Introduce Yourselves:

Some more experienced people can help you here. I smoked Marlboro red and aspen when the rand was low in my wallet and if I can do it then you can. I actually time myself at work like when I arrive I vape quick then every 2 or three hours I vape again

Then again I only smoked a pack a day roughly and on the weekends 2 a night :/ 3 a day is hectic but glad you made the choice to vape.

Thanx guys, I'm a complete noob!! I don't understand most of the stuff u all are talking about. It's Greek to me! Lol.
I do need something better. I need advise on what would be the best thingymegig be for me? I don't have a budget, just need to know where to go and or what to get! I live in centurion pta

Hi guys and gals, my name is "skobbejak" lol. Or Junior. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to vapeing!!
I'm a 3pack a day camel smoker!!! Trying to cut back abit.... I got myself a twisp, but I'm not getting the satisfaction or nicotine from it, it doesn't last me very long! About 5 hours use. Seems like the coil only lasts 3days.
Pleaaaaaase I neeeed your help??????
Most welcome to the forum. Seems to me you are in need of a long lasting battery like the MVP2. You can get that here. The atomizer it sells with is not very good. Rather try a Protank Mini 3 - available here. Maybe you need a bigger tank like the Aspire Nautilus (5ml), over here. Remember to get extra coils. The twisp juices are 18mg - consider getting 24 mg at this stage - available from www.skybluevaping.co.za.
Just some suggestions. Shout if you have any questions.

Thanks!!!!! So? Do u just put it all together like the twisp?
Yes, very easy. Should get little manuals with it or just google for instructions or just ask here if you have a problem. The MVP2 is also passthrough should you need to vape whilst it is charging, but it should last the whole day - 2600 mAh as opposed to the 650 mAh of the twisp batteries. MVP2 is a tried and trusted device.

U are a life saver!!! Not mine, but definitely somebody would have suffered... Lol,
I see it says in the twisp bottle 0.9 mg nicotine per drop?

My bottle says 18 at the back ? Well in the ingredients list. Not sure about per drop :/

U are a life saver!!! Not mine, but definitely somebody would have suffered... Lol,
They had a totally different notation....that then is probably 9 mg in our terminology here. Then 18 mg should be fine for you, which is much more widely available and generally accepted as a good starting strength. Personally not mad about the juices where I recommended you get the gear from, other than the Five Pawns Bowden's Mate. Look in our review section at juices....can't go wrong with www.skybluevaping.co.za or www.vapourmountian.co.za.

T
They had a totally different notation....that then is probably 9 mg in our terminology here. Then 18 mg should be fine for you, which is much more widely available and generally accepted as a good starting strength. Personally not mad about the juices where I recommended you get the gear from, other than the Five Pawns Bowden's Mate. Look in our review section at juices....can't go wrong with www.skybluevaping.co.za or www.vapourmountian.co.za.
thank you thank you thank you very much. Will get first thing In the morning!!!

T

thank you thank you thank you very much. Will get first thing In the morning!!!
Pleasure is all mine. That big Aspire Nautilus might look top heavy on the MVP2. If you mind that, rather look at the Mini Aspire Nautilus....still takes quite a lot more than the twisp clearomizer. The coils for both the big and the mini one are the same.....the BVC coils, they give an awesome vape.

Welcome @Skobbejak..you have the advantage of being very close to SkyBlue (skybluevaping.co.za) (@Melinda and @Derick) and can pickup e-liquids directly from them (Wierdapark). All their juices come in 6,18,24mg varieties and the ones i've tried were fantastic.

Good luck and enjoy the vaping...it really grows on you :rock:

Thank you, gr8 beeing here! Its been very helpfull and Andre has helped me alot!

Thank you, gr8 beeing here! Its been very helpfull and Andre has helped me alot!
Here is a photo of the MVP with Mini Aspire Nautilus. Photo posted by @Witu here. PM him/her if you want reassurances on the performance of this setup.
662834bf90c3fd9241aac0c2ba795e7f.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no ultra noob here :mm: Hey guys been vaping for two months now and still on twisp but no cigs :)

Call me korn1 or Matt :--P

Welcome to the forum @korn1 - we met in the other thread before this ;-)
Great thing that you switched to vaping. I too got off stinkies with the Twisp.
All the best for your journey!

Hey all, new to the forum...been vaping since around March.

Before then I smoked rollies and cigars (still have a Peach every now and then, especially when I'm out and about). Pretty much went into vaping because I got tired of the smell of smokes. Ja, that's my story for now, otherwise I'll end up waffling :-D

Welcome to the forum @InfamousBadger
Well done on the vaping since March
Enjoy the forum - we have a great place here!

Hi guys and gals, my name is "skobbejak" lol. Or Junior. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to vapeing!!
I'm a 3pack a day camel smoker!!! Trying to cut back abit.... I got myself a twisp, but I'm not getting the satisfaction or nicotine from it, it doesn't last me very long! About 5 hours use. Seems like the coil only lasts 3days.
Pleaaaaaase I neeeed your help??????

Welcome @Skobbejak
No worries, you have come to the right place ;-)

Wow, 3 packs a day - that is a lot. Not many people like that around. I think you need some serious vape intensity to help you on your journey .

I also started on Twisp - and while I was not as heavy a smoker as you (only 20-25 a day), I too found that the Twisp was not intense enough for me. I did manage to quit stinkies on them though.

I have been through a fair amount of gear and realised that I needed more power in the device itself and I need juices with a strong throat hit to keep me happy.

The equipment part is debatable and I am sure many others will advise you. For me, I was only properly satisfied when I used a dripper. The humble IGO-L changed by view on vaping. Now I use the Reo for the added convenience.

As for juice, two aspects here. One is the mg strength. I would say nothing less than 18mg - but try 24mg too. 24mg is not easy to get hold of but SkyBlue Vaping has their flavours in 24 mg. Also I think Vapour Mountain and perhaps one or two others can mix you some 24mg strengths. The other thing is that some juices and flavours just give more of a "hit" than others. For this you need a bit of trial and error. Bigger hitting juices tend to be the menthols and some of the tobaccoes.

All the best and may I suggest you try come to the upcoming vape meet in JHB on the 29th November. There you will meet several vapers and you can see what gear they have and try out a few things.

Hi @Skobbejak

Twisp uses a different notation to everyone else. Strange but that's how they do it.

Their regular strength juices are marked 0.9mg per drop - but because there are about 20 drops per ml - that equates to 18mg/ml. I have confirmed this with Twisp themselves.

Despite their regular strength juices being 18mg/ml, I think that their juices don't deliver as much throat hit as several other 18mg juices. There are many other factors that contribute to this though. I found their Polar Mint had the most throat hit because of its "Mintiness".

All my flavors of twisp says only 0.9mg nic on the back at ingredients
I am not sure now, but I think it was explained by twisp themselves like this: 0.9mg per drop, 20 drops per ml gives you 18mg.

I can be totally wrong, but I remember something like that.

Hi @Skobbejak

Twisp uses a different notation to everyone else. Strange but that's how they do it.

Their regular strength juices are marked 0.9mg per drop - but because there are about 20 drops per ml - that equates to 18mg/ml. I have confirmed this with Twisp themselves.

Despite their regular strength juices being 18mg/ml, I think that their juices don't deliver as much throat hit as several other 18mg juices. There are many other factors that contribute to this though. I found their Polar Mint had the most throat hit because of its "Mintiness".
Damn, should have read all the posts before posting :)

You beat me to it ;)

Hi @Skobbejak

Ah, thanks for clearing that up...shall try to remember.
@Skobbejak - so your twisp juices are in fact 18mg. Thus, you should strongly consider going for 24mg juices for a start. Of course the setup recommended will give you a vastly more effective delivery, which will also make a difference.

Welcome @korn1 @InfamousBadger and @Skobbejak.

Don't worry about smoking for the first month or two when starting your vaping journey. Quite a few vapers do the dual user route in the beginning until the old habits are completely broken. I still smoked for about 3 months after I started vaping and but went from a pack a day to about a pack a week. As long as you are reducing your stinkie intake, the total switch will happen naturally when you just decide one day that you are gatvol of smoking. Stinkies become less of an issue the longer you vape, so it's important to persist with the vaping even if you continue smoking.

@Skobbejak , I agree with the others that the 3 pack a day habit might be more difficult to kill. Not impossible, just a bit tougher.
I thought the standard Twisp juices were 18mg ? I don't have any more Twisp flavors with me so cannot really check the bottle itself but the web site does indicate 18mg for the Signature juices like Tobacco #1.
Heavier smokers do need to start on 18mg or 24mg to get the same nicotine intake as with just the smoking. Starting off on 3, 6 or 12mg is definitely not going to kerb the craving and I think the 24mg might be your best option.

With vaping you also will not get the same immediate satisfaction result as dragging on a smoke does, as it usually takes longer to absorb nicotine via vaping. That's why you normally vape for longer periods or more regularly vs smoking.
There are plenty of knowledgeable vapers on the forum willing to assist and they have nothing better to do than checking for new posts, so fire away any time of day if you have any questions or need a second opinion. ;)

Best advice I can give is to persist with the vaping and not to beat yourself up or think of it as a failure when you do smoke. It's not that easy to break a 10, 20 or 30 year old habit in a heartbeat, especially if you still love it.

Back