ECIGSSA Comp 10 - Share Your Favourite Tip! (The E-Cig Inn, Boost, X-Hype Liquid Co.)

When refilling squonk bottles, fill the bottle 2 thirds of the way. Turn the mod and bottle upside down and place the tube in the pin. No spilling.

ECIGSSA COMP 10 – Share Your Favourite Tip!

Sponsored by The E-Cig Inn, Boost, and X-Hype Liquid Company

Competition Closes: Wednesday 9 May 2018

View attachment 129614

Hey Fam! It's competition time again!

One of the amazing things that being a member of ECIGSSA, is that we get to share and receive some really useful advice. Running into a problem and being able to post about it, and get responses is something that never gets old.

Even aside from that, every now and then you come across a post about something that you've never really thought about, yet it can instantly change the way you do something, or improve some aspect of your vaping experience!

We thought it would be a cool idea to run a competition, and hopefully consolidate some of the little gems that people have stumbled across and others might have missed!

How to Win
It really is as simple as sharing a useful tip with us! Be it setting up a mod, coiling a specific RTA, or even a specific concentrate to sneakily add into your favourite mix for an added note! You can make it as easy or as complicated as you like!

All entries will then be randomly drawn to establish our three winners!

The Prizes
We have three amazing prices up for grabs, thanks to three AMA-ZING Supporting Vendors!

VAPE DECADENCE / THE E-CIG INN
@BigB and @Mari have generously put up 6 x 100mls of their juice Crafters Code! Their are 8 juices in the range, and the winner can choose their flavours and nicotine options of 0mg / 3mg / 6mg!

A huge thanks to the guys from Boost, @Marzuq and @Keyaam ! For slot number two we have 5 x 50ml bottles of 3mg juice (one of each of the below), as well as 5 of their Fused coils (some single and some dual setups)!
And lastly, we have a great prize put up for slot number three, thanks to @zandernwn at The X-Hype Liquid Company! The full line of their juices, 13 x 30ml bottles, nicotine strength chosen by the winner! So all the below, as well as the soon to be released Brand Name Summer Breeze!

• The competition will close on Wednesday May 9th, 2018 at 5 pm. Entries after that time will not be eligible.
  • One entry per person
  • All valid entries will be randomly drawn to give us the 3 winners.
  • Winners will be announced soon after the closing date
  • Everyone is welcome to participate in the spirit of this competition, however, members of the Admin and Mod team, vendors, and their staff will not be eligible to win prizes.
  • Only those ECIGSSA members with 50 posts or more when the competition closes will go into the draw.
  • Only those residing in South Africa will be eligible to win the prizes for this competition. Apologies to our international members but you are still most welcome to participate in the thread.

What a great idea @Stosta!

If u are a mech user this should be ur daily mantra =
i = v/r
(V is voltage, r is resistance, I is the current )

How to open a Chubby Gorilla (or any bottle which is difficult to open)

Hold the bottle upside down, with the top of the bottle under hot, running water. (let the water run into a container so that it's not wasted). Turn the bottle around and around for a while - about half a minute. Dry the bottle, grab the lid and twist. It should open quite easily.

The science behind this: Hooked's Mom! She taught me to do this for any hard-to-open bottles in the kitchen. Thanks, Mom!

As far as our juice bottles are concerned, I wonder if the hot water isn't softening the plastic top, making it pliable? In addition, if there has been any juice leakage, it might just be the stickiness that's making the bottle difficult to open. The hot water would wash away that leaked juice.

Give your falling mod a soft landing

It's so easy to accidentally knock your mod off-balance as you're reaching for your coffee, for example. Who wants a cracked tank? I recently found a pack of these felt mats at Checkers. I think they're supposed to be used for pots etc. so that they're not placed directly on a hot surface.

I use them in a way the manufacturer never dreamed of - under my mod. If I do knock my mod over, it will fall on the felt, not on to a hard surface e.g. a marble kitchen-counter (which is where I get the best internet signal :-@ )

20180420_103343.jpg

This little tool is like a wizard wand imo.To think this little bugger would make loseing those tight attys bottom part is a breez best tip i got is to add it to the tool kit. And to make it better its caramic tweezers of impending doooooooom!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20180420_145216.jpg
    20180420_145216.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 12
Tfa dragonfruit at 1% blends DIY fruit mixes really well

Uniformly Space a coil by wrapping a high gauge wire between said coil and then remove .... the spaces will prevent hot spots

The small Ferrero Rocher container makes excelent storage for 18 x 10ml concentrates.
14b3b1a5ef3ddc7a0aab8f88e680d60f.jpg

Sent from my E5633 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
When traveling :motorino:
IMHO I always take a mod with that can also be charged with a cables :private:

And if you have an old car which doesn't have a USB slot, get a mini USB car charger, which you insert into the cigarette lighter slot.

Untitled-3-300x300.png

Emergency menthol concentrate can be made with Menthol crystals (available from chemists) and PG. Mix to your desired concentration, then add a few drops to your favourite fruity (or other) juice to give it some chill.

Wear sunscreen.

:-D

Most use full tip I have is BE REGISTERED ON THIS FORUM, YOU WILL NEVER GO WRONG!!

the rest are:
- ALWAYS have 2 spare replacement glass for your tanks (Even when you think you dont need it)
- Put your Nicotine in one of THESE bottles, its much safer to use for beginner DIYers.
- Always carry an extra set of batteries (Safely in silicone sleeves or a safe container, NEVER making contact)

Hope it helps someone

Those needle-tip bottles are fantastic. I'm vaping a juice which is in one of those bottles - quite unusual. It's just so easy to refill my tank - no mess anywhere. I wish all vendors would use them.

What's atty rash??

Atty rash is the marks that an atty makes from continually screwing them on and off the mods. If you have a close look at most of my mods the top of my mods and the 510 don't have any marks at all.

I see @Pixstar has answered already! :)

Very useful tool for taking apart top fill RTA’s and tanks. These straight circlip pliers work beautifully on those stubborn parts, holding the top section firmly whilst you unsctew the bottom.
The smooth, rounded edges prevent scratches.
4F673570-4B7C-4F13-9BEA-3BC4DEBFC04F.jpeg

My tip comes in video form which i posted a while ago but here it is for anyone that missed it.

This tip is the quickest way to get rid of cotton taste.
You wont taste any cotton even on your first hit.
I have been useing this method every time i rewick for over a year.

The small Ferrero Rocher container make an excelent storage for 18 x 10ml concentrates.
14b3b1a5ef3ddc7a0aab8f88e680d60f.jpg

Sent from my E5633 using Tapatalk

Ohhhhhhhhh! I didn't realise that I have to eat chocolates in order to get into DIY. Now that I know ...

For all newbies, buy yourself a 'wasp nano' rda. Its dirt cheap, single coil and so, so simple to coil and wick. U will save a packet from ready made coils.
After buying said rda you will notice red traffic lights change to green extremely fast.

Back