Introduce Yourselves:

Welcome! That's quite the collection there, very nice! Congrats on kicking the stinkies, you should be getting your tastes of smell and taste back about now which will only make the Vape flavours better!
When you get into a hobby might as well go big or go home right .
Definitely taste and smell is improving all the time compared to the first day I quit the stinkies and started vaping.
Loving the dessert juice more and more cause they just keep tasting better and better (i have a sweet tooth) hahaha

Hi, my name is Jason and I want to vape (love the autocorrect to cape).
Just introducing myself.
Keen on:
  • finding a local reliable store near Kyalami Midrand
  • buying a device that is reliable and easy to use
  • finding juice suppliers that can keep me gaping
  • staying abreast of new developments
on your marks, get set, go....
Thanks Big_Al
Looks like a lot of very enthusiatic members of the community.
I had no idea this hobby could be so complicated.
Welcome @Jason.55

Congrats on your decision to vape! The hobby can get complicated, but in a good way and only as much as you want / choose it to be. It could also be very simple, whilst still having a pleasurable vape.

On the things that you're keen to find - The closest store to Kyalami is probably Vape King in Fourways: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/vape-king/
You can also find some juices there, but you also have a dedicated juice supplier in Midrand in the form of Vapeolicious: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/vapeolicious/ If you want to try juices not stocked by either, many of the juice suppliers on this forum have sites where you can order directly online for reasonable delivery fees. Which flavours do you generally like?

As far as buying a reliable device that is easy to use - what are you looking for in a device? (besides reliability and ease of use). Do you primarily want good flavour or do you want to blow big clouds? Is it important to you that it takes a lot of juice in one refill? Do you want lots of adjustability or do you want a set and go device? Are you already vaping (and if so, what device do you use) or are you planning to start soon?

Staying abreast of new developments - There is a wealth of info on this forum and many very knowledgeable and experienced members that we could learn tons from.

When you get into a hobby might as well go big or go home right .
Definitely taste and smell is improving all the time compared to the first day I quit the stinkies and started vaping.
Loving the dessert juice more and more cause they just keep tasting better and better (i have a sweet tooth) hahaha

Absolutely! Is something is worth doing then it's worth doing right!

I can definitely relate. I'm deep into the dessert and fruit juices as well. Love the sweet stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, my name is Jason and I want to vape (love the autocorrect to cape).
Just introducing myself.
Keen on:
  • finding a local reliable store near Kyalami Midrand
  • buying a device that is reliable and easy to use
  • finding juice suppliers that can keep me gaping
  • staying abreast of new developments
on your marks, get set, go....

Welcome to the forum @Jason.55
You definitely doing the right thing by wanting to vape and by being on this forum. Hopefully you will get sorted pretty quickly.

@Lingogrey has given great advice in his previous post and he asked very good questions about your preferences, the answers of which would help us to advise you better.

Its a great idea to go try before you buy. Ask them to show you a Subtank Mini or an iJust2 among whatever else you may fancy.

On selecting a vendor, bear in mind there are several vendors listed on the home page of this forum (just scroll down). I cant think offhand of vendors based in Midrand with a walk in shop type environment, but perhaps other members can also advise.

On juices, my advice is to get a few when you start but try discover what flavour families you enjoy. Ie fruits, tobaccoes, desserts, menthols etc. Then folk can advise you. Also, we have quite a comprehensive juice reviews section on this forum. Scroll down on the home page to "E-liquid reviews". This may give you further ideas.

All the best and let us know how it goes...

Hi to all the Vapers out there.
I am finally getting to introduce myself on the forum, although I joined a while ago and have been reading a lot.
I have been vaping for about 18 months after being a heavy smoker for about 45 years. Vaping has changed my health - and my bank balance but it's all good fun. As with a lot of us I started with the Twisp bits but seeing what is available here and going to the Sir Vape meet has changed all that.
Now if I could figure out how to vape on the bike......

I am finally getting to introduce myself on the forum, although I joined a while ago and have been reading a lot.
I have been vaping for about 18 months after being a heavy smoker for about 45 years. Vaping has changed my health - and my bank balance but it's all good fun. As with a lot of us I started with the Twisp bits but seeing what is available here and going to the Sir Vape meet has changed all that.

Welcome mate, was heavy smoker for around 45 years myself. Vaping (and forum) has changed my life. Enjoy your stay here.

Welcome to the forum @Salamander
Glad you found us.
The forum is certainly a major bonus to the vaping journey because we all share and learn from one another. Its like having one big vape meet all the time ;-)
Enjoy the forum and feel free to ask questions as you go

PS - I love Scottburgh by the way, spent several holidays there when i was a kid. Such a nice part of the country you live in!

Hi to you all. Been vaping for 2 years now, after a 30 year cigarette habit. Great forum, and love all the information. Started with twisp and have had quite a few other devices. My current device is the Vap3 V8. Best I have used yet. Very interested in getting into some DIY vaping and mods. Have loads of questions that will follow :)

Hi to you all. Been vaping for 2 years now, after a 30 year cigarette habit. Great forum, and love all the information. Started with twisp and have had quite a few other devices. My current device is the Vap3 V8. Best I have used yet. Very interested in getting into some DIY vaping and mods. Have loads of questions that will follow :)
Most welcome to the forum. That must be a gaming handle, I hope! Congrats on being stinky free for so long. Looking forward to try and assist in your future vaping journey. Happy vaping. Where is "BIG SMOKE"?

Hi Fellow Vapers,

I have been vaping for a very long time now, probably 2.5 years or so. I was on the starter type kits for about a year, also vaping the hardcore tobacco flavors. Then about a year ago, I started to see the light in terms of devices other than a twisp - I thought the twisp was the best thing under the sun for that first year of vaping, same applies to the twisp liquids.

Then one day out of the blue, someone on a different forum( computer classifieds forum) posted a what you vaping thread, I obviously posted my twisp and the flavour i was on. Then there were like hundreds of posts of different devices and different liquids etc and the people started advising other people on the best setups etc. This got me thinking and I changed devices and liquid, and from there it was like CUD ( compulsive upgrade disorder - term from computer classifieds ) but for e-cigg gear.

I'm still a noob though, only recently got into RTA's, got myself a OBS Crius V3 and a Griffin should be arriving soon. my RTA currently sits on a EVIC VTC mini. In terms of liquid i'm on the ORION moonlight 3MG, loving this juice btw.

Regards,
NeWoOby a.k.a JacksColon a.k.a Carlos

Hi Fellow Vapers,

I have been vaping for a very long time now, probably 2.5 years or so. I was on the starter type kits for about a year, also vaping the hardcore tobacco flavors. Then about a year ago, I started to see the light in terms of devices other than a twisp - I thought the twisp was the best thing under the sun for that first year of vaping, same applies to the twisp liquids.

Then one day out of the blue, someone on a different forum( computer classifieds forum) posted a what you vaping thread, I obviously posted my twisp and the flavour i was on. Then there were like hundreds of posts of different devices and different liquids etc and the people started advising other people on the best setups etc. This got me thinking and I changed devices and liquid, and from there it was like CUD ( compulsive upgrade disorder - term from computer classifieds ) but for e-cigg gear.

I'm still a noob though, only recently got into RTA's, got myself a OBS Crius V3 and a Griffin should be arriving soon. my RTA currently sits on a EVIC VTC mini. In terms of liquid i'm on the ORION moonlight 3MG, loving this juice btw.

Regards,
Most welcome to the forum. Congrats on being stinky free for so long - a huge achievement. Your gear is right up there. Happy vaping.

A warm welcome to all our new members, congrats on kicking the stinkies in the butt :rock:
It's very good to see so many new faces joining :)
Have fun and Vape hard :rock:

Welcome to the forum @WARMACHINE
Congrats on kicking the 30 year cigarette habit! That is something!
All the best for your journey from here
Enjoy your stay

Hi Fellow Vapers,

Regards,

Welcome to the forum @NewOobY
Thanks for the intro - I think most of us understand exactly what you mean about the CUD issue - Lol.
Sounds like you are getting sorted with some great higher end gear.
Enjoy your stay

Hi fellow Vapers,

I have been vaping for almost 1 and a half year now. Started of with a Twisp ( Yes I know, I was still a vape virgin back then and non the wiser). Upgraded to a Mech Mod and Kayfun 3.1 after 1 month. Yes thats how long it took me to see the light. I eventually got very frustrated with the kayfun, if you make one mistake when filling it it leaks like nothing I ever saw before. I eventually could not take it anymore and upgraded to a ELeaf Lemo 2 ( I just love the damn thing ) and a ELeaf 50W Mod (Freaking brilliant in my eyes, that was until the button broke). Sent my mod back to VapeKing and they have it for over 6 months now with a list of excuses. In the mean time I have been using my Eleaf 30W and MVP2 mod. I have a kangertech Turbo, but only use it for testing my liquids (I DIY my own flavours).

Am now getting frustrated with Vapeking and thinking of also upgrading my Mod to something in the range of the Eleaf 100W. What is the expert opinion here? Budget is around R1000

Nice to see such an active vape community here in SA.

Hi fellow Vapers,

I have been vaping for almost 1 and a half year now. Started of with a Twisp ( Yes I know, I was still a vape virgin back then and non the wiser). Upgraded to a Mech Mod and Kayfun 3.1 after 1 month. Yes thats how long it took me to see the light. I eventually got very frustrated with the kayfun, if you make one mistake when filling it it leaks like nothing I ever saw before. I eventually could not take it anymore and upgraded to a ELeaf Lemo 2 ( I just love the damn thing ) and a ELeaf 50W Mod (Freaking brilliant in my eyes, that was until the button broke). Sent my mod back to VapeKing and they have it for over 6 months now with a list of excuses. In the mean time I have been using my Eleaf 30W and MVP2 mod. I have a kangertech Turbo, but only use it for testing my liquids (I DIY my own flavours).

Am now getting frustrated with Vapeking and thinking of also upgrading my Mod to something in the range of the Eleaf 100W. What is the expert opinion here? Budget is around R1000

Welcome! You saw that light pretty damn quickly...a lot quicker than many of us. That's really unfortunate about your Eleaf mod and strange that you haven't found joy with VK.

If you have 1000 ZAR not taking batteries into account then without a doubt it would have to be the Reuleaux RX200. It takes 3 batteries though so you'll need to cough up between 450 and 600 extra for those but it will be worth it. The new Kangertech 200W is also worth looking at seriously. It's a bit more expensive but requires only 2 batteries so works out the same.

No doubt there'll be more suggestion and advice coming through. Best of luck finding the right mod! Take your time and do lots of research. It's worth it to find "the one"!

Welcome! You saw that light pretty damn quickly...a lot quicker than many of us. That's really unfortunate about your Eleaf mod and strange that you haven't found joy with VK.

If you have 1000 ZAR not taking batteries into account then without a doubt it would have to be the Reuleaux RX200. It takes 3 batteries though so you'll need to cough up between 450 and 600 extra for those but it will be worth it. The new Kangertech 200W is also worth looking at seriously. It's a bit more expensive but requires only 2 batteries so works out the same.

No doubt there'll be more suggestion and advice coming through. Best of luck finding the right mod! Take your time and do lots of research. It's worth it to find "the one"!

Thank for the welcome. Where would be a good place to look for the RX200?

Hi @Voogie - Welcome to the forum - great place to be for experienced vapers like yourself and for those newer to vaping! The best prices currently available for the RX200 (in stock) is at The Puff Station and at Sir Vape. At The Puff Station you can get yourself three Samsung 25R's (4 left in stock) to go with the mod for a total of R 420 (batteries only). They only have 2 RX200's left in stock of the White and Cyan version, though (black out of stock): http://www.thepuffstation.co.za/collections/the-stash/products/reuleaux-rx200 http://www.thepuffstation.co.za/products/samsung-25r?variant=13366717575

Sir Vape has a bundle deal on special at the moment including the RX200 (also just the white / cyan in stock), 3 LG HG2 batteries and a silicone sleeve for the mod: http://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/super-deals/products/wismec-reuleaux-rx200-bundle-deal

The black version is in stock at Vape Cartel and at Lung Candy
http://www.vapecartel.co.za/collect...cts/wismec-reuleaux-rx200?variant=13023265475
http://lungcandy.co.za/product/wismec-the-reuleaux-rx200/

Another mod to perhaps consider, which has been getting rave reviews, is the Joyetech Cuboid (it takes two batteries vs. the three of the RX200, thus it won't have the same battery life and will probably not give you continuous output at wattages over 150. It should be more pocket friendly though, and has a better screen than the RX200). It is in stock at Sir Vape and at J & J Emporium:
http://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/new/products/cuboid-by-joyetech?variant=14897893315
http://www.jjemporium.co.za/products/joyetech-cuboid-mod?variant=13377953220

Hey everybody....I hope this is the right stage for the introductions. My name is Morné. As a birthday gift to myself when I turned 40 I quit smoking after 24 years of it. I had the occasional hubbly thereafter, but it was just too much of a schlep to get that going. About a year ago I bought one of those eGo kits which soon turned out to be a huge waste of time. I then bought a Twisp battery and Clearomiser and it has been not too bad since having that. The Twisp died on me last night and that's how I got to join here. Thanks again for all those who gave feedback to my query from last night. Since the comments and advise came in and a bit of research on the net, I have decided on purchasing a Subox Mini as it seems to be the next best upgrade form the Twisp. I chatted to the Vape King today in regards to that, so as soon as they have stock, I'm in...

Other than that, I have a regular 9-5 in the day time, and keep myself busy with music after hours. I have the wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs and blah blah blah...you know the rest :). I just repaired my Twisp battery prior to my logging in and also repaired another one of the eGo batteries that was defective while I was at it...so I am good to go until I can get my new machine.

Hi there Voogie. Welcome to this very cool site. Check out Sir Vape on the Web. They have a great special on the RX200. I have my eye on it for the end of the month. R1300 which includes 3 3000 MAH batteries!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Hey everybody....I hope this is the right stage for the introductions. My name is Morné. As a birthday gift to myself when I turned 40 I quit smoking after 24 years of it. I had the occasional hubbly thereafter, but it was just too much of a schlep to get that going. About a year ago I bought one of those eGo kits which soon turned out to be a huge waste of time. I then bought a Twisp battery and Clearomiser and it has been not too bad since having that. The Twisp died on me last night and that's how I got to join here. Thanks again for all those who gave feedback to my query from last night. Since the comments and advise came in and a bit of research on the net, I have decided on purchasing a Subox Mini as it seems to be the next best upgrade form the Twisp. I chatted to the Vape King today in regards to that, so as soon as they have stock, I'm in...

Other than that, I have a regular 9-5 in the day time, and keep myself busy with music after hours. I have the wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs and blah blah blah...you know the rest :). I just repaired my Twisp battery prior to my logging in and also repaired another one of the eGo batteries that was defective while I was at it...so I am good to go until I can get my new machine.

Hi @COA Tracks

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on quitting smoking after 24 years and especially on sustaining it! I hope you enjoy the new gear once you receive it. You'll find tons of info on this site and the friendliest and most helpful people around. Whilst waiting for your Subox Mini kit, this is a good thread (if you haven't perhaps seen it already) to check out in the meantime: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/intro-to-vaping-the-subox-mini.t12498/

Hi fellow Vapers,

Welcome to the forum @Voogie
Congrats on the vaping and it sounds like you are doing very well. I know what you mean about the Kayfun leaking issue. Mine was a clone and it was a pain. Put me off them. But now have a monster kayfun v2 clone and it works fantastically.

As for a mod for R1000, the RX200 is great, but its heavy and not pocket friendly. Mine stays mainly at home and is deskbound. Lots of guys raving about the Cuboid, so thats probably also one to look at.

All the best and enjoy your stay.

Welcome to the forum @COA Tracks and thanks for the intro
Congrats on the vaping and for persevering so well. I am quite sure you are going to enjoy your new kit and plase let us know how it goes.
Enjoy your stay. We hae a great place here.

Back