Introduce Yourselves:

Hi Guys, my name is Hein.

I have been vaping for almost a year and a half now, I like to read the forums from ecigssa and finally decided be become a member!
I started out with a CE4 stick to see how it is, later on upgraded to a x2o something.
Most of my friends have some nice mods and I currently want to upgrade, BUT I want to build my own box mod. Sadly i'm stuck with finding a 510 connecter :(.
Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Hein

Just try keep a spare bottle of juice in "the bottom drawer"
And a charged backup device in the cupboard
One day, when all the stars conspire against you and you are in a pinch you will be sorted

Problem with vaping is it can take a day or two to replace ones gear and juice
Things are changing with all the retail outlets opening but one still cant go to the garage at 10pm and ask for some Jap Cotton and a fresh 18650 ;-)
Well ll....as luck would have it after the grand opening of foggas on saturday...I now find myself with not obly a backup unit...ijust2 but also a nice green fully charged 18650 battery which I swapped out for the lg chocolate and now forms part of my vape kit...also got me some juice as well

Hi guys
Vaping for 3 years after kicking the stinkies after 20 years, Enjoy vaping, and really Enjoy all the info on the forum, Im a josi boy but now living in Argentina, Anyway around for a month and need to stock up, been using a nemesis with kayfun, no issues thus far, after browsing the forums, think its time to upgrade to a new set up, OK these are my needs, need a good nic hit in juice and intend mixing, hardware need rebuildable stainless steel tank as im on the move and something solid that wont break on a fall as for the mod was thinking mechanical but open to a solid electronic mod my budget for complete setup is around R2000 including batteries, will be going back for 2 years so need setup to last, will appreciate advices and Thanks for a great forum
A really tough mod would be a Reo, but a new one would be quite a bit over your budget. Here is some more info.

And most welcome to the forum.

Hello Guys. My name is Johann, situated in Pretoria.

I came across this forum while doing research about vaping. I have been smoking for more than 20 years and decided it's time to kick the nasty habit. Initially I got me and my wife each the Twisp Clearo about a year ago. Since then, both of us have been vaping on and off. I then decided, without much research, to get a Twisp Aero since I'm quite a heavy smoker and the Clearo just did not deliver what I was looking for. I then discovered this forum and did A LOT of reading on the forum. Two weeks ago I decided to kick it up a gear and ordered a Joyetech Cuboid with the Cubis tank. Since I started vaping on the Cuboid I have not touch a normal cigarette. Well to be truthful, I tried one two days after I got the Cuboid and that was just a horrible experience. I just cannot stand the smell or taste of the stuff and I'm more than happy with sticking to vaping for good. The Cuboid is just an amazing device and I LOVE the amount of vapour as well as the taste. Currently I'm using the SS316 0.5Ohm coil and loving it. I have not experimented with the other coils yet, but I'll get there in the next couple of weeks.

I'm very much a biginner in terms of vaping and since the Cubis tank does not support RBA ( not that I have been able to find anyway) I'm looking to upgrade the tank to a RBA compatible unit in the not to distant future.

Thank you very much for this awesome forum. I'm sure i'll be asking a lot of questions in the future since I want to get into DIY juice as well.

That's it for now, but I'll around to annoy you all with my noob questions quite soon.

Kind regards

GreenyZA
Most welcome to the forum. Yes, as @Cobrali says, the Cubis does have an RBA. I got mine from LungCandy here. So, far I have not being able to build good setup on the RBA, but shall keep trying. Fortunately, the commercial coils seems to last very long. Here is a thread on the Cubis.

Hi everyone.

I'm Matthew from P.E

I'm getting my first mod tomorrow with all the works. (eVic TC Mini + Tron S, LG HG2 battery, a 5 pack Tron CLR coils 0.5 Ohms & my first juice will be Craving Apple Pie by Complex Chaos.)

I'm a non-smoker. About 10 years ago the hubbly crazy flared up again and I loved it, till I did proper research and discovered how bad it really is.

I have mild general anxiety and having a drink in my hand and taking constant little sips calms me down. I am hoping vaping will help me drink less and also help calm me down. My pockets and liver need a rest.

Love this site (been using it for about 6 months) and I'm hoping to participate a lot in the future. :D

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

I'm Matthew from P.E

I'm getting my first mod tomorrow with all the works. (eVic TC Mini + Tron S, LG HG2 battery, a 5 pack Tron CLR coils 0.5 Ohms & my first juice will be Craving Apple Pie by Complete Chaos.)

I'm a non-smoker. About 10 years ago the hubbly crazy flared up again and I loved it, till I did proper research and discovered how bad it really is.

I have mild general anxiety and having a drink in my hand and taking constant little sips calms me down. I am hoping vaping will help me drink less and also help calm me down. My pockets and liver need a rest.

Love this site (been using it for about 6 months) and I'm hoping to participate a lot in the future. :D

Welcome to the forum @Matthew Fagan
All the best with your new gear. Sounds like you are going to enjoy it ;-)
Wishing you all the best with your vaping journey
Feel free to ask questions as you go along. And let us know how the new kit performs for you
Enjoy your stay

Thanks
Would a reo perform as well as an electric mod like the vtc mini
As @shaunnadan says, for a mech mod you need to build a coil of a resistance that gives you the power range you want. With a regulated mod you can basically build any coil (in simple terms) and use the electronics to get the power you want. But the regulated mod will break if (e.g.) you drop it, whilst the mech will just carry on. Regulated mods just have many more potential points of failure than a mech. A Reo can be easily fixed if something goes wrong. A regulated mod usually gets discarded to the rubbish bin. A Reo does have safety features like a collapsible spring and lockable firing button.

As @shaunnadan says, for a mech mod you need to build a coil of a resistance that gives you the power range you want. With a regulated mod you can basically build any coil (in simple terms) and use the electronics to get the power you want. But the regulated mod will break if (e.g.) you drop it, whilst the mech will just carry on. Regulated mods just have many more potential points of failure than a mech. A Reo can be easily fixed if something goes wrong. A regulated mod usually gets discarded to the rubbish bin. A Reo does have safety features like a collapsible spring and lockable firing button.
Thanks
NOW where could I possibly find a reo in. S. A

Hi Guys

I'm William from JHB, been following the forum for a few months, thought I'd better register.. Been smoking almost 10 years, on a pack of 30 Chesterfield red a day now, starting getting into vaping about a year go when I tried the Twisp. Wasn't all that great (those Twisp flavous yuk). Decided to get into it again a bit more serious. Got me an Eleaf iJust2 about a week ago and haven't smoked since :). Really keen to get into the DIY section of things,.

Hi Guys

I'm William from JHB, been following the forum for a few months, thought I'd better register.. Been smoking almost 10 years, on a pack of 30 Chesterfield red a day now, starting getting into vaping about a year go when I tried the Twisp. Wasn't all that great (those Twisp flavous yuk). Decided to get into it again a bit more serious. Got me an Eleaf iJust2 about a week ago and haven't smoked since :). Really keen to get into the DIY section of things,.

awesome !

welcome @Caveman

hope you enjoy your stay here, there is tons of information in the DIY section :)

Thank you very much for the info Andre. I'm a bit snowed under at work at the moment so time for playing around is a bit limited but I think I should order a RBA unit so long. I know I'm going to have to do a lot of reading bodore attempting my own coil build but in the meantime I'll just enjoy my vaping until things calm down a bit on this side. Thank you for the info though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, all the way from sunny (most of the time) Durban.

Been vaping for about 2 years now, finally decided mustered up the courage to stop being a spectator and start participating in the forums.

I started off my vaping journey with a kangertech Evod setup and protank mini 3. Man, what a long way we have come since those days. Charging up the 650mah battery, filling up the 1.6ml tank and living the dream.
I remember building micro coils for these bad boys, and if you get it right... It makes all the difference in the world.

IMG_0362.JPG

Last week I put down my old-faithful and bought a Kangertech Topbox mini and Velocity RDA. Whoa. Is this what I've been missing out on? We truly have come along way. Love that I can switch out batteries when its low, and top fill makes life so convenient, no more getting the paper towels out to clean the mess after filling.

Initially I had my eye on the Kanger subox mini, but was jealous of the Evic mini with its temperature control features. Once Kanger released the Topbox mini 75W TC, I knew I had to have it... what can I say, I'm a Kangertech fan.

IMG_0363.JPG

Every so often, the old Evod catches the corner of my eye and I cant help but reminisce about the good times we had... She'll always be the one that got away...

Been vaping for about 2 years now, finally decided mustered up the courage to stop being a spectator and start participating in the forums.

I started off my vaping journey with a kangertech Evod setup and protank mini 3. Man, what a long way we have come since those days. Charging up the 650mah battery, filling up the 1.6ml tank and living the dream.
I remember building micro coils for these bad boys, and if you get it right... It makes all the difference in the world.

View attachment 47027

Last week I put down my old-faithful and bought a Kangertech Topbox mini and Velocity RDA. Whoa. Is this what I've been missing out on? We truly have come along way. Love that I can switch out batteries when its low, and top fill makes life so convenient, no more getting the paper towels out to clean the mess after filling.

Initially I had my eye on the Kanger subox mini, but was jealous of the Evic mini with its temperature control features. Once Kanger released the Topbox mini 75W TC, I knew I had to have it... what can I say, I'm a Kangertech fan.

View attachment 47029

Every so often, the old Evod catches the corner of my eye and I cant help but reminisce about the good times we had... She'll always be the one that got away...
Most welcome to the visible part of the forum. Congrats on a long vaping journey. Yip, the mPTs and Evods were game changers at the time. Happy vaping on that white beauty.

View attachment 47027

View attachment 47029

Welcome! Always nice to see another Durbanite on the forums! On top of that I'm also a Kangertech addict! Also, if you refer to your beauty as a Stormtrooper I'm going to take a swing and assume you're a Star Wars fan. At this rate you just need to confirm that you play games and listen to metal, and we will be BFFs!

Last but not least, give us a nice profile pic so we can see you easily! Enjoy participating!

Welcome all the new members ! As you likely discovered already, the ECIGSSA members are very eager to welcome their new neighbours.
There's tons of information to be found on the forum if you prefer to sit quietly in a corner and read it all by yourself, but there is just as many people that will answer questions or point you into the right direction if you have any questions.

We just hope you enjoy this place as much as we do.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Welcome to the forum @Caveman
Congrats on the week stinkie free! Marvellous achievement to be off 30 Chesterfields a day!
That iJust2 is a great device. Glad its working for you
Loads of DIY experts on here - check out the relevant DIY sections
Here is a link in the meantime:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/diy-liquid-mixing-vg-and-pg/

Enjoy your stay and wishing you all the best for your vaping journey

Back