Dem builds

a0cc93d5ac9b99b020ef342a5db03059.jpg

My fist successful set of fused claptons.

0c4493692c08f8e26072d4fd3b0f9700.jpg

Mounted and looking pretty in the TM24 PRO,

2x28 SS316 cores claptoned in 36 Ni80.
Ready to replay baby!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another build messed up tonight:
3 x 28 ni80 slentre braid 5 loop 36ga ni80wanted the one core wire to pull up all the way through didn't work out lol 0.104 ohms 2.5mm
IMG_20180430_233118.jpg
IMG_20180430_232637.jpg IMG_20180430_230129.jpg
IMG_20180430_215103.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180430_230129.jpg
    IMG_20180430_230129.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 24
Great efforts @Friep
You have way more skills than me on this!
Did you try vaping those coils at all? How was it?

Great efforts @Friep
You have way more skills than me on this!
Did you try vaping those coils at all? How was it?
I did vape them and will vape them until i can build new ones the vape isn't bad flavour is good. Not excellent. The braids are giving me better flavour than the messed up frames...
Will get them right eventually...

They look great man really need to give these a go.
The more I build them the more I learn on ways to do it simpler...also a few ways that absolutely frustrated every fibre of my being, lol. Made a nice 4mm for the Hadaly and promised not to touch any wire until the Goon arrives. o_O when you do @Friep , let me know.

Drill, swivels, few pliers, wire (lots) and patience @vicTor. It's an awesome hobby and there is so much info and willing forum members ready to help. Go for it

making my own coils was one of my 2018 new year resolutions, already almost halfway through the year and havent even tried ...lol

bad boy !!

making my own coils was one of my 2018 new year resolutions, already almost halfway through the year and havent even tried ...lol

bad boy !!
I placed my order at throatpunch 1 month ago. I have miles and miles still to go but I travel it gladly. Just pull the trigger.

IMG_20180502_182233_EXP0.jpg

Exstatic about my Goon, as @Friep mentioned it can take some serious builds. This was to test the theory. Serious builds are 1 thing, being ready for the vape you get from them is a whole different story. :GODZILLA:

10 wraps was just a tad to much. 8 loop soos n muis met slippers.

View attachment 130848

Exstatic about my Goon, as @Friep mentioned it can take some serious builds. This was to test the theory. Serious builds are 1 thing, being ready for the vape you get from them is a whole different story. :GODZILLA:

10 wraps was just a tad to much. 8 loop soos n muis met slippers.

Congratulations man glad you got it the 1.5 can take some fat builds with those big clamps

Congratulations man glad you got it the 1.5 can take some fat builds with those big clamps
Playing around with it since yesterday, at the moment I have a tri core fused clapton wicked the way @Waine showed us. Flavour with this is beauty stays on point. Will try some framed this weekend.

I placed my order at throatpunch 1 month ago. I have miles and miles still to go but I travel it gladly. Just pull the trigger.

may I ask, where does a beginner begin, I mean, what is the first "simple" step ?

may I ask, where does a beginner begin, I mean, what is the first "simple" step ?
1st thing I did was buy a cordless drill, ball bearing swivels (very important that it's ball bearing) and then watch every video you can. @KZOR has lots and simple to follow. Start with a normal clapton, and start with bigger gauges 1st. My 1st clapton was 28g wrapped around 24g. It was like trying to coil a lamppost.
But looking back I'd start with 26g core and 36g wrap. Once you get the clapton "onder die knie" you'll know what to try next. I'm trying to master staggered but I'm yet to make a bloody Alien, lots of fun, lots of learning , all around just awesome.

Before getting a drill ect. I would say give some basic builds a go twisted wire, braids, if you already have a drill give fused claptons a go or normal claptons.
Fused claptons is a awesome place to stat especially with 2 cores so get some 28ga wire for those and then something to wrap around it the rule is 10ga more so 38ga should work nicely. With that being said 38ga is thin and might be difficult to work with in the beginning so start your journey try 34ga or 36ga 36ga is extremely versatile nice inbetween thin but not too thin.
Then there is a tool the deadalus if you want to invest it's a great tool and makes claptoning a breeze if you have the cash for that i would start there.
Then YouTube will become your friend.

Step 1: basic tools you'll need - pliers (preferably needle nose), flush cutters, mandrel to coil the wire around.
Step 2: aim for a simple, single wire coil.
Step 3: coil the wire around the mandrel.

To do Claptons you'll also need a drill and 2 different guage wire.

Lots of practice

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back