Calling all DIY'ers

Hey, a random tip that really works for syringes...

Cover the number measurements with clear nail varnish. Then the stuff doesnt fade off.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I just use cellotape. It works as well. I don't have a wife/gf, so clear nail polish is not something that I have lying around :p

How do you okes vape enough to mix like this? I make one 30ml mix about every five or six days, and my six steeping bottles are constantly full. I could buy more steeping bottles but then juices would be steeping for like a month before I got to vape them. Dang, I am so being owned here. I seriously need to buy a Smok tank and run an octuple coil head at 150W or something.

How do you okes vape enough to mix like this? I make one 30ml mix about every five or six days, and my six steeping bottles are constantly full. I could buy more steeping bottles but then juices would be steeping for like a month before I got to vape them. Dang, I am so being owned here. I seriously need to buy a Smok tank and run an octuple coil head at 150W or something.
Lol it's hectic sometimes. I can destroy 50ml a day if I'm not careful. Average is 20-30ml a day mostly

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

@Soutie & @Caveman I experienced the same thing, was loving custards and then one day just couldn't stand them any more. I've got about 15ml of a 100ml batch of strawberry custard that I made ages ago just sitting in the back of my drawer. Maybe some day I'll open it up again.

But I've noticed that my taste shifts a lot recently - from desserts to fruits to tobaccos to coffees and back again. I currently have a rotation of six 30ml dropper bottles that each have a different "genre" of juices and I just jump from one to the other.

I guess variety is the spice of life ;)

@Soutie & @Caveman I experienced the same thing, was loving custards and then one day just couldn't stand them any more. I've got about 15ml of a 100ml batch of strawberry custard that I made ages ago just sitting in the back of my drawer. Maybe some day I'll open it up again.

But I've noticed that my taste shifts a lot recently - from desserts to fruits to tobaccos to coffees and back again. I currently have a rotation of six 30ml dropper bottles that each have a different "genre" of juices and I just jump from one to the other.

I guess variety is the spice of life ;)
A rotation a day keeps vapors tongue at bay..

Hi all, i am just starting DIY. I picked up TFA Strawberry Ripe, TFA Kiwi Double and TFA Menthol.
Can anyone give me an idea at what percentages these flavours should be mixed at.

Thanks in advance.:-D

Do a google search for "TFA flavour percentages", you will find many sites that give a guide to starting percentages for TFA. From the one that I found:

Strawberry Ripe: 15%
Kiwi Double: 5%
Menthol: 2-5%

However, those percentages will also vary depending on recipe. If you have an idea what recipe you want to try, look it up on the E-liquid recipes site and it will give you a summary of what other mixers have done with it.

I need some help I made unicorn milk and let it steep for a bit too long made it on the 31.07.2016 and when I vaped it this weekend the throat hit was bad and the flavours muted. What is the shelf life of juice? The colour was nice but just muted with bad throat hit. Should I up the percentages used in my mix to last me or what?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I need some help I made unicorn milk and let it steep for a bit too long made it on the 31.08.2016 and when I vaped it this weekend the throat hit was bad and the flavours muted. What is the shelf life of juice? The colour was nice but just muted with bad throat hit. Should I up the percentages used in my mix to last me or what?

Time travel plays havoc with juice when it comes to steeping, according to the time line we are currently in you mixed this juice next Wednesday :eek:

31.08.2016. If you are making it this coming weekend I would wait a while till you try it. At least till you have made it.

If you mean 2105 then maybe your nicotine has oxidized way too much. I think it's shot in that case. What Bottle was it in and where did you steep it?

Lol my bad. Glass dripper bottle stored in a dark cupboard and my nic is in my fridge and it's prime nic 36mg

Agreed, some unicorn milk recipes I have seen contain custard notes so two weeks should be bare minimum.

Have you made and tries anything else with that nic? Maybe the nic itself has gone funky

Lol my bad. Glass dripper bottle stored in a dark cupboard and my nic is in my fridge and it's prime nic 36mg

Did you shake your nic well before adding it? Also, did you allow it to reach room temp first?

I don't do that. Should I?
With prime nic I find it crazy harsh if I don't shake it before use. And they always recommend using nic at room temp. But if yours ain't harsh I guess not all nic is made equal

I've always used my nic icy cold out the fridge and haven't had anything bad yet. However, I did have a first today: throwing out a mix. Actually, two mixes. The first was Cly Milk Tart and FA Forest Mix. Eish, perfume deluxe so I tossed it. Then I replaced it with TFA Silly Rabbit mixed with Cream and Marshmallow, and that was even worse. I felt physically ill vaping it. So down the drain it went too. I will never get Silly Rabbit again, it tastes like turps or something and there is nothing I can do to salvage it. I went into a brief panic, thinking maybe it was my tank and not the juice. But then I dug out the next in line from the steeping cupboard: FA Espresso and Irish Cream, 2% each. OMG, the rich creamy goodness. So it wasn't the tank.

But now I'm a bit paranoid about mixing at too high a concentration. I'm pretty sure that was the problem with the two mixes I tossed, and my next mixing batch is going to include FA Torrone on its own. HIC recommends it at 3% but I have seen some crazy figures on E-liquid dot com. Some saying it's almost unvapeable even at 0.5%, needs to be diluted 10:1 and then only used at 1%. So now I am worried, I don't want to ditch this too. Is HIC's 3% doable? Anybody tried it on its own at 3%? @Andre? Any help appreciated.

With prime nic I find it crazy harsh if I don't shake it before use. And they always recommend using nic at room temp. But if yours ain't harsh I guess not all nic is made equal

I use Prime Nic. I will do it in future. Thanks

I've always used my nic icy cold out the fridge and haven't had anything bad yet. However, I did have a first today: throwing out a mix. Actually, two mixes. The first was Cly Milk Tart and FA Forest Mix. Eish, perfume deluxe so I tossed it. Then I replaced it with TFA Silly Rabbit mixed with Cream and Marshmallow, and that was even worse. I felt physically ill vaping it. So down the drain it went too. I will never get Silly Rabbit again, it tastes like turps or something and there is nothing I can do to salvage it. I went into a brief panic, thinking maybe it was my tank and not the juice. But then I dug out the next in line from the steeping cupboard: FA Espresso and Irish Cream, 2% each. OMG, the rich creamy goodness. So it wasn't the tank.

But now I'm a bit paranoid about mixing at too high a concentration. I'm pretty sure that was the problem with the two mixes I tossed, and my next mixing batch is going to include FA Torrone on its own. HIC recommends it at 3% but I have seen some crazy figures on E-liquid dot com. Some saying it's almost unvapeable even at 0.5%, needs to be diluted 10:1 and then only used at 1%. So now I am worried, I don't want to ditch this too. Is HIC's 3% doable? Anybody tried it on its own at 3%? @Andre? Any help appreciated.

HIC has some good recipes but honestly I find some of his notes (and recipes) way off base (for me)
Torrone is wicked strong, that said 2% is probably the highest I'd ever go, and it CAN sometimes work that high in some cases.
In mixes I generally like it between 0.25-0.5%.
2-3% standalone shouldn't be too bad, but why not start at 1 or 1.5% and work up?

Thanks very much, @method1, I'll start it at 1%. I am actually looking to get more subtle flavours, I find most of my mixes to be too rich. I want flavours where I just get the slightest hint of flavour. This Irish coffee is great now but I can tell already that I'll be g@tvol of it in a week. Each vape is like having a big swig of coffee. It'll get old really quickly. I want to try very subtle mixes now where it takes me a tank just to determine that there is actually something there other than the base mix.

Thanks very much, @method1, I'll start it at 1%. I am actually looking to get more subtle flavours, I find most of my mixes to be too rich. I want flavours where I just get the slightest hint of flavour. This Irish coffee is great now but I can tell already that I'll be g@tvol of it in a week. Each vape is like having a big swig of coffee. It'll get old really quickly. I want to try very subtle mixes now where it takes me a tank just to determine that there is actually something there other than the base mix.

Man I love me some Irish Cream, just a pity it kills coils like it was made for it. I find myself always having a tank of menthol around. Keeps the other flavors fresh on my palate for longer

I don't shake it well and don't leave to warm to room temperature. Isn't that more for vg based nic? Mine is pg based. I personally think the flavours like strawberry ripe has faded off after time as my percentage wasn't that high and have seen comments of strawberry ripe to fade off

Yeah, @Caveman, I use Spearmint for that purpose. I mixed up some Vapeowave Spearmint at around 8% which was a leetle strong. But as a palate cleanser, it does the job. I have it in my Melo 2 with a cCell coil and I just have 2 or 3 vapes on it. It's kinda eye-watering but it sure makes you forget the flavour(s) you were vaping before. :D

I have not tried it as a standalone, but coincidentally came across this thread on Reddit yesterday where someone (scroll down) says it is awesome at 3%. You might like the rest of the thread too.

Back