Introduce Yourselves:

Good day, thank you for accepting my request for membership into this elite fold of ladies and gentlemen who enjoy vaping :D

I am from Pretoria and have started vaping in October 2016 and have enjoyed it too much to describe!

Hello @Badbadg3r and welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum @Badbadg3r
Congrats on the vaping and glad you are enjoying it
Hope you enjoy your stay here, feel free to ask questions as you go along.
Lots of experienced helpful vapers here

Hi guys new to the scene.
From gauteng springs Nigel area.
Currently vaping on a eleaf ijust s make my own concoctions using clyonix material.

Broke my tank today want to jump to the mod section.
Since I make my own juices I'm a dyi not dyi(do it youself) guy.

Feel like kicking it off with a rta setup.

Looking for a good high vg a capacity setup (vg/pg is 70/30).

What do you think my setup should be is a 2650 or 185650 setup eleaf Pico mega with a rta head a good start?

Currently vaping on a eleaf ijust s make my own concoctions using clyonix material.

What do you think my setup should be is a 2650 or 185650 setup eleaf Pico mega with a rta head a good start?
Hi @Latrocius. Welcome and make yourself at home. Plenty members have asked the same question as you on a setup, please feel free to browse those posts. As it is, you are spoiled for choice actually, although the Pico is a goto setup for many, there are many devices being proposed to this type of question.

Once again welcome and hope you have a good stay!

@Latrocius

Welcome, since you're not starting out I would personally suggest rather dual 18650 that can take larger than 22mm tanks like the Alien 220, Wismec 228 etc

Also gives you a lot more flexibility on going for tanks that run at higher wattages

@Latrocius

Welcome, since you're not starting out I would personally suggest rather dual 18650 that can take larger than 22mm tanks like the Alien 220, Wismec 228 etc

Also gives you a lot more flexibility on going for tanks that run at higher wattages

Thats the thing iv been browsing for 3 months now.
I read the battery section religiously and have a problem with either going dual 18650 or 22650?.

Problem I see from numerous reviews is the pico mega/dual can take both but can't fit a 25mm dta on.
Aileen is cool but I want something with pass thourgh and surge protection.
The stuff from smok aka alien is cool but you can't charge it directly from the unit itself.

Eleaf stuff are cheap and feature rich but the achilles heel is that diameter limitation.

Was looking at going eleaf dual box mod with the eleaf lemo 2 rta. Since a single coil rebuildable setup with no leaking is ideal.

Vape king/ cartel has nice cotton and pre made coils ready to go (0.25 and. 3 ohm) with it.

I build up my own Oka from scratch and dabbled in home made shisa too. Bit Vaping is a whole new exciting level. If I get the right tools and equipment I know il get a boss setup.

My plan ideal setup is.
Endurance battery (vape all day stays far from a charger)
High capacity tank (less refilling more Vaping)
Single coil dyi
Good taste to vapour/smell ratio

To go with the juices I make myself

@Latrocius

Not much battery life gain on a 26650 over 18650 mod, significant when going dual battery.

Get an external charger such as the nitecore i4 and a spare set of batteries, then you have no need of pass through charging.

The Predator 228 has a 2amp charging circuit built in as well so with the right usb charger it would fill up in no time.

Tank, go for something like the tfv8 big baby, very good tank with decent capacity, coils are abundant and if you want to rebuild you can later get the rba deck.

I would also suggest getting at least 1 rda especially since you diy to test your juices, which means you'd be building and wicking anyway.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

@WELIHF
Yeah If I need a normal tank I can use the ijust s right.. So suggesting best to go rda.

I'm thinking of going single coil first and so I would like an easy to get to and wick setup.
I wonder is a tfv8 rba deck avail right of the bat.

I was googling some batteries seems I can get some nice LG or Samsung 18650 with continuous pull sitting at 20-25A thus il require a box mod with 75w for future . That's a good set of two of batteries for R150 (vape king).

Think il need that as a high draw from the batteries will be needed since I use high vg e liquid and will require 0.3 ohm coils.

@Latrocius

Not much battery life gain on a 26650 over 18650 mod, significant when going dual battery.

Get an external charger such as the nitecore i4 and a spare set of batteries, then you have no need of pass through charging.

The Predator 228 has a 2amp charging circuit built in as well so with the right usb charger it would fill up in no time.

Tank, go for something like the tfv8 big baby, very good tank with decent capacity, coils are abundant and if you want to rebuild you can later get the rba deck.

I would also suggest getting at least 1 rda especially since you diy to test your juices, which means you'd be building and wicking anyway.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Seems to me a Hohm Slice with OBS Engine Nano would meet your requirements.

Hello @Latrocius and welcome to the forum

hi guys thanks for accepting my request am from jhb lenasia .. been vaping like 1 year now currently vaping on a revenant cartel with a vgod rdta or a petri rta but do want to try the dripping life

Hi I guys I'm Ethan and I'm new to ecigsa
I was told it's the best way to get over smoking because there's others encouraging you to stop I liked Vaping so much that I started doing tricks with my friends my favorite Vapes is eleaf. Smok and Minikin is my favorite

Welcome to the forum Latrocious, seems like you are off to a good start. I mix my own juices at 30:70 PG:VG, The Tornado Hero RTA has worked well for me as well as the Smok Cloud beast (Tornado is still my fav). If ever you want to tips or feedback on your juices, we have a Gauteng based DIY meetup group :) For everything else that you don have to do in person, you should definitely look around on the forum for great recipes, advice, and motivation.

hi guys thanks for accepting my request am from jhb lenasia .. been vaping like 1 year now currently vaping on a revenant cartel with a vgod rdta or a petri rta but do want to try the dripping life
Welcome to the forum muhammadmoola, I am sure those with more experience would be able to chime in here, from me you will just receive a big welcome :ARMS1:

I was told it's the best way to get over smoking because there's others encouraging you to stop I liked Vaping so much that I started doing tricks with my friends my favorite Vapes is eleaf. Smok and Minikin is my favorite
Hey Ethan, this is a great way to stop, you are right. I tried on my own (with vape) before but it did not last. The support from this forum has kept me going, I hope it will do the same for you. Big welcome :jump:

Hello @Ethan Loubser and welcome to the forum

Seems to me a Hohm Slice with OBS Engine Nano would meet your requirements.
Hi thanks for all the feedback yea this morning I realised that a single coil option is my best bet and hello obs nano is so easy to dyi a wick and coil.

Problem is I'm struggling to get stock of one.
I'm going with a predator 228 box mod kit
Still have my eleaf ijust s tank (since I still got spare coils)
And so want a obs engine nano.
I'm struggling of getting stock in my area of one (East rand gauteng)

Welcome to the forum Latrocious, seems like you are off to a good start. I mix my own juices at 30:70 PG:VG, The Tornado Hero RTA has worked well for me as well as the Smok Cloud beast (Tornado is still my fav). If ever you want to tips or feedback on your juices, we have a Gauteng based DIY meetup group :) For everything else that you don have to do in person, you should definitely look around on the forum for great recipes, advice, and motivation.

Thanks alot yes because of time I don't have its easier to vape then smoke Oka.

Iv noticed since I started Vaping I cough less and have less phlegm must be because I'm staying away from shisa.

I want an RTA for the indepth dyi experience.
But prefer single coil setup.
I saw the smok big baby beast. Its a basically a happy meal of Vaping comes with almost everything but read it suips juice worse then a guy on forth night pay day. And dual coil which means it might chow batteries.

How's your batteries holding up on your smok cloud beast?

Thanks alot yes because of time I don't have its easier to vape then smoke Oka.

Iv noticed since I started Vaping I cough less and have less phlegm must be because I'm staying away from shisa.

I want an RTA for the indepth dyi experience.
But prefer single coil setup.
I saw the smok big baby beast. Its a basically a happy meal of Vaping comes with almost everything but read it suips juice worse then a guy on forth night pay day. And dual coil which means it might chow batteries.

How's your batteries holding up on your smok cloud beast?
I removed it once I started with the Tornado, could not get the taste as clear via DIY coils on the beast. The tornado does, however, leak if not wicked correctly, @Dietz / @PsyCLown might be able to help you a bit more with this.

Thanks everyone for the awesome welcome and fantastic guidance.

I got myself today a wismec predator 228 kit
Nitecore new i4
4x Samsung 3000mah 20A continous discharge batteries.

Now just battling to get a obs engine nano RTA
Then the real dyi will start.

Shout out to vape club in benoni for hooking me up they quite close to me.

Back