy ANYTHING. I don't own this thing I need and I do apologise to the maker of the dead rabbit, but I cursed him out in my mind like a mad man. Eventually got a sharp knive to do the job. The wrapping went great, always very proud of myself when I have to discard minimal excess wire because my measurements are fantastic. Got it to exactly .3 ohm, perfect. And for the life of me I couldn't get the coils straight, after about 20min I decided to go ahead and wick these non straight coils with the shredder method....so all the planning on getting as much flavour as possible was well done beforehand.

It vapes okay, yes I can taste a difference in flacour, but so annoyed at myself I don't even wanna look at my DeadRabbit!!

Screw this....Igonna go through it all again in a few minutes, so expect another update maybe in the early morning hours. Lol

Wanted to try Royal Wicks and Jerky Cotton as well today, but they had no stock, only Cotton Bacon and I know what that offers...chasing flavour today. So decided to go with good old Japanese cotton and the shredder wicking

Well that was more frustrating than I care to mention. 1st time building on this deck, when I bought it the guyd at Vapeking was nice enough to help me out with coils. So all excited, already got my info entered on vapetool, I start prepping my little area, just awesome...then after removing the old cotton and cleaning it nice, I discover I will be needing a micro flat type screwdriver....I probably have 300 star ones, because everyone throws 1 in literally when you buy ANYTHING. I don't own this thing I need and I do apologise to the maker of the dead rabbit, but I cursed him out in my mind like a mad man. Eventually got a sharp knive to do the job. The wrapping went great, always very proud of myself when I have to discard minimal excess wire because my measurements are fantastic. Got it to exactly .3 ohm, perfect. And for the life of me I couldn't get the coils straight, after about 20min I decided to go ahead and wick these non straight coils with the shredder method....so all the planning on getting as much flavour as possible was well done beforehand.

It vapes okay, yes I can taste a difference in flacour, but so annoyed at myself I don't even wanna look at my DeadRabbit!!

Screw this....Igonna go through it all again in a few minutes, so expect another update maybe in the early morning hours. Lol

Just keep at it mate. You'll get it right.

The more you battle initially the better it is going to taste eventually,:D. Next time you visit our second home, pop into Midas and get one of these sets, makes life a breeze!IMG_0103.JPG

I was tired of not having a screwdriver handy, and at least this is big enough not to get lost easily.

Will defn
The more you battle initially the better it is going to taste eventually,:D. Next time you visit our second home, pop into Midas and get one of these sets, makes life a breeze!View attachment 121247

I was tired of not having a screwdriver handy, and at least this is big enough not to get lost easily.
Will definitely get myself a set like that. Just finished 2nd build, wicked with cotton bacon instead of japanese, but the flavour is so prominent now...I like this mix less than I used 2. Hahaha. Brilliant. Cant wait for the custard to finish steaping...I have a feeling it's gonna be brilliant.

Back