Dvarw RTA DL from KHW Mods in Hungary

Every time I see that Solar Storm I shit my pants. No, I won't spend $650 an more on a mod, but this thing is like a Unicorn. Best looking Mod ever. By far.

Looks awesome , I actually thought it would take away from the Dwarv, but on that Mod it looks the business.

Got the airflow plugs for the Dvarw MTL today and installed the biggest one. Restricted DL... probably a bit too tight for my liking but at least I can use a Dvarw on my 22mm mods now!
DvarwMTLAirFlow1.jpg DvarwMTLAirFlow2.jpg DvarwMTLAirFlow4.jpg DvarwMTLAirFlow5.jpg

Just ordered a Dvarw MtL, let's see what this rage is all about.

Day three, tried different builds in the 3,5ml Dvarw MTL, 1mm airhole, all 28g Kanthal, coil standing:

1. 2mm spaced coil, 7 wraps: sizzling too much, so it threw juice in the airhole when fired, this caused a kind of membranefeeling on the first draw. Annoying, wrong build for the atty. Very good throat hit.

2. 2,5mm contact coil, 7 wraps: no crazy sizzling, no juice in the airhole. Much better, but the vape was too warm and too wet for my taste, less throat hit.

3. 2mm contact coil, 7 wraps: no crazy sizzling, crisp vape, a bit less throat hit than No 1, really good vape. Could have more th, but I'll add menthol or put the coil a tad higher, so it will work.

This is a fantastic MTL atty, much better than the Kayfun Prime, which I hate. It can't beat my Flash e Vapors, but it's pretty close, so it's a keeper. I'm absolutely attracted by the size, on a 18500 mod this thing is my answer to all the for me not working MTL podsystems out there.

I will try some more builds, maybe 28g NiCr80, this will cause a even crisper vape and hopefully give me more th.
My smallest combination so far (and I only have small combinations...), it will get it's place in my rotation.

IMG_6370.jpg

Loved that post @tool -
So the 2mm ID contact coil came out on top in that round of 3
Very useful and insightful, thanks

Viva MTL :D

This!
My Kayfun 5 and the Hellfire Strike in the picture above live a lonely life, I grab them once a week or so. I sold most of my DTL attys, and I had a lot of them... Just not my cup of tea anymore.

This!
My Kayfun 5 and the Hellfire Strike in the picture above live a lonely life, I grab them once a week or so. I sold most of my DTL attys, and I had a lot of them... Just not my cup of tea anymore.

I still use both MTL and DL
But nothing beats a strong tobacco MTL vape when you need a proper toot!

Yeah, I'll have to mix some NET Burley, a bit of sweetness (honey caramel, something like that) and menthol. This will shine in the Dvarw.

Yeah, I'll have to mix some NET Burley, a bit of sweetness (honey caramel, something like that) and menthol. This will shine in the Dvarw.

"and menthol"
Yeah baby!

That sounds great - NET Burley plus bit of sweetness plus menthol!

I emailed @Zeke and he said they ordered a bunch of Dvarws from KHW, they will announce their arrival on their facebook page.
Can’t wait!

(Now I have a real reason to check fb ;) )

In tonight's pit stop I decided to have another go at a new coil for the Dvarw.

Bottom line is that it's much better and for the first time I am now delighted with the vape. It's lovely and rich. Finally.

Was simple really. I switched from 3mm to 2.4mm ID and did 6 wraps. Using vandyvape superfine MTL fused Clapton wire.

Coil not far off the airhole.

e38385057dc4168edefe8a46ccceb404.jpg

Still find it quite challenging working with this wire. It's quite springy. Not very easy to trap the leads. Not too hard but it's not simple.

ed90774ed1338f8661d3efd9b763abad.jpg

Then I had issues with the o ring on the cap scrunching up. So a quick emergency call to the Dvarw guru and I had to replace the o- ring and put on lots of lube. Just a word of advice - you need to seat that cap very gently so you don't mess up the o ring.

Rob also advised me on an easier way to wick - thread the wick through the wick hole of the cap then through the coil and then through the other wick hole. That was a good plan.

All nicely wicked up
9ae4d91af1d09224cf361120e890636e.jpg

And the Dvarw is in action

5018f3ad01c706a961687c2e4b1feb1f.jpg

Much better vape than I had before. Denser and richer. Am now very happy.

Will vape it side by side against the Skyline for a few days and report back.

Thanks @Rob Fisher for the help!

In tonight's pit stop I decided to have another go at a new coil for the Dvarw.

Bottom line is that it's much better and for the first time I am now delighted with the vape. It's lovely and rich. Finally.

Was simple really. I switched from 3mm to 2.4mm ID and did 6 wraps. Using vandyvape superfine MTL fused Clapton wire.

Coil not far off the airhole.

e38385057dc4168edefe8a46ccceb404.jpg

Still find it quite challenging working with this wire. It's quite springy. Not very easy to trap the leads. Not too hard but it's not simple.

ed90774ed1338f8661d3efd9b763abad.jpg

Then I had issues with the o ring on the cap scrunching up. So a quick emergency call to the Dvarw guru and I had to replace the o- ring and put on lots of lube. Just a word of advice - you need to seat that cap very gently so you don't mess up the o ring.

Rob also advised me on an easier way to wick - thread the wick through the wick hole of the cap then through the coil and then through the other wick hole. That was a good plan.

All nicely wicked up
9ae4d91af1d09224cf361120e890636e.jpg

And the Dvarw is in action

5018f3ad01c706a961687c2e4b1feb1f.jpg

Much better vape than I had before. Denser and richer. Am now very happy.

Will vape it side by side against the Skyline for a few days and report back.

Thanks @Rob Fisher for the help!
This is my build of choice in the dvarw, exactly the same and my experience thus far has been great!

I also struggle a lot with the wire but very worth it once it’s fitted! Enjoy Mr @Silver

Just to clarify , you put the cap with wicking holes on first and then wick ? That means u dont have to struggle with fitting the top cap with wick in the coil........if thi is the case i must try it.

Back